**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

War Machine

Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
I just popped a 4* war machine and was like, oh I completed the get a 4* avenger thing. Then I check, and he isn't an avenger! So is he not an avenger in the comics, or is there something I don't understand here. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    While I will agree he has plenty of time as an Avenger in the comics If you put the avenger tag on every character who has been an avenger in the comics at least half the characters or more would be avengers to include the likes of Cage, Spiderman, wolverine, dr. Strange, shehulk, beast........ well you get the idea.
  • Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

While I will agree he has plenty of time as an Avenger in the comics If you put the avenger tag on every character who has been an avenger in the comics at least half the characters or more would be avengers to include the likes of Cage, Spiderman, wolverine, dr. Strange, shehulk, beast........ well you get the idea.

Ah, true, very good point, it's just to me he seems like a true member of the team, he's considered an "og" of sorts in the movies cause he survived the snap and only ogs survived the snap(besides rocket and nebula) so I assumed he had a tag.
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★

Dtl7714 said:

Ah, true, very good point, it's just to me he seems like a true member of the team, he's considered an "og" of sorts in the movies cause he survived the snap and only ogs survived the snap(besides rocket and nebula) so I assumed he had a tag.
    you are right lol
    Og in the movies? Not in the first avengers, barely in the second. As for in iron man not in the first(at least as war machine, but character was there), in the second hardly as war machine till the end, and hardly any screen time as war machin/IP in third movie.

You actually have a better case from his time in the comics as Rhodes has time as both Iron Man and War machine in the comics.
    Dtl7714 said:

Og in the movies? Not in the first avengers, barely in the second. As for in iron man not in the first(at least as war machine, but character was there), in the second hardly as war machine till the end, and hardly any screen time as war machin/IP in third movie.

You actually have a better case from his time in the comics as Rhodes has time as both Iron Man and War machine in the comics.

Since he was in the FIRST marvel movie I consider him oh even if he wasn't war machine he was still Rhodes.
    Og not oh
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    hes definitely an avenger at this point, should've been updated lol
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    He's in the avenger only crystal you can buy.

Sense made!
    edited April 2019
    If common sense mattered GR wouldnt get burned, Iceman wouldnt get hurt by cold, and sentry could hit harder than Mickey Mouse. But it's a game and common sense goes out the window
  • noynoy Posts: 56
    Kabam themselves consider him an avenger, however, listing him as a possible pull among other avengers in the Avengers Crystal. Doesn't matter if there are non-avengers in that crystal as well, the only ones listed are avengers... And War Machine. If he wasn't an avenger, why mention him and no one else? Oversight on their part.
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    JRock808 said:

Sense made!

NOPE, they gave us a Guardians crystal offer instead because it made more sense.
    Arguing tags with Kabam is pointless. They have stated several times the tags are given final approval from Marvel. Go to Marvel with your tag complaints and arguments.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Shouldn’t have put him in avengers crystal
    TheVyrus said:

JRock808 said:

Sense made!

NOPE, they gave us a Guardians crystal offer instead because it made more sense.
    Sorry, thought you asking if there was an Avenger crystal you could buy.
    TheVyrus said:

TheVyrus said:

JRock808 said:

Sense made!

It's an Appstore exclusive. Google Play gave us guardians of the galaxy crystal...
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Tbh, if War Machine isn't tagged as an Avenger, Falcon shouldn't be either
    noy said:

TheVyrus said:

TheVyrus said:

JRock808 said:

Sense made!

It's an Appstore exclusive. Google Play gave us guardians of the galaxy crystal...
    REALLY? Oh well, their loss I would have bought it, and I am sure others would have too.
    Yea I play on both but my main device is an android. Thought it was odd that they would offer a guardians crystal at the start of avenger-related events. Then saw the Appstore offer and realized how they're just hosing Android users yet once again.