**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/810845/#Comment_810845

They address it here, after the 23.0 release on the 24th, they'll release another smaller patch a couple of days after with the other fixes.

In other words "Yeah it's a problem but it affects players and not us so it's ok to just leave it as is for weeks instead of fixing it right away"

That's insulting and completely unacceptable. This has legitimately caused people to use lots of resources and yet they just slow play it because it's beneficial to them. It could be fixed right away but they're choosing not to. That's a slap in the face to the player base.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★

Draenath said:

You can not start the AW season with the game like this - this is ridiculous!!!!

Just fought a node and twice the AI threw specials while blocking! There better be some mean compensation for this!

I would love compensation because It cost units or energy because you have to start over or other rewards but I just honestly want the game to be fixed. 3 people quit in my alliance. I just got OR and Medusa plus I'm about to get my first rank 5 5* so I want to keep playing but all is these bugs are stressful and makes me put the game down for a break. Soon it might be a permanent break.
    I feel the same way. I will be taking my 5* Venom to R5 probably today and will consider that my highlight of the game. Mission accomplished. I am also looking at Avengers End Game as just that "End Game".

I have loved this game for 4 years now but it has become apparent that Kabam has grown way too much and everything they do is based on increasing their profit margin. I understand it is a business and they are there to make money but these types of changes are insult to injury. If we buy an offer, that is our choice. But when people have to buy credits to complete content when they have enough skill and ranked up champs, then this is just money grab. The whole purpose of ranking up is to complete the harder content.

I feel that this is a planned change so we will not receive any compensation. Remember when we all received a 5* Hero Crystal just before this last update. Well it is more than a coincidence. They knew then what they were doing.

For now, I suggest that you do not hit a blocking champ more than twice. You can pretty much say goodbye to Massacre's abilities.

????
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    yeah i don't like the wording of that.

It implies that it will still happen but less often.

@Kabam Miike any clarification on it ?
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    edited April 2019
    Here is video proof
    https://youtu.be/-vxuAscymdk
    During this fight AI also dex out while I was hitting their block (this wasn’t recorded)
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    This bug is a gold mine for them. Not shocked there is no hurry on fixing it
    Yeah updated the game and still had this happen. For something so significant its really disappointing that this still hasn't been resolved. Like i said it seems like the wording "improved on the situation" implies they don't intent to fix this so it doesn't happen but that it will happen less often.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    Wasn't it supposed to be fixed? What does it mean, "improved the situation". We need a fix.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    @Kabam Miike we need some clarification here on what this ‘improved situation’ comment means.

Very simply Has the bug been fixed or not?
  • ZarakikZarakik Posts: 178
    Same issue got hit with special attack after hitting block of Green Goblin and gave KO in war, this game has so much bugs at the moment that it's bonkers, never been like this in 4 years of playing, can't launch SP3 as there is a risk of champ dashing forward on it's own (got wrecked few times thanks to this bug), can't hit into block as there is a risk of getting special attack in you're face, can't punish special attacks, also parry's sometimes doesn't register you feel that it's 100 percent parry. I even consider to give up this game as it's lately not about skill, but how to overcome game bugs
    War starts in a week. This needs to be fixed ASAP. Getting blasted with a special while hitting into their block is not how this game is supposed to function. If this is the new normal then be upfront with us.
  • If you are still seeing this, please ensure that you have updated to the newest version of the game (23.0.1). As for the wording in the Release Notes, that is because this has always technically been possible, but has always been a rare occurrence that can happen when the Attacker slows down while attacking into the Defenders block. It's also what allows players to do things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L87I7mAYi8

Completely "fixing" this would make techniques like this no longer function.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

If you are still seeing this, please ensure that you have updated to the newest version of the game (23.0.1). As for the wording in the Release Notes, that is because this has always technically been possible, but has always been a rare occurrence that can happen when the Attacker slows down while attacking into the Defenders block. It's also what allows players to do things like this:

If it was a rare occurrence before, and now, it is very common, doesn't that mean that it is still broken?

edited April 2019

If you are still seeing this, please ensure that you have updated to the newest version of the game (23.0.1). As for the wording in the Release Notes, that is because this has always technically been possible, but has always been a rare occurrence that can happen when the Attacker slows down while attacking into the Defenders block. It's also what allows players to do things like this:

The AI was NEVER able to launch a special attack WHILE we were hitting into their block in normal circumstances. The only times they could was when they had unstoppable but that's obvious. This problem that were having now just started happening within the last month so changes were definitely made. And were hitting into the AI with regular speed we're not slowing down, and it still happens.
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    Again - fix it completely

This should not be happening.

https://youtu.be/KJArim_tllg

I’ve seen several other reports about this along with other examples, but it’s not on the bug list.

