**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.1.6 havok is just a bit silly

Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 85
edited March 2019 in Strategy and Tips
Im all for hard testing content and the need for rewarding a broad champ base. I have no prob with CB in map 6.1.5 he is a boss !!! But you get to havoc in 6.1.6 middle gate have the lanes! I only got hit 3 times out the 5 champs that all got KOD. Magik,blade, capiw all R5 then R4 hype and R4 Sl and he is only down 3/5. I dot believe in dying ingame when u havnt been hit! Just not fair as there nothing u can do but spend. Im sorry game team its just not what we should be striving for.

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    @Jaded I've seen it discussed before but never saw the conclusion to the question of whether Iceman's Icearmor counts against Havoc or if it has to be a stand-alone armor buff (like Colossus) or a passive armor (like IWIM). Do you know?

My best option was Angela during the monthly EQ last month.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

@Jaded I've seen it discussed before but never saw the conclusion to the question of whether Iceman's Icearmor counts against Havoc or if it has to be a stand-alone armor buff (like Colossus) or a passive armor (like IWIM). Do you know?

I don’t know either. I used vtd and banked armor up buffs and power gain buffs. Was able to sp3 to sp3 non stop.

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Yes Ice Armor counts as an armor up buff versus Havok.

I used Heimdall against Havok as if you block a bunch of hits you can convert an armor buff to be permanent and I didn’t take a ton of chip damage doing it either. Angela is another MVP.
  • Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 85
    Might I just its the balance thats missing, havok unless u have the one champ is too hard then u get to Heimdall and I took him out blindfolded. Then just for fun took on mordo with this 7% chance to evade! Lol i wish I had that 7% chance to win the lotto! Capiw back to beack 7% came up cap dead!
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

It’s worked for me and my 5* Iceman.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

Might I just its the balance thats missing, havok unless u have the one champ is too hard then u get to Heimdall and I took him out blindfolded. Then just for fun took on mordo with this 7% chance to evade! Lol i wish I had that 7% chance to win the lotto! Capiw back to beack 7% came up cap dead!

Is morning star unbalanced? Is abomination or hyperion or magik? There are tons of champions and matchups that require specific counters. Any armour buff or powerdrain champ can make havoc manageable. Your team had no counters therefore you got wrecked
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    power drain. Armor up. I agree there are lots and lots of champs with these abilities.
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 932 ★★★

@Jaded

Could you elaborate?

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Guess I’ll be using my r1 5* red skull since the stupid ban locks out my Angela and vision, come on kabam, what is the need for the ban
  • InkvajtInkvajt Posts: 92
    Yes this havoc cost me like 5 revives to take him down.. That was silly.. Like 20 hits tha *bum* i explode and died, not fun.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★

Why doesnt IMIWs armour up count?

It’s not armor up. His is passive.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    There are a lot of armor up and power drain champs in the game. I personally used Venom and unless you got REALLy unlucky with the buff refreshes, you’ll get one armor up and you’re golden. Also, Cyclops is really effective against him (just saying).

Alternatives are like what others previously mentioned, Angela / Ultron / Vision etc. Personally I tried Vision and didn’t really like how the fight progressed. Having an armor up champ and just ignoring his plasma damage is so much less taxing. 😂
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Hahaha. Awesome. I have one R4 one of my own too. Storm was my second R4 so it was a toss between Mag/Colo or Cyk. Took Cyk up cause Miike told me he’s really effective. 😂
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★

Im all for hard testing content and the need for rewarding a broad champ base. I have no prob with CB in map 6.1.5 he is a boss !!! But you get to havoc in 6.1.6 middle gate have the lanes! I only got hit 3 times out the 5 champs that all got KOD. Magik,blade, capiw all R5 then R4 hype and R4 Sl and he is only down 3/5. I dot believe in dying ingame when u havnt been hit! Just not fair as there nothing u can do but spend. Im sorry game team its just not what we should be striving for.

Yeah this fight is easily one of the hardest fights in your first clear...i did it 3 days after you could and to be honest i kept having to reset for that one fight simply due the plasma damage or whatever the hell he produces lol upon doing some quick research you need a armor champ... like constant armor.... not many great champs have that.... but my knight and shining armor lol was My 455 iceman ... got the one shot with him... hope that helps and yes i agree it's a bs champ/ fight lol good luck!
    Lvernon15 said:

Guess I’ll be using my r1 5* red skull since the stupid ban locks out my Angela and vision, come on kabam, what is the need for the ban

Money... all it comes down to

Iceman works... thank god lol during my run i one shot him with my 455 5*
  • Jaemon512Jaemon512 Posts: 46
    I noticed this was the "easy path" on my first attempt - got to Havoc and lost 3 champs before I downed him.

Then i quit out, restarted, and went All-or-Nothing path with Stark Spidey and Magik. No regrets.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Cyclops works too you know
  • Hey guys, there's a dedicated thread HERE for discussing Act 6 Chapter 1 strategies and tips. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
This discussion has been closed.