**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Best Mutant in the game? Domino vs. Omega Red vs. Archangel

rank-up time again... this round, I'm having trouble deciding which mutant to rank-up.

Assuming all are rank 4, awakened, and maximum signature level

Archangel has been increasingly useful over the last few events. And he doesn't need synergy to be great. So he is a great addition to any team. However, most defenders that are susceptible to neurotoxin may hardly notice the difference between rank 4 & rank 5.

Domino is a heavy smashing machine and a bleed goddess (if the RNG is in her favor). Downside: she needs 2 synergies which weaken the overall power of the team if they are not appropriately rank/leveled for the content Domino is tackling. Her heavy may become increasingly less effective with the advent of Human Torch and affiliates.

Omega Red is a biohazard path king. He can offer passive damage if needed and can regenerate quite a bit which makes him sustainable. He also suffers in that to make his damage output comparable to Domino / Archangel... he too needs synergy partners and suicide masteries. He's very effective with suicide masteries, but the rest of the team may not be.

Context:
Ultron Variant is 100% explored
Ant-Man Variant is 100% explored
Act 6.1 - initial completion + 6.1.1 & 6.1.3 are both 100%
* Act 6.1 100% completion is the main goal currently *
Labyrinth - initial clear
hope to 100% someday, but the rewards are increasingly less impressive for the time invested.

Please comment below why you like/dislike any of these 3 champions!

Best Mutant in the game? Domino vs. Omega Red vs. Archangel 56 votes

Omega Red
51%
GamerTerraKossukoseege999menStevenDoran7OrcDovahkiinScholia10or_StrongXxLoganTDCxXWabobashadow_lurker22LordRaymond3B_Dizzle_01VoltolosKing_GarfYehman27FhfjghhggggjfhfjgpeasantSidDDragonẞlооd 29 votes
Domino
33%
NinjaWarrior99Star_Lord_dougyfcJyotishkaJerryGoldsnakercm2017Kobster84TJ107Denslo500TheSquish671RockypantherxThe_Watcheraro824Narwhal52xJona305Kobikobs[Deleted User]Progamer107HamoBlamo51 19 votes
Archangel
14%
HeadrollerPete4ever_khanDom_14ddomBradMercerEvisceratorGoldmaster15iTricKd 8 votes

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Omega Red
    Domino's damage comes mostly from bleeds and is slightly hampered by immunes but not alot. Her crit damage is still impressive. Same goes for AA, decent against immunes but ace against everyone else, but both lack the substaniabillity of OR, which spore damage (degen) can't any enemy be immune too, and has a wicked Regen(of sorts factor). Personally I say
    1. OR
    2. Domino (due to crit damage)
    3. AA
  • SevSynSevSyn Posts: 72
    Very insightful points, thank you @Terra !!!

At Rank 4, I couldn't get much of a handle of Omega Red's playstyle to put him anywhere near as effective as Domino at Rank 4... but Rank 5, a combination of unavoidable damage and sustainability is more realistically useful and dependable.
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    sabretooth
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Omega Red
    Mags and Colossus are so much better lol
  • King_GarfKing_Garf Posts: 48
    Omega Red
    Reason why I chose omega is because of how useful he is for several different matchups. Take korg for example, omega destroys korg while no other champ is nearly as great for countering him. Only real downside for omega is that you need suicides and you can argue that he needs synergies but he really doesn’t to be played really well. As for domino, like someone previously said she gets a lot of her damage from the bleeds and incinerates which she needs the red hulk synergy for. Domino is more useful in LoL which you stated you have only done an initial clear but there are plenty champs that do very well in LoL besides domino such as AA which works fine for LoL. AA will always have value as if you can bleed and poison the opponent then AA will do great. But it’s because of needing that, he isn’t worth r5 to me. Overall omega is the best choice because of his utility and because of how he is the most versatile among the 3. But you really can’t go wrong with any of the 3 champs you are trying to decide between
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Sabretooth
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Domino
    Domino (when the RNG is right) deals massive damage and can take massive damage.

Archangel is a glass cannon
    Omega Red is more complicated, in order to max damage.
    @Denslo500

In what way is Domino able to take massive damage?
    I may be overlooking a mechanic of her lucky/unlucky.

I know her lucky-evade comes in handy occasionally
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    Omega Red
    When lucky Domino can shrug off debuffs. Bleed is one she can shrug off while lucky. Her health pool isn't bad either
    Ahh, thank you! I never realized she had a conditional shrug-off mechanic, like Captain America Infinity War