**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I don't get Blade

As the title implies, I don't get what's so great about Blade. I've been playing MCOC for three years, so I'm not necessarily new to the game. But with most god-tier champions I have (Corvus, Void, Iceman, Domino, etc), it's really obvious why they're good.

Blade is a different story. While it may be because I only have him as a three star (all 4+ for the ones above), I don't understand what makes him good, and frankly, he seems super overrated. Bleed on block doesn't seem to be anything crazily special, so it seems like it's down to his Danger Sense, regen, and maybe power gain.

So why is Blade good? And, whichever of his abilities makes him great, why is it so much better than anyone else's? Or is Blade being surpassed by other characters that are similar to him, at least in the current game meta?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I don't really know the answer either. I have found that he is overrated and I do have a 4* version of him.
    All that being said, his synergy with Ghost Rider is awesome. I will give him that.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Without Danger Sense: high average character. Good damage. Shrugs debuffs. Heals. Bleeds.
    With Danger Sense: Massive damage and good ability accuracy reduction for a small pool of opponents.
    Trinity and Danger Sense: Strong Ability Accuracy reduction (turns off nodes in RttL), Danger Sense pool is huge. Damages like a champ at least 1 rank higher.
  • ThreeFloydThreeFloyd Posts: 68
    edited April 2019

Blade is the best skill champ in the game. He cheat-coded me through so much stuff. However, Ghostrider is what puts him over the top.

With full power he shrugs off nearly everything, he has unlimited regen if you are gaining power....and if the opponent is bleeding you are gaining insane amounts of power. Not only that, but with the right synergies to provide Danger Sense, he literally shuts off half the game and smashes.

I beat Uncollected Hela this month by just parrying with Blade.

I have 1 thing to say:
    Ægon
    As good as Ægon is, he doesn't have any way to regen health, no immunities (same with Blade, but can shrug), and he isn't OP until around combo 100 or so. So his usefulness really only comes into play in events like ROL/LOL. Albeit he excels at those. Blade is useful and excels everywhere and especially where there are mystics/villains which is most places.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    I’m the same way with blade. Rarely use him. Even with the trinity. I’ve had more use with voodoo and LC than blade any day.
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Blade is awesome, and when he first came out he was easily one of the best in game. He has definitely dropped down from top 5 with all the new powerful champs, but is still pretty good. Basically what makes him good for me is that as long as the opponent bleeds, the sp1 cycle does so much damage and you can get so many sp1 within a fight. I've gotton like 3 done within 10 seconds. Plus with his regen and danger sense, he's still top 15 I'd say
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Blade's regen is insane and its amazing for questing, AW, AQ and even for content like LoL and will save you alot of potions.
    His Danger Sense gives bonus attack and is a great way to shut down annoying abilities of champions classed as dimensional beings and with synergies also Villians and Mystic champions. This includes shutting down Magics Limbo, Stopping unstoppable on Juggs.
    Has immunities to debuffs based on power bar so at full power he can literally shake of debuffs as soon as they apply.
    The power gain he gets on bleeding champions is great and means he can throw more specials, can fill up his power quicker to shrug off debuffs and also regen alot of health very quickly.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    If you don't get why massive damage and massive regeneration are good things, then I can't help you.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

Blade is the best skill champ in the game. He cheat-coded me through so much stuff. However, Ghostrider is what puts him over the top.

With full power he shrugs off nearly everything, he has unlimited regen if you are gaining power....and if the opponent is bleeding you are gaining insane amounts of power. Not only that, but with the right synergies to provide Danger Sense, he literally shuts off half the game and smashes.

I beat Uncollected Hela this month by just parrying with Blade.

I have 1 thing to say:
    Ægon
    Perhaps for LOL or deeper Act 6 stuff, but Ægon is not as good as Blade for monthly EQ, Act 5, AW, AQ, or stuff like special/celeb challenges. And Blade still smashes a ton of 6.1.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Get a hand on 5 star blade and then test him out and then come again to answer in your own thread. Maybe that will help you understand him better. You can't simply understand a champ when you don't have them.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Eh. I don't really like blade. I think he is a bit overrated.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

Eh. I don't really like blade. I think he is a bit overrated.

Overrated analytically, or simply because you don’t like him?
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Its exactly as you said OP, Regen that you can use on command provided you have power means that you can potentially save on revives by playing well and healing yourself.

Power gain on bleeds also means you can spam sp2 more often, which has insane crit damage and can cause more bleeds which in turn let you get an sp2 back again sooner, it also provides you more fuel for regen if you need it.

Bleed on parry is also useful in specific matchups like against human torch where you can immediately reduce any incinerated caused on you by human torch just by parrying and not needing to rely on rng to get bleeds to reduce human torch incinerate timer.

Not to mention that danger sense both reduces ability accuracy as well as gives more attack power, and when combined with ghost rider that expands to more targets. So its specifically for the reasons you already mentioned that Blade is considered God tier.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I have Blade as a 4 star, and he's extremely helpful against many different champions. Even against people that he has no real upper-hand against, you still have his regen, bleed, and power gain that makes him OP. You have to know how to play him, but it is very easy to get a pretty much unlimited special 1 with the bleed power gain.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Arsoz said:

I agree he isnt that good anymore besides his regen and some other things

Well, he's not that bad. I would have him over 65% of the skill champion pool.
  • daKrackendaKracken Posts: 18
    It’s a different meta than it used to be. The top trouble defender champs when blade dropped were magik, modok, mephisto, dormammu, mordo, electro, killmonger, juggernaut, void, night crawler, Spider-Man, and Hyperion. Outside of the last 3 blade with danger sense runs through all the abilities that made them difficult. Add to that some of the best regen in the game and you really could get through most content with little trouble. The meta has shifted and there are more hero’s and mercs that blade doesn’t do well against. I still use my r5 sig 200 with gr almost every war though.his damage compared to newer champs (even in with danger sense) isn’t that amazing, but they way he just shuts down any villian or mystic is still almost unparalleled. Also don’t underrate the parry bleed, if you are patient enough you can parry bleed-powergain yourself to an l2 before you even land a punch. I find that useful from time to time still.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

why
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

why
    If i made a new thread people will tell me there have been multiple of the same topic so i searched instead
    Not if it's a year old thread, definitely do a quick search before making a new thread for any Similar and Recent ones, but don't go reviving ancient threads that are outdated due to the constant changes the game goes through.
  • ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★

Bleed=Power=Regen=Unlimited power

I honestly don't care for him either. I like my venom. Probably gonna rank 5 him as a 5* soon

How about a rank 2 or rank 3 6 star venom
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I don’t get the hype around him either, he’s he has strong regen and is a great option for matchups like magik and mephisto, but outside of that he is fairly reliant on the gr synergy, and I also don’t get why people like gr, he has regen, so does blade, which mitigates the need for it, and his other kit doesn’t have the uptime required, he’s a good champ but I find him quite overrated personally, same with gr