Why?

^This is not normal and never was.
    Honestly, since when did the AI launch specials while we're hitting into their block with normal regular speed? Never! Ever! This issue popped up in the last several weeks so something was definitely changed. The community needs transparency and honesty here. If your plan is to have this bug be a regular feature in the game now then just tell us. FYI this was never a normal game mechanic.
  • Mr_KonmanMr_Konman Posts: 16

I prefer Kabam completely fix the issue and not use technique. This makes it nearly impossible to switch NC. I had to force quit and lose half my health because NC blasted me with a special when i was trying to switch him in AQ.
    That technique has nothing to do with what's happening because we're still getting hit with special during regular speed hits into their block. Something was changed and it's a huge disadvantage to players because this was never a normal game mechanic.

Miike, you're wrong on this one. Tell the game team to fix this entirely.
    I said it once and I will say it again. Since I have been playing this game, there has been consistent changes to the way the AI will play. We have all called it bugs but in all reality, it is by design. I have stated this earlier in this thread and now we have confirmation of these types of changes.

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

That technique has nothing to do with what's happening because we're still getting hit with special during regular speed hits into their block. Something was changed and it's a huge disadvantage to players because this was never a normal game mechanic.

They are definitely related, as it is the same function that allows this to happen. I have raised this to the team again, but until I can get some areas in which this is happening still, we can't narrow it down.
    I can understand the ai throwing specials while trying to do the block break where you hit into their block very slow but not while your hitting full speed into the block

They are definitely related, as it is the same function that allows this to happen. I have raised this to the team again, but until I can get some areas in which this is happening still, we can't narrow it down.
    The timing of something must have been changed either intentionally or by accident because it has never been the case where if we hit into AIs block at regular speed (as shown in the videos in this thread) the AI can suddenly launch a special.

Please have them fix this issue because this is gamebreaking, a giant disadvantage to players, and a quite frankly a game mechanic that has never existed prior to this month.
  • That technique has nothing to do with what's happening because we're still getting hit with special during regular speed hits into their block. Something was changed and it's a huge disadvantage to players because this was never a normal game mechanic.

The timing of something must have been changed either intentionally or by accident because it has never been the case where if we hit into AIs block at regular speed (as shown in the videos in this thread) the AI can suddenly launch a special.

Please have them fix this issue because this is gamebreaking, a giant disadvantage to players, and a quite frankly a game mechanic that has never existed prior to this month.
    The last video posted was from before the Hotfix going live. That release included the fix for this issue, so if it's still happening after that, it would greatly help to know when and where it occurred, including which champions were defending and attacking.

The last video posted was from before the Hotfix going live. That release included the fix for this issue, so if it's still happening after that, it would greatly help to know when and where it occurred, including which champions were defending and attacking.
    Thanks, I'll try to get a new one up shortly.
    The last time this bug happened was yesterday AFTER I downloaded the update.

Right now I tried recreating the problem and so far it's working fine. Let's hope something got fixed.

If anyone is still experiencing this problem after updating the game please post video of it here.
    Toukolou said:

The last time this bug happened was yesterday AFTER I downloaded the update.

Right now I tried recreating the problem and so far it's working fine. Let's hope something got fixed.

If anyone is still experiencing this problem after updating the game please post video of it here.

Thing is, it obviously doesn't happen all the time, so it is difficult to recreate or catch on video, unless you record every fight. Point is, it is still being reported and is effecting the play. This is especially true in aw/aq/epic quests, where 1 combo can pretty much ko you.
    Ya, I only tested 10 rounds of arena or so and if others are still saying it's happening after they've updated the app I believe them.
    @Kabam Miike

maybe this will help the two times this happened since the update was using omega red and i was fighting Human Torch in the Missions event.

Perhaps it relates to projectiles hits causing the AI to be able to think its able to throw a special.

This discussion has been closed.