**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Havok plasma damage vs Armor Up

Wanted to see what I am missing, or understand if this is a bug.

Using sentinel against havok (in variant 2.2.1), I use Sentinels S3, gain an armor up buff, but still take plasma damage when it detonates.

What am I missing? I should receive no damage once the armor up buff is there, right?

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,988 ★★★★★
    Havoks Plasma detonation damage can't be avoided or mitigated in any way. Unless you use Cyclops.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★

Using sentinel against havok (in variant 2.2.1), I use Sentinels S3, gain an armor up buff, but still take plasma damage when it detonates.

What am I missing? I should receive no damage once the armor up buff is there, right?

Only active buffs count to deny his detonation. Sentinel s sp3 armor up is passive.

Venom is by far best counter followed by angela, dock ock, heimdall.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Havoks Plasma detonation damage can't be avoided or mitigated in any way. Unless you use Cyclops.

Not even close to true
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Like Vale said, armor buffs will stop it. Or you can power drain him to reset plasma charges as well
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    Oh jeez, guess I never noticed his armor up was passive. Thanks.

Did have IWCap + Vision and sparky for power drain synergy and options. Got through, but stupidly thought I was smart using sentinels S3.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

You need to read more becasse those just so false
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Vale84 said:

Only active buffs count to deny his detonation. Sentinel s sp3 armor up is passive.

Don't forget any power drain causes him to lose all his charges, so voodoo and Vision and dormammu should work great too

Alpha Scorpion
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    Solid call on dormy, especially in variant 2.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★

Vale84 said:

Don't forget any power drain causes him to lose all his charges, so voodoo and Vision and dormammu should work great too

Alpha Scorpion
    And red skull never thuget I’m wild said that.