**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Avengers, Assemble! "Quest for the Stones" and "Save the Battlerealm" Events are coming!

Comments

• Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★

For those worried about quest energy.

• QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Why does Fatigue in this quest only last for 3 seconds when in normal questing is lasts for 12?
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    What a horrible month for anything good to come of it. I'm. Just going to do what I normally do, and if I happen to pull anything good, great. If not, I know I didn't waste any extra time or go out do my way for ****. Already off to a lackluster start getting that 10k gold that put me into a defecit having to level and rank a useless 5* champ I'll never use.

And I'm still trying to understand Oppression when vision has a stone in his forehead.
    Vdh2008 said:

Never thought I'd see a quest outside of permanent content where you either have to have a certain champ or spend your way to victory. Even with all the skill in the world, there's no way you're beating EPIC even WITH the soul stone and a 4 star OG Cap, without significant revives.

I'm not playing that game, Kabam. I'll stick to Normal, Heroic etc, etc. I'm not impressed though.

I'm not a fan of this whole month. Ended last month's EQ early to this clusterF of events. Two of the ongoing are either beyond easy or beyond hard. There is no in between. The rewards for the engame content doesn't seem worth the time/effort for the rewards given. The low end rewards on the crystals completely suck and all I've gotten. Wasted more time and resources to get them than the rewards that were given. So running at a major deficit on that so far.

Nothing seems to actually be fun, at all. And I don't mind challenging content I can do with some effort and resources, if I know or feel it's doable. The juice just doesn't seem to be worth the squeeze. Guess that means more free time.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

So I got my soul stone that was supposed to power up my Captain America. I’m not 100%, but I think the power string mechanic is broken? It didn’t seem to amplify any special damage at all.

I put a ticket in about this as well. Power sting when they use specials doesn’t seem to work at all. Didn’t notice any additional damage but the power sting went away and some reapplied themselves
    Think reading more you have to get a stone from the other event and use OG cap and blah blah blah. All these events just seem annoying. Just a ton of requirements to get you to use resources on things you normally wouldn't use them on to take you away from who you really need to use and rank for future content.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,553 Guardian
    QuikPik said:

1. No one is going to have an R4 5* OG Cap. Maybe 2% of the community will have an R5 4* or R3 5*.
    2. Soul stone is not powerful enough for a lesser ranked OG Cap. Honestly, the benefits of have the soul stone are pretty sad for this first event.

It took some practice, but I just completed Master level Soul path with a rank 2 Cap. I believe with a little more practice Epic would be doable with a rank 2. The key seems to be the power lock effect in the Soul Stone. You have to perform well-timed blocks to get the lock, then get in one combo, then repeat. Build up to SP3, then you can use that during the next power lock window. Well timed blocks also reflect damage back at the opponent and heal you. With a couple of practice runs I was able to do the entire path with no potion usage at all and I ended the boss fight with full health.

It seems the content designer decided to pair up power gain nodes with a power lock infinity stone, and I guess that's going to be the pattern for all the other paths.

The power sting is almost a moot effect: if you do the fight in the safest way possible the opponents are never going to use any specials.

The main problem for Epic seems to be the actual boss fight. I couldn't seem to apply well-timed blocks on Maw, so that was more of a straight up fight. But he also doesn't have huge power gain, so it wasn't a hard fight on Master. We'll see how it goes on Epic.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    It wouldn't have been as bad if fatigue worked like in Cap's description.

1. It doesn't last for 12 seconds
    2. It's not a 90% chance to land it. It was more like 50% from my experience
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    200% power gain sucks so much.
    QuikPik said:

It wouldn't have been as bad if fatigue worked like in Cap's description.

1. It doesn't last for 12 seconds
    2. It's not a 90% chance to land it. It was more like 50% from my experience

So here's my rank 2 Cap's fight against Epic Juggernaut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvF9ZDXUW1U
    It is clear to me that with the Soul Stone a rank 2 Cap can do the path.

Now, as to fatigue. Cap's fatigue does in fact last 12 seconds according to the video. It is the power lock that only lasts for three seconds, which is what the infinity stone's description states. But something does seem to have been broken with Cap's fatigue when he is empowered by the Soul Stone. He should be landing fatigue, and thus power lock, 90% of the time. It does seem to be landing at closer to 50% of the time as you state. If I've counted correctly, I saw 32 well-timed blocks land in that fight. I counted a block as a well-timed block if I saw the reflected damage, otherwise I assumed I missed the timing. I only counted fifteen instances of landing power lock and fatigue. That seems to be far outside the realm of reasonable probability if the chance of landing fatigue was actually 90%. I suspect that the Soul Stone "version" of Cap in the game data incorrectly has the fatigue percentage set to 50%, or alternatively something is causing Cap to fail to trigger fatigue about half the time (~45%).
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

QuikPik said:

1. No one is going to have an R4 5* OG Cap. Maybe 2% of the community will have an R5 4* or R3 5*.
    2. Soul stone is not powerful enough for a lesser ranked OG Cap. Honestly, the benefits of have the soul stone are pretty sad for this first event.

