**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Human Torch and Annihulus Disappointing Champions?

Human_Iceberg2Human_Iceberg2 Posts: 282 ★★★
In my opinion both are very underwhelming. HT is lackluster once you ramp him up and Annihulus hits like my grandmother. Any thoughts on these 2?

Comments

• DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

In my opinion both are very underwhelming. HT is lackluster once you ramp him up and Annihulus hits like my grandmother. Any thoughts on these 2?

What rarities are you playing them? I find Annihilus to be VERY underwhelming but Torch is actually quite fun and if you let the incinerates do their work he's pretty fun to play with. Thing synergy REALLY helps him get to the maximum temperature quickly.

@DalBot probably cause he’s a 3*. Annihulus is disappointing regardless of what rarity you play him as. I’ll do some more testing with HT. He’s still not as good as I expected though.

Agree. Before Annihilus was released there was a data mine that showed him having some good synergies, but I guess they were too good so Kabam removed them and gave us a gimped champ with one decent synergy (the DH synergy), one mostly useless synergy (Glad Hulk)and one synergy that was a copout (the FF synergy). Imagine the let down of pulling a brand new champ, as a 6 star, to find out he hits like a limp noodle, has a pathetic 3 synergies and really only will have moderate usage as a AW defender. :-/
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    DalBot said:

@DalBot probably cause he’s a 3*. Annihulus is disappointing regardless of what rarity you play him as. I’ll do some more testing with HT. He’s still not as good as I expected though.

Agree. Before Annihilus was released there was a data mine that showed him having some good synergies, but I guess they were too good so Kabam removed them and gave us a gimped champ with one decent synergy (the DH synergy), one mostly useless synergy (Glad Hulk)and one synergy that was a copout (the FF synergy). Imagine the let down of pulling a brand new champ, as a 6 star, to find out he hits like a limp noodle, has a pathetic 3 synergies and really only will have moderate usage as a AW defender. :-/
    He's by no means a God but I wouldnt exactly put him in limp noodle territory either. His sp2 can do decent damage if you're aggressive enough and get enough stifles stacked beforehand
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    Everyone ALWAYS says this until someone finds that their actually op or great champs and posts a YouTube video and then the community slowly turns around.. seen this timelessly over and over

Cranmer00 said:

Everyone ALWAYS says this until someone finds that their actually op or great champs and posts a YouTube video and then the community slowly turns around.. seen this timelessly over and over

I've played him quite a bit. Will post gameplay video. He hits relatively hard IF you manage to have a few stifles when you get the SP2. And even then it doesn't last long.

It's clear that he was gimped before release, which sucks for him. He's not Diablo but he's not that much better either.

edited April 2019
    Yea but a lot of ppl went through game play and there’s always content creator info on them, but it’s usually the second wave that find the synergies or get him and dig into it..

The EQ on defense and initial thoughts on content creators are usually show some type of how they are, but main examples include

Ghost and Corv.. everyone thought they were **** but turned out to be the best 2in the game.

CAIW had a bad rep, proxima midnight was wayyyy over hyped but corv ended up outshining her.

Omega red was another one, but come to find out with synergy and high sig (like CAIW), he’s god tier

Sym supreme was another

Tons of people to now think Darkhawk is only good for defender or omega red for map 7 and his attk sucks, but with a synergy and high sig he’s op af imo.

No one is testing these chars out at max sig and usually high sig is the thing that tips the scale and/or using him right/ synergy

Anyways, my point is, I would wait til writing new chars off so quickly..
    edited April 2019
    Plus he’s prob much much better and maybe god tier at top sig and your prob comparing him to your other R5s with higher sig but he’s not an R5 he’s a R1 low sig 6*, but that’s something u prob won’t know about for a long bit
    Cranmer00 said:

Plus he’s prob much much better and maybe god tier at top sig and your prob comparing him to your other R5s with higher sig but he’s not an R5 he’s a R1 low sig 6*, but that’s something u prob won’t know about for a long bit

I'm comparing him to other unduped 6* R1. I have 38 6* and he's in the bottom handful in offensive usability. Even when you consider his sig it only makes him hit marginally harder IF you also have fury buffs on you at the time.

• theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    Cranmer00 said:

Yea but a lot of ppl went through game play and there’s always content creator info on them, but it’s usually the second wave that find the synergies or get him and dig into it..

The EQ on defense and initial thoughts on content creators are usually show some type of how they are, but main examples include

Ghost and Corv.. everyone thought they were **** but turned out to be the best 2in the game.

CAIW had a bad rep, proxima midnight was wayyyy over hyped but corv ended up outshining her.

Omega red was another one, but come to find out with synergy and high sig (like CAIW), he’s god tier

Sym supreme was another

Tons of people to now think Darkhawk is only good for defender or omega red for map 7 and his attk sucks, but with a synergy and high sig he’s op af imo.

No one is testing these chars out at max sig and usually high sig is the thing that tips the scale and/or using him right/ synergy

Can’t agree more.
    edited April 2019

Cranmer00 said:

Sym supreme was another

Can’t agree more.
    Annihilus has also been out a few weeks now and there are videos of people playing him with decent sig levels and he's still meh at best, just like the other garbage champ that came out with the last Fantastic Four member. If you try to tell me that Diablo is any good then I don't even know what to tell ya.
    Diablo might be good for questing or something if used right, but for now he definitely is one everyone thought would suck, and def does suck. He’s just way to confusing or to hard to isolate potions and so on and so forth.. is he good at max sig? Tbh I’m not sure, I doubt anyone has 200 sig him and really ran a test, but yea, they completely screwed the pooch on that one. I like the idea and where they tried to go with making a one fits all type, but in the end, was a big bust.