**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How good is yellowjacket

TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
I just got a 5 star yellowjacket. Is he any good?

Comments

• Options
    and isnt he more tech than science since he only shrinks during is sp3?
    they should make both him and antman shrink more
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I'd say he is average, needs the dupe to be an ok defender. Depends on your progression in game, as a first 5 star he isn't too bad but I'm guessing he isn't.
  • Options
    taojay1 wrote: »
    I'd say he is average, needs the dupe to be an ok defender. Depends on your progression in game, as a first 5 star he isn't too bad but I'm guessing he isn't.

ya hes my 6th
  • Options

how would u rank my current 5 stars?
    Old man logan, dormammu, moonknight, iron fist, beast, yellowjacket
  • Options
    XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    I use him as a boss killer in AQ. Works really nice for me.
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★

@TheHoodedDormammu Are any duped? Dormammu is definitely number 1, especially if he is duped. But if beast is duped he is your best attacker, he's got bleed, regen, stun, and a passive power lock, plus bleed/crit resistance. Moon knight and old man logan aren't bad either, just not god tiers. I rly like moon knight bc his pole gives him long reach for intercepting and he has an op stun chain at certain times, but you can't chain into special attacks with him. OML isn't awesome but permanent regen and bleed resistance can be handy. Finally, iron fist is kinda useless, especially unduped, and yj is ok but nothing really special except for his built in recoil. So overall, assuming all are unduped, I would say dorm, beast, moon knight, oml, yj, iron fist
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I’ve only used him in the 3* arenas as that was the only version I had at the time. I do have a 5* version but he is not awakened.

IMHO, Yellowjacket is okay. Decent and an acceptable substitute if you don’t have Quake or some of the other desirable science champions.
  • Options
    Danicb94Danicb94 Posts: 97

Well, definitely YJ is not a good pull, i would only rank him to r3 if i had Science t4c expiring, imo he's your worst 5* Champion
  • Options
    JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    My alliance is Gold 1 right now and one of our guys has a duped 5 star YJ...he seems to get 6 to 8 kills every war on the unblockable sp1 node. He can definitely be an annoying defender.
  • Options

@TheHoodedDormammu Are any duped? Dormammu is definitely number 1, especially if he is duped. But if beast is duped he is your best attacker, he's got bleed, regen, stun, and a passive power lock, plus bleed/crit resistance. Moon knight and old man logan aren't bad either, just not god tiers. I rly like moon knight bc his pole gives him long reach for intercepting and he has an op stun chain at certain times, but you can't chain into special attacks with him. OML isn't awesome but permanent regen and bleed resistance can be handy. Finally, iron fist is kinda useless, especially unduped, and yj is ok but nothing really special except for his built in recoil. So overall, assuming all are unduped, I would say dorm, beast, moon knight, oml, yj, iron fist

none are duped
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5 wrote: »
    I’ve only used him in the 3* arenas as that was the only version I had at the time. I do have a 5* version but he is not awakened.

IMHO, Yellowjacket is okay. Decent and an acceptable substitute if you don’t have Quake or some of the other desirable science champions.

i have a 4 star quake at rank 4 level 40 unduped
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    He's pretty good for offense and can be really annoying defender depending on where he's placed.

Has good crits, and can stun them when his stings is expired and it's fun watching them use their specials and then fall over dead.

That being said he's average tier champion, not the best and certainly not the worst champion or 5*.

It really depends on your build and roster and where you are in the and probably not past rank 3 either.
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    Of your roster: Dorm and YJ are your best characters.

YJ has great damage of his biosting (that also bypass any immunity node) and large HP. He's not anywhere the best of his class, but he's OK.
  • Options
    Yeah he’s a decent champ but u need to dupe him for him to become better
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    He's ok. Spam sp1 and get those charges.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    JC_ said:

My alliance is Gold 1 right now and one of our guys has a duped 5 star YJ...he seems to get 6 to 8 kills every war on the unblockable sp1 node. He can definitely be an annoying defender.

That’s rich. I’d love to see that.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Yj is trash