It took some practice, but I just completed Master level Soul path with a rank 2 Cap. I believe with a little more practice Epic would be doable with a rank 2. The key seems to be the power lock effect in the Soul Stone. You have to perform well-timed blocks to get the lock, then get in one combo, then repeat. Build up to SP3, then you can use that during the next power lock window. Well timed blocks also reflect damage back at the opponent and heal you. .
    From what I remember of the fight early today, well timed blocks (parry) just heals you. Any time you apply fatigue, the opponent becomes power locked. So you can just hold block until the power lock procs, and then combo and repeat.
    Mhykke said:

DNA3000 said:

QuikPik said:

It took some practice, but I just completed Master level Soul path with a rank 2 Cap. I believe with a little more practice Epic would be doable with a rank 2. The key seems to be the power lock effect in the Soul Stone. You have to perform well-timed blocks to get the lock, then get in one combo, then repeat. Build up to SP3, then you can use that during the next power lock window. Well timed blocks also reflect damage back at the opponent and heal you. .
    From what I remember of the fight early today, well timed blocks (parry) just heals you. Any time you apply fatigue, the opponent becomes power locked. So you can just hold block until the power lock procs, and then combo and repeat.
    Ah, that's what's going on. I messed that up in my head. It isn't well timed blocks that apply fatigue, only true perfect block does. So of course its only going to happen at something closer to 36% of the time (40% chance to perfect block, 90% chance to apply fatigue).

Jeez, that means I was actually fighting in hard mode. Oh well, that's what happens when you try to do the content on the first day.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    Holy hell, that's a million and a half energy usage right there. Are you guys serious? Should cost 0 or at max 1 energy.
  • cypher26cypher26 Posts: 27
    I'm saving science resources for 5* gulk do they really expect people to abandon a choice like that to rank up og cap lmao. The stone should at least max them temporarily or give them some sort of rank up boost
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Why does everything have to be so stupidly convoluted? The announcement posts make little or no sense without actually telling us what we have to do. It took a simple Line post from Trucos today before I could get my head around the requirements for the month and all the different events going on.

I mean, honestly - how hard would it have been for the MCOC Team to have explained it like that?
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Here is an idea , don't give out any rewards .at least that way we don't feel cheap
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    Using @DNA3000 's advice I did Juggs and Dorm in the Epic path and have full health going into Red Skull.

All this effort for RNG rewards is still a terrible value proposition for me.

I've 100% finished every content in the game (lab, var 1 and 2, maze, act 6) and I'm really having second thoughts about this even after the great advice that DNA gave.

Just not worth the time and headache involved.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Is anyone else Captain America’s special damage not being amplified? Or if it is I’m not noticing it lol
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    What I find ridiculous is that Thor and Black Widow are not even available in the 5* crystal. Best you can do is a 4*. Those are weak champs for an epic quest.

What I find ridiculous is that Thor and Black Widow are not even available in the 5* crystal. Best you can do is a 4*. Those are weak champs for an epic quest.

Don't worry. They'll sell FGMCs so you can buy them!
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    edited April 2019
    Why are the infinity shards in Quest for the Stone less than you have announced? You say epic gives 25,000. I count 17,500? Same for other difficulties.

Same thing in Save the Battlerealm which have been reduced even more than stated.

I know subject to change but this is a big nerf of already very low rewards.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

"Please note: These Rewards are subject to change prior to the launch of the event."

FYI: They did write this as part of the original post.

Just did them all. Maw is really annoying.
  • DEGEN 100% OVER 35 Secs is BROKEN (NOT Applying Degen) ?? Without the Soul Stone.

Testing just Heroic level Save the Battlerealm, using 4* 4/40 OG Cap, and I do NOT have the Soul Stone yet (Completion but not full Explore yet of a Cap Quest for Stones). Wanted to compare difficulty before and after getting Stone.

Well, Cap was NOT taking any DEGEN. Went the left path thru Dormy to Ebony Maw (no Degen on any of the fights).

• EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Will Ant-Man, the Black Panthers, Captain America (Infinity War), Falcon, Hulk (Ragnarok), Hulkbuster, Iron Man (Infinity War), Scarlet Witch, Thor (Ragnarok) or the Visions be having their own unique events or fights as well? Last year there was a 2 month event around Infinity War. Will this year be similar?
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I plan on doing 100% for Quest for the Stones on Beginner through Heroic. I may do the same for Save the Battle Realm, but the monthly quest my goal is to do complete for Beginner and Normal while I 100% explore Heroic for Avengers Forever.
  • BUG... Re-Tested lower 3 difficulties of “Save the Battlerealm” (without a Stone, even with an Ironman who wouldn't have even had a Stone yet anyways)...

DEGEN from OPPRESSION from Maw does NOT actually Degen you in these lower 3 levels (even though Oppression is listed in all levels) Only in Master/Epic do you actually suffer Oppression's Degen if you don't have the Stone yet (or bring a non-Cap).

Also find it odd that in Beginner/Normal you can actually bring 3 attackers instead of just 1. (??)
  • vish04vish04 Posts: 52
    i have captain america & Iron Man 3* how i am supposed to play epic I hate such kinda focusing on single Champs Really Unfair @Kabam Miike @mcoc Team

Pls guide if I can play with any alternative