**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Discussion about monthly EQ Uncollected difficulty rewards

LainuaLainua Posts: 861 ★★★
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
It’s supposed to be exited event which players are waiting for every month. But with time it’s becoming less and less excitement because rewards are hardly amazing.

In an era which 6* is everything, you have to explore the event 4 times to get 1 6*. And this month it takes you 41 days. So basically you get 2 6* a year, with great chance that both are useless. I don’t even mention about numbers of revives, refill and health potions one has to spend to explore it. It’s becoming more and more difficult recently so I think it’s time to upgrade the rewards.

Instead of 2500 6* shards for exploration raise it up to 4000 so it takes less time to form a new 6*. Also pls raise tier 5 basic to 15000 shards so it doesn’t take you almost half year to form a full tier 5 basic.

Comments

• InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    No one here is wrong. What may be hard for one person may be easy for another. That happens every month. I became uncollected in November, and the last two months were the first two times I've 100% explored UC. My go-to roster hasn't really changed except for the fact that I have duped CAIW and Void. I've seen screenshots, I bet I won't explore UC this month but that doesn't mean that the difficult is changing. Some people didn't explore that last two months because of "mini bosses". Others did. Some are going to explore this month, others aren't. This isn't about logic. This is about strategy. If Thanos is like the Infinity War EQ that they had, he could prob easily be defeated if people are good at intercepting. That's called having the skills to beat him. Do the rewards need to be "updated" because some people can't intercept so it makes it harder for them?

5.2 is uncollected because it was hard back then, now with the amount of 5*'s out there it's easy. Doesn't mean the UC EQ's have to be. 5.2 completion doesn't give you 6* shards, EQ does, so if you want to be "logical" it makes sense why the UC EQ is a bit harder.

If you don't want to do this month's or any month because you don't feel like they are worth it, then why play? It's been shown that each champion has it's use in this game. Whether it's this month or next month or in an event in December. I'm sure next month or next couple of months it'll be "super easy" or have an event like GPGTTM where you basically got a 5* for free and you won't be upset or complaining. Do the EQ then.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Karnage said:

Karnage said:

The game is about progression. At one point 5* shards a d T4B and T4CC were rare. T2A didnt exist and it took months to get 1 5*. 6 star champs haven't been out that long. UC EQ isnt the only way to get 6* shards either.

UC difficulty doesn't warrant 4000 6* shards or 15000 T5B. Its not that difficult to complete. Those types of rewards are what you are getting from act 6.

They arent getting more difficult, theres just fights and champs you arent used too. The game isnt just about mashing buttons anymore, gotta use strategy now.

Really? EQ isn't getting harder? Tell me, who were the minibosses in EQ 6 months ago? Oh wait, that's right, there never used to be minibosses. And this month, there's no real difference between exploration and completion. Either you beat that Thanos and get something, or you don't and you get nothing.
    As you progress through the game, EQ should be getting easier as your roster and skills grow, but now even though I'm better at the game, and have a much more stacked roster, EQ is just as difficult, if not more so? What is currently Uncollected EQ this month should of been an entirely new difficulty for cavalier, and Uncollected should of stayed as it as ways has with 1 boss per map, all fights noded except one path, and a final boss of 30-40k. Not a chapter 1 boss of 30-40k and a final boss of 80k, that is act 6 level difficulty, not act 5, and therefore should be Cavalier difficulty and not Uncollected
    Tell me where they said ever EQ would exactly equal in terms of difficulty every single month? You are asking for rewards because 1 month was "harder" than others. When it was first introduced, where the rewards more than what they should have been? the last at least 3 EQ's have been cakewalks. Should you give back rewards for those EQs because they were easier? Didn't think so.
    Good effort trying to get out of admitting you were wrong 👍
    And you unlock uncollected by completing act 5 chapter 2, it is completely stupid to make UC EQ more difficult than 5.2. What's the point of getting uncollected if you aren't able to complete the content that it unlocks?
    You ask where they stated it would stay the same, they didn't, but logic dictates that it should.
    We now have Cavalier for those who have completed 6.1 like myself, it makes absolutely no sense to just ramp up the difficulty of UC EQ to Act 6/Cavalier levels instead of just creating another difficulty for Cavalier. The only reason I think it has been done like that is to keep a bottleneck on the amount of rewards we can get for a monthly EQ, that's the only thing that makes sense. It doesn't put me out, I can complete it, but the rewards really aren't worth the effort or resources that it will take.
    And I'm not saying any 1 month has been harder, what I'm saying is that it has got progressively harder, especially over the last 6 months, and the rewards no longer reflect the difficulty. This month its not even close with the ridiculous side event. The rewards are a joke, 0.1% chance at a 5* awakening gem? Most people getting 10k gold or 4* sig stones? No thanks, I'm not ranking up trash champions to get a few thousand gold and some useless sig stones... You go right ahead, enjoy wasting your resources...
    Wait. The content shouldn’t be harder than the difficulty it unlocks? You’re kidding right?
    Lainua said:

It isn’t fair if you raise the bar significantly without raising rewards. I think the EQ last month and this month - two times in a row - the quest is unthoughtfully designed. The designer can put 100 k PI boss in the quest and call it challenge, I call it power abuse. Just because they can do it doesn’t mean it’s fair and acceptable.

It’s obvious they want to make thing harder for endgame players, which is a small group anyway. But they can do that by creating whole new level of monthly event quest, not making Uncollected unplayable for Uncollected players. Make it cavalier or whatever. Create a new level with bigger rewards.

They don’t do it because they don’t want to give players proper rewards. Oh boy, it’s mean and skimp by definition.

But... they made a side quest that allowed YOU to farm 250k 5* shards, 12+ T2A, 2 T5b and 1/4 a 6*. I’m sure that’s “increased rewards”. Unless you think that wasn’t allowed.... 🤔
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    xNig said:

Karnage said:

Karnage said:

The game is about progression. At one point 5* shards a d T4B and T4CC were rare. T2A didnt exist and it took months to get 1 5*. 6 star champs haven't been out that long. UC EQ isnt the only way to get 6* shards either.

UC difficulty doesn't warrant 4000 6* shards or 15000 T5B. Its not that difficult to complete. Those types of rewards are what you are getting from act 6.

They arent getting more difficult, theres just fights and champs you arent used too. The game isnt just about mashing buttons anymore, gotta use strategy now.

Really? EQ isn't getting harder? Tell me, who were the minibosses in EQ 6 months ago? Oh wait, that's right, there never used to be minibosses