**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

SENTINEL'S SP1 IS NO LONGER PUNISHABLE [Merged Threads]

Comments

• CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    Would appreciate a mod updating us in this
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Alright everybody, we're still looking into this. As it stands, his attack has been changed to be exactly as it was before. His Special has always been extremely difficult to punish, and is meant to be that way, but it was always possible with the most precise of timing.

We will continue to look into this.

I'd disagree with the bolded part above. There was nothing particularly difficult about his punishing his L1 to begin with and the fact that he's littered throughout AQ and is the final boss for 6.1 means we all got a LOT of practice doing it. In fact, most would say they try to bait out the L1 BECAUSE it was so easily punished. I know that's my tactic when fighting a stun immune Sentinel.

There are much tougher L1's to punish in this game. To call Sentinel's L1's "extremely difficult to punish" when you've got champs like Punisher 2099 and Green Goblin in the game is overselling it a bit.

• Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    ON12355 said:

But it would be hell-of-a coincidence if this particular "bug" is SO complicated This game is either pay to win relevant content or wait to win irrelevant one :smile:

I agree with you 100%.

I am fine paying to help a bit to complete content that is fair. But now I cant for Act 6 (as this is currently unfair), so will remain 80+% complete until Sentinels intentional change is changed back. Or until eternity. Shrug.
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BrosMefdKmY

@Kabam Miike this look “extremely difficult” to you? That’s how it’s been since sentinel was released until these last 2 updates. I really don’t get off on calling you out but c’mon man... some of this stuff is so blatantly bugged it’s ridiculous.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike hav to aks u hav long hav u being played the game becasse he hav Ben that hard to evade that sp1. But to counter him after words. Hav changed sims v 22
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199

Alright everybody, we're still looking into this. As it stands, his attack has been changed to be exactly as it was before. His Special has always been extremely difficult to punish, and is meant to be that way, but it was always possible with the most precise of timing.

You are incorrect, Sentinel's SP1 has never been extremely difficult to punish prior to the gratuitous game change updates from 22.0. Anyone regularly playing AQ knows this ever since the symbioids were removed.

It does the entire community here a disservice to try and claim otherwise.

There are so many bugs that haven't been fixed that really need to be. Phoenix still can't combo her SP1 despite 2 hotfixes and a monthly update!

• DraenathDraenath Posts: 237

^ Biggest load of rubbish that you are trying to sell the consumer right there - you have adjusted something and fixing this means rewinding it.

Just fix it already!
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    Sentinel was so easy to evade please don’t say it required anything other then going back to dexterity it
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    His attack may have went back but you need to make him stand still for another frame or 2 that’s what changed ..his reaction after his attack
  • AryannaAryanna Posts: 76
    I thought it was mentioned that his recovery time from his L1 had been fixed but it clearly has not... what's going on with that?
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    edited April 2019
    Everything is still jacked up. Cant evade specials without getting clipped. This is the same exact thing happening that happened with the last update. Fix the game!
  • NitoNito Posts: 70
    @Kabam Miike you guys need to stop telling us what we should be thinking and actually listen to your community! You seem to think that everyone is out to contradict you no matter what, but if this were truly fixed, people wouldn’t be coming out in droves to say you’re wrong. I believe that you THINK you’ve fixed the problem, I’m not saying you’re lying, but you’re just misinformed. Please listen to the community when they collectively tell you all something.

It’s like when Drax was changed so that he could no longer counter Mordo. The community, as a whole, hundreds of us told you it had changed, but how did Kabam respond? “You’re all crazy, this is how it’s always been, stop lying and trolling. We did nothing to Drax”. Completely ignoring the community.
  • RedTide75RedTide75 Posts: 29
    About 50% of the time after evading sp1 u can’t retaliate without AI recovering and attacking you.
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    RedTide75 said:

About 50% of the time after evading sp1 u can’t retaliate without AI recovering and attacking you.

More like 10% right now.
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237

As it stands, his attack has been changed to be exactly as it was before.

No, it hasn’t.

His Special has always been extremely difficult to punish

No, it hasn’t.

This is borderline insulting. Like we haven’t successfully punished Sentinel’s L1 hundreds (maybe thousands?) of times before the v22 update. Now all of the sudden no one can punish it anymore, not because something was clearly changed, but because we all -at the same time- must’ve just forgotten how to do it? Or the whole player base just simultaneously lost an essential skill? C’mon.
    ^ This - This sums up player sentiment right now!
  • APERAGEAPERAGE Posts: 10
    Still not fixed. Kabam what’s the deal here?

Also what’s up with the increase defensive AI? It like they sit back and wait for you to make a mistake or be totally guard down before they come after you. Also next to impossible to draw out a SP from AI in the quest for the stone quests

Quit wasting time on what the visuals are (cool shadowing and outline in new version) and actually fix what is causing players to leave or more will continue to leave
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    I guess it is my fault then :neutral: I used to punish post sp1 all the time and now I can't. Guess my reflexes have deteriorated or something
  • Roepotte40Roepotte40 Posts: 12
    Pretty clear they don't want to fix this due to the final boss in Act 6.1.6. They want people to have to spend as many units on the content as possible. The way they continue to dodge issues and take their time with bug fixes that cause the player base to consume more items and units is appalling business.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

No, you could evade and punish his sp1 easily before the update...
  • jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    nice to the sentinels reacting too fast again after specials after update .... great effort 💪🏻
This discussion has been closed.