**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Rank 5 mutant or science?

I have enough tier 4 science and mutant catalysts to rank up a champ in each class. I Can only do one right now as I just have 5 tier 4 basic catalysts.

For mutant it is a toss up between
  • Wolverine sig 34
  • Rogue sig 33
  • Iceman unawakened (but have a 4 star generic awakening gem)
  • Hope for archangel in the arenas soon

For science it is
  • Cap ww2 sig 20
  • Quake sig 50
  • Cap of sig 20
  • Hulk unawakened (but have the 4 star generic)

Probability a toss up between wolverine, cap ww2 and quake. I love wolverine's regen. I just got cap ww2 so I'm still uncertain if I like him more than quake. I find quake fun to play but it is easy to slip up with her, so probably not as reliable as cap ww2 or even cap og. I'm not in a hurry to use the awakening gem but it is an option.

Suggestions?

P.S have vodoo and Gwenpool at rank 5 already...

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Iceman. Use the Gem.
  • Angelfire_TNORAngelfire_TNOR Posts: 64
    edited August 2017
    How much faster does iceman ice armour reform awakened?
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Iceman gets 3s reduction in cooldown time plus coldsnap right at the start. Wolvie is already great and can run paths in Map 5 as a 440 np. Love Rogue too but soooo squishy. Ice is unstoppable in AW attack. I might say use the gem on him but he is also coming in arena in 2 months if you can wait to awaken him. My 5* is r4 and I absolutely love him.

I went with Quake and wish I hadn't. She is fun to play but hard to sustain in the long haul to me. ALso AW bosses and maybe some AQ bosses have True Strike which bypasses her auto-evade. I think WW2 does more damage and is tougher and more forgiving to play, he's just a standard brawler with no special feautures. Lots of people run him in AW.
  • Angelfire_TNORAngelfire_TNOR Posts: 64
    BuckeyeKP wrote: »
    Iceman gets 3s reduction in cooldown time plus coldsnap right at the start. Wolvie is already great and can run paths in Map 5 as a 440 np. Love Rogue too but soooo squishy. Ice is unstoppable in AW attack. I might say use the gem on him but he is also coming in arena in 2 months if you can wait to awaken him. My 5* is r4 and I absolutely love him.

I went with Quake and wish I hadn't. She is fun to play but hard to sustain in the long haul to me. ALso AW bosses and maybe some AQ bosses have True Strike which bypasses her auto-evade. I think WW2 does more damage and is tougher and more forgiving to play, he's just a standard brawler with no special feautures. Lots of people run him in AW.

Yeah I find rouge a bit squishy as well. She works well if you get the crits on the special one but it is not quite a 1 in 3 chance at sig 33 and I suspect it won't get much more that 33% at higher sigs. Her special 2 power steal isn't as good as I'd like for power management unless they are already stunned with 30% power gain reduction...

So really it is a Wolverine vs Iceman on the mutant side. I did most of ROL with Wolverine so I am a bit of a fan of him, but just got Iceman so I don't want to discount him. I've seen him tank Hyperion's special 3 like it was nothing with the amour up, hence my question about refresh time on that. His frostbite is passive so it works on immune champs which is appealing... The one down fall is I usually run the immunity node in AW were coldsnap won't help with the evade prevention, which is part of the appeal.

I'm leaning towards ranking up Cap ww2 first and then seeing how I manage with Iceman in the Basic Arena and/or ArchAngel....