**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Infinite Refresh of CN region Negative Space Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited April 2019

Lainua said:

Yes, basically it’s another type of arena grinding.

Somebody just can’t allow others to get more crystals then them. That’s the definition of meanness.

Please tell me more about the arena that gives several thousand 5* shards a day + that many 6* shards AND T5B and T2A.

Would love this arena !!
    do all the arena millstones in 3 days you will get more 5 star shards and a 5 star champ that's actually useful instead of opening 3 5 starts pulls to get iron fist and ironman classic the t2A is nothing much and t5b is 75 per round after doing 10 you get 750 not game breaking , don't know how this is game breaking when you're not guarantee to pull a good champ.
    I feel really bad that you didn’t get the pulls you wanted while you were cheating. No really I do.....
    unfortunately I have only done like 2 bounty missions since this came about, I just did 100 act 6.1 and just about Finnish with variant also need to 100 % uncollected today so I could care less if someone want to cheat and do 10000 missions a day good for them, just saying ppl complain about nonsense.

Lainua said:

Somebody just can’t allow others to get more crystals then them. That’s the definition of meanness.

Please tell me more about the arena that gives several thousand 5* shards a day + that many 6* shards AND T5B and T2A.

Would love this arena !!
    do all the arena millstones in 3 days you will get more 5 star shards and a 5 star champ that's actually useful instead of opening 3 5 starts pulls to get iron fist and ironman classic the t2A is nothing much and t5b is 75 per round after doing 10 you get 750 not game breaking , don't know how this is game breaking when you're not guarantee to pull a good champ.
    I feel really bad that you didn’t get the pulls you wanted while you were cheating. No really I do.....
    unfortunately I have only done like 2 bounty missions since this game about, I just did 100 act 6.1 and just about Finnish with variant so I could care less if someone want to cheat and do 10000 missions a day good for them, just saying ppl complain about nonsense.

Yeah man people getting 2 free 6 stars and 2 t5b and an extra 25 five stars is nonsense but I’m supposed to give a **** that you pulled Ironfist? If you think it’s nonsense stay out of the thread and make your own to complain about your pulls.
    no need to complain I have just about every champ that's avail in this game nothing to complain about and your math is off 20k 6 star shards is not even possible to get two free 6 starts doing bounty even if you're running 10 per day and 75 t5b per round u would have to do a crazy amount to get 2 full one also not possible even if youre doing 20 per day. would be easier doing variant or act 6.1 which is what I did but even if they did get that it has nothing to do with me so I can careless good for those ppl hope they get a 6 star corvus and domino . but hey carry on this was fun.
  • iFilipowicziFilipowicz Posts: 41

What are you talking about?
    If you do ALL milestones of all 5 arenas and a little more to get the highest shards, you will end this 3 day grind with 2700 5* shards and 200 6* shards.

Have you actually grinded arenas only once?

These people get thousands of 5* shards and much more in a day.
    Even 75 T5B adds up at a point ... dont know where you get they would stop after 10 rounds.

What are you talking about?
    If you do ALL milestones of all 5 arenas and a little more to get the highest shards, you will end this 3 day grind with 2700 5* shards and 200 6* shards.

Have you actually grinded arenas only once?

These people get thousands of 5* shards and much more in a day.
    Even 75 T5B adds up at a point ... dont know where you get they would stop after 10 rounds.
    i guess I misspoke didn't know it was possible to do more than 10 per day I've only done two since I think its pointless but I guess everyone should do it as much as they can then still don't really care but my bad on that
    Verzz said:

Lainua said:

Would love this arena !!
    unfortunately I have only done like 2 bounty missions since this game about, I just did 100 act 6.1 and just about Finnish with variant so I could care less if someone want to cheat and do 10000 missions a day good for them, just saying ppl complain about nonsense.

Yeah man people getting 2 free 6 stars and 2 t5b and an extra 25 five stars is nonsense but I’m supposed to give a **** that you pulled Ironfist? If you think it’s nonsense stay out of the thread and make your own to complain about your pulls.
    no need to complain I have just about every champ that's avail in this game nothing to complain about and your math is off 20k 6 star shards is not even possible to get two free 6 starts doing bounty even if you're running 10 per day and 75 t5b per round u would have to do a crazy amount to get 2 full one also not possible even if youre doing 20 per day. would be easier doing variant or act 6.1 which is what I did but even if they did get that it has nothing to do with me so I can careless good for those ppl hope they get a 6 star corvus and domino . but hey carry on this was fun.
    Apparently guys have been doing 10 per hour

Damn 10 per hour how is that even possible
  • kimkingokimkingo Posts: 37
    xNig said:

Look for my previous post.

2 years back, there was a bug in Masters EQ that granted Exploration Rewards for every path done in Masters AFTER 100% Exploration. By the exploiters’ logic, it was allowed since the game allowed it and they “earned” the rewards because they spent time and energy and refills to run the quests.

Sounds awfully similar?

Regardless of whatever justification is given by the exploiters, it was OBVIOUS that it was bugged and there was a loophole that could be exploited, similar to bypassing the 8 hour timer set to reopen a bounty for each alliance.

People who exploited this had their resources earned removed and accounts temporarily or permanently banned.

