**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MODOK’s Guaranteed Crit is gone!

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
edited April 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Every 7th attack MODOK makes is supposed to hit critically but since the last update this no longer happens. It’s as if the game no longer keeps track of this game mechanic.

This is a big problem for his damage output and play style; MODOK is meant to keep track of his attacks and, every 7th, attempt to land a Heavy or Special for big damage. He also has a synergy with Ultron that changes it to every 5th which is easier to keep track of and increases his damage even further.

Unfortunately this synergy isn’t working as the game isn’t “counting” MODOK’s guaranteed critical attacks anymore.

Please restore it to its original functionality.

Comments

• Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    This was very interesting. I will try with my favorite champ MODOK immediately!
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    This has a significant impact on Variant 2
  • Hey My_Superior, thanks for taking the time to share your concerns about a potential issue with Modok's attacks. If possible, could you please provide the information outlined in our Bug Report Template?
  • Hey there, thanks for the info, we've passed it along to the rest of the team.
  • So it's been over a month and he's still broken. He's my main quest champs and that crit output is how I have tailored my fighting style with him. Really screws his damage output. ANY update?
  • Hey there, we're pushing out a fix that should resolve this issue. If possible, please give it a few minutes to go out and consider restarting your game.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi,

Would you be able to capture a video to share? From our testing it seems to be working so it would be helpful to have a bit more information.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    He's only meant to Crit every 7th Hit as per the description.
    Similar to the issue with Ultron that was causing his counter not to reset after 5.
    Description says every 7th Hit is a Guaranteed Crit. Not every Hit after 7.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

Which is fine, the description hasn't changed. but the effect has. Clarification of which was it is supposed to work would be nice. even if it is intended as it is now.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Donnymeij said:

From the description the way he works now seems to be correct. I do hate silent changes thou.

It appears that his description has been changed. His in-game description no longer matches his champion spotlight.
    Thanks for the video. We'll look into this.

If you take a look at MODOK's champion spotlight, you'll see that the description explicitly states what the OP is saying:

Every 7th attack is guaranteed to be Critical, but Critical Rating is ignored. If a Special or Heavy Attack is the 7th hit, then all hit events for that attack are Critical. The Singularity Synergy with Ultron reduces this to every 5th hit.

The OP appears to be correct. This is a bug that should be fixed. I used this technique all the time. It's a big source of MODOK's damage.
    I'm just going on what the Bio said. I didn't read the Spotlight. Now I get it.

Thanks for the video. We'll look into this.

Any update on this? Normally I'd assume that this was just an unintended interaction, but since the wording was also removed from the description at the same time, this seems like a deliberate nerf to the character.

We hope to have this issue fixed in the next update.

We hope to have this issue fixed in the next update.

Any chance we can get this issue added to the "Known Issues" thread?

... A few more days and I can clear my last two paths of Labyrinth. Just need MODOK’s Crit Damage back and Im good to go. Here’s hoping he’s ready.🤞

It looks like you'll have to keep waiting. Looking at the latest changelog, I don't see a mention of this bug getting fixed. :(

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11/marvel-contest-of-champions-changelog#latest

• ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Posts: 139
    I hope the mods haven't forgotten about this... I'm still waiting for this to be dealt with
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay. This is resolved in the 24.0 update!