**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

RnG?

AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
So are the crystals really based on RnG?
Don't think so
Reason:
-> It's almost like the game knows what we want and thus decides to give just the opposite (example of today- needed just about 24 units for another FGMC, opened about 40 arena crystals, guess what? The entire haul was nothing but gold, on the other hand, when I was low on gold and needed it, the arena crystals suddenly seemed to be wanting to give nothing but units, Bugged?

-> Opened a lesser solo crystal- 2* tech awakening gem
Opened a 3* sig stone- tech
Opened a 4* sig stone- tech
Opened a 5* sig stone-tech
Bugged?

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Don't think so
    Reason:
    -> It's almost like the game knows what we want and thus decides to give just the opposite (example of today- needed just about 24 units for another FGMC, opened about 40 arena crystals, guess what? The entire haul was nothing but gold, on the other hand, when I was low on gold and needed it, the arena crystals suddenly seemed to be wanting to give nothing but units, Bugged?

Bugged?

they have said it is a weighted RNG system. The system does know and take into account what you have for the weights, but from there it is random.. But even still with what you described is still in the realm of random.
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Don't think so
    Reason:

Bugged?

they have said it is a weighted RNG system. The system does know and take into account what you have for the weights, but from there it is random.. But even still with what you described is still in the realm of random.
    How's that fair by any means?
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    Lormif said:

Don't think so
    Reason:

Bugged?

Where did they say that?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

Don't think so
    Reason:

Bugged?

Flip a coin 5 times. If you get heads 3 times in a row, that's still random. Just because you get the same class a bunch, doesn't mean its not random.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Don't think so
    Reason:

Bugged?

I don't remember them ever saying that.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Don't think so
    Reason:

Bugged?

I am almost certain they’ve never said the system is weighted.

It is pRNG, which emulates randomness. There may be issues with the implementation (such as seed refresh frequency), but I’m confident it works like most pRNG systems in mobile gaming that don’t weight outcomes.

Dr. Zola
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    or you bust you butt and grind for a 4* SS and get him rank him up ...then next 5* crystal you pop a 5* SS you got Kabammmmed!! Totally random lol ....still love my Symbiote Supreme!
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    There was a post many years ago that the crystals take in, or are able to take into account what you already have. I am not talking about the hero crystals. But it could have been something else.
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    There was a post regarding a patent that kabam held but holding a patent means nothing. Party line has always been crystals are purely RNG and weighted the same for everyone.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    It always amuses me when RNG posts are made. Why? Because people always claim rigged/bugged/not true RNG when they get something they don't want/need. But never the flip side of things when they get the champ they want or the AG they want.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Lainua said:

For example I think they have designed a system that recognizes what do you have already and there is higher chance that the system will reward you the same thing. Or a thing that you just can’t use. Got an unduped mutant champ? So it will give you an awakening gem for tech class. Needs 1 more mutant, tech, cosmic, skill or mystic tier 4 class catalyst? Anything but science. Then here you go, a science class catalyst.

It’s designed as such. And easy to do so.

This isn't true. Drops are random and are not affected by what you have in your inventory already.
This discussion has been closed.