It’s pretty simple to catch honestly. Kabam just needs to count how many bounty rewards were issued (maybe through in game mail or quest rewards), and if that number is higher than 1.5-2x the maximum amount that could be legitly achieved (genuine players don’t hop alliances once every 2 days), that player has exploited a loophole and should have all rewards earned removed through an account rollback.

Cheers.

(P.S. Suggestion to Kabam. Should there be future events like these that depend on players to trigger a quest to earn rewards, the quest announcement can probably state the “maximum” amount of rewards allowed with a slight variance of 5-10% thereabouts. This makes it so that even if any loophole is found by the playerbase, exploiting it will mean a full clawback of all rewards earned from the event and should act as a strong enough deterrent from exploitation.)

agree

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Yes, this is not just simple farming. This is using a game mode designed in a very specific way, to exploit many more Resources than it was intended for. There is NO game mode that will allow you to earn a 5* a day...2 of them....3 of them.....on top of that amount of 6* Shards, Frags, and other Resources. People knew it was not allowed. The fact that they claim to be innocent is boggling to me.
  • kimkingokimkingo Posts: 37

@xNig I distinctly remember the aforementioned exploit in Master EQ back in 2017. I also remember one of my then Alliance mates doing it, and catching a week ban for participation in the exploit. I told him it would backfire, and it did. Plain and simple, this is no different in that respect. So agreed, it's an exploit, period. Doesn't matter if it's possible... at all. This is being done with intent, and it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

They've made it crystal clear that such behavior will not be tolerated. All we need now is confirmation from a mod that something will be done. After that, it's a wrap. Players that did it to an extreme degree will get their rewards pulled, and possibly get banned. Those that gained a negligible amount MAY get the little extras taken, or perhaps they'll be left alone as a quick Alliance swap and it happening once as a result is hardly grounds for action IMO.

Truth is, as long as you're playing fair, you haven't a thing to worry about. Those that purposefully bent the rules in their favor and banked hard off of it, will likely get dealt with. What gets done to them as a result is at the discretion of Kabam. Hopefully they make another solid statement as this is clearly out of control. There's absolutely no justification for this. None. 0. Nada. To say otherwise is only adding to the problem.

I do understand what those were trying to say in regards to Kabam placing better guards up to prevent this type of exploitation from occurring in the 1st place. Some people have no self control and will do anything to get ahead out there. Knowing full well that it's wrong won't stop them. Sort of saving people from themselves in that respect. Honestly though, they really shouldn't have to do such. It's sad that people can't just compete with honor and dignity.

Fact remains, it's gonna happen of you give them the opportunity. Regardless of the fact it was a possibility, and this being overlooked... in the end it falls directly upon those who knowingly did it. Game data doesn't lie. You might land a couple bunk Alliances in a row. It happens. But swapping up to 10× per hour, and continually doing this day after day is WELL MORE THAN ENOUGH to claim intent. Again, to say otherwise is asinine and only adds to the problem. Last I checked, the majority of the playerbase wasn't 5 years old. They know what they're doing. Claiming ignorance is not an option in a situation such as this.

But kabam has yet to take action, and many players continue to exploit the vulnerability day and night
    Oh, I don't think they're turning their heads. If Miike popped in to say they're discussing it, they're on it.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Are we ever gonna get a reply?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Are we ever gonna get a reply?

We did get a reply. Let kabam take their time and do whatever they feel is right. They have the data to look at.
  • WeejustWeejust Posts: 3
    If it’s a bug that is unacceptable I think Kabam would have fixed it as fast as they can like all previous bugs, why bother to let players exploit for so long.
  • athosathos Posts: 8
    so it's not a bug?we can refresh it as many as possible?
    Is it a bug? No one said that it was or wasn't. I would call it an exploit.
    Not the same at all. If people were jumping Allies to farm much more than was intended from the Event, I have very little doubt that they will look at that data because with the numbers we're talking about here, that wasn't the intended goal for it. Not by far. People doing 10, 20, even 30 a day of these, good luck keeping those Rewards.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Lainua said:

Not the same at all. If people were jumping Allies to farm much more than was intended from the Event, I have very little doubt that they will look at that data because with the numbers we're talking about here, that wasn't the intended goal for it. Not by far. People doing 10, 20, even 30 a day of these, good luck keeping those Rewards.

Everyone got the same number of Animatter crystals which only allows you to play limited number of times. I run out of crystals myself while pretty sure that you still have many to play 5 more days.

It evens out in the end. We get the same rewards anyway.

Get over it.
    Continue lying to yourself.
  • wskyeungwskyeung Posts: 37
    As stated, I knew some of them can obtain 2 to 3 five star champs in one day. Not to count alpha 2 ....etc.
    @Kabam Miike please let us know what is the solution?
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    edited April 2019
    I have over 100 of the Antimatter in my inventory and we have activated bounties every 8 hours.
  • iFilipowicziFilipowicz Posts: 41
    Why is it so hard for kabam to get a statement out if this will be tolerated ??!

Would be nice to know before the event ends, so everyone could decide if they want to sacrifice one round of aq or so.
    Because potential gain with this is HUGE.

For me it would be 100% clear that this is an exploit.
    But in the end, kabams decisions arent relatable a lot of times.
  • athosathos Posts: 8
    Kabam’ silence means tolerance ?
This discussion has been closed.