**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to make opening arena crystals exciting

Step One: complete Act 6.1.1 through Act 6.1.5.
Step Two: grind 11,600 units.
Step Three: open uncollected arena crystals one at a time.

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Why 11,600 units.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Why 11,600 units.

That's just how many I happen to have now. I've been grinding since Act 6 released, and up to recently I've just been grinding arena, opening crystals, grinding arena, opening crystals. But now that it is this close I've stopped accumulating battlechips and opening them five at a time, two at a time, even one at a time. Theoretically speaking two 225 unit openings would push me over the top, although milestones will get me there soon regardless. Still, I've never been so interested in the contents of one arena crystal before.
    AlexG29 said:

Man you could've gotten a job and grinded real $ and bought 30k units in the time that likely took 😂. Nice grind there though, you'll be set to explore 6.2 easily enough

There are eight year olds working a coal mine in 1923 that got a better return on their time than I did, but I just really wanted to see how long it would take if I went all out. It would have been a lot more time efficient to just buy the units, but if I just buy everything in the game it would become boring.

I should probably state for those unaware, the units aren't for 6.2 per se, they are for the 6.1 Cavalier completion package. Upon first completion of Act 6.1, a 12,000 unit offer pops up for twenty four hours that contains a rank 4->5 crystal and a gigaton of potions, boosts and energy refills. That's why the grind.

This is the offer in question:

• Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    I am in the same boat as well. Finished 6.1.1 and stopped. Grinding out units. Currently at 8300 units Plus 2 million BC. I don't have a very large roster like many here, only 1 r5 spark. I'm sitting on 3 t5bcs. I'm now having doubts regarding this offer though, is it really worth? If it were generic then that would have been so great. I don't have any cosmic R4 yet and I m dreading that they will give me that. Also the cavalier openings all around are really enticing. Just a little bit confused.
    My main guys are r5 spark, R4 blade R4 aegon R4 LC R4 km R4 GR. Km GR unduped.

I am in the same boat as well. Finished 6.1.1 and stopped. Grinding out units. Currently at 8300 units Plus 2 million BC. I don't have a very large roster like many here, only 1 r5 spark. I'm sitting on 3 t5bcs. I'm now having doubts regarding this offer though, is it really worth? If it were generic then that would have been so great. I don't have any cosmic R4 yet and I m dreading that they will give me that. Also the cavalier openings all around are really enticing. Just a little bit confused.
    My main guys are r5 spark, R4 blade R4 aegon R4 LC R4 km R4 GR. Km GR unduped.

In my opinion it is worth it. I think in the long run everyone is going to want rank 5 champs of every class, whether that is today or later. Plus, if you're someone that can grind (or buy) that many units in the first place, you're someone who can always get more later and buy Cavs. The rank up (and the potions and energy refills, which slightly offset the cost a bit) is something far harder to grind for in general. Let's say it takes you two months of arena grinding to save up for that offer. How long does it normally take you to earn two T5 basics and six T2 alphas? If it is more than two months, I think the offer is worth going for.

Put it another way: it isn't either/or in the long run. In the long run it is deferring your first set of Cavalier crystals a couple months in exchange for this offer, and then you still get to buy Cavalier crystals down the road. I think unless you're a player who is getting tons of rank up resources on the one hand, but doesn't like to grind for units on the other hand, this is one of the better top tier rank up offers you can get your hands around.
    11865 units, and 18 uncollected arena crystals in a row with gold. The Punisher in the reel is starting to mock me.
    Finally got there, sort of. I got to 11985, then realized actually completing 6.1.6 earns units. I just needed to finish without using any units, which actually wasn't hard at all.

This is the first time since practically when I first started that my unit count has had only two digits.

Was it worth it? Well, I immediately took the energy refills (and some of the potions) into 5.4 and finished full exploration of that part. Which contains an awakening gem. So I sort of got two for one on the deal, which was great for a weekend of effort.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Finally got there, sort of. I got to 11985, then realized actually completing 6.1.6 earns units. I just needed to finish without using any units, which actually wasn't hard at all.

This is the first time since practically when I first started that my unit count has had only two digits.

Was it worth it? Well, I immediately took the energy refills (and some of the potions) into 5.4 and finished full exploration of that part. Which contains an awakening gem. So I sort of got two for one on the deal, which was great for a weekend of effort.

What class rank up r5 gem did you get? And congrats by the way for being one of the latest cavalier. Also since you took the offer it seems like they fixed the act 6.1 missing completion rewards bug.

DNA3000 said:

What class rank up r5 gem did you get?
    Cosmic. I could take up Hyperion immediately, but I'm going to hold onto it for now.

As far as I'm aware I got all the rewards for first completion, so I believe that bug has been fixed (it was announced as fixed a little while ago).