**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ Miniboss Fight Timed Out During sp3 Animation

Yesterday I was fighting the map 5 Morninstar miniboss, using my r4 5* Ghost Rider. She was at 1% health, with about 4 seconds left on the timer. I didn't want to chance a time-out by waiting for another opening because I was at full health. So, I threw my sp3. In the middle of the animation, the "Time Out" message appeared. At the end of the animation (since GR's sp3 only does one hit at the end) her hp bar dropped from 1% down to 0% and the K.O. message appeared. However, when the map came back up, I was at half health, and Morningstar showed about 700 hp left.

I swear we used to be able to do sp3s at the end of the fight timers and have them count. Is this now a bug? Or is this how the game is supposed to function now? Really annoyed by this.

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Sounds strange. What you're describing used to work and would count as a K.O. against the boss with no penalty to the player.

I know they updated the game a bit so that attacks after the Time Out notification wouldn't inflict damage (previously, your champ would freeze after the time expired while the enemy could get in 2-3 more hits, often killing your champ.) Perhaps this update is having an unintended interaction with L3's launched as the timer expires.
  • rafius_kantunrafius_kantun Posts: 30
    I have repeated this twice throughout this aq week, just to verify it. This is a problem. Please fix it, Kabam.
  • BuffalaxBuffalax Posts: 106
    I ran into the same thing last week with Ultron vs Morningstar. Her health was already at 0% during the animation before time got to 0
    Now that Morningstar is the map 5 miniboss again, I was able to get video footage of this bug. I triggered special 3 before the timer ran out. You can see that she is at 33% health at the start of the animation, the timer runs out mid-animation, then she drops to 30% health at the end. When I go back into the fight, she is back to 33% health.

Obviously for this instance, the sp3 wouldn't have finished her off, but it still costs expensive alliance health potions to get back on track. I just want to know if this is how the game is intended to function from here on out, or if this is considered a bug?

https://youtu.be/DaFClFrRfyA
    According to the version 21.3 update notes:
    "- Summoners will no longer continue to take damage when a match timer expires"

I know that was intended to fix a different bug that was going on at the time, but that fix inadvertently took away our ability to close out a fight with a special 3 animation, potentially getting the KO on our opponent in the process.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
  • Hey there, the team is taking a look into this. Once we have more info to share we'll pass it along here.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    This just happened to me against OR in map7 just a minute ago. Fired sp3 he was 19%, when sp3 animation finished he was down to 3%. After that I went in to fight again thinking meh 3%, any champ can get that, but surprise! he was back to 19% and i lost my other 🤦‍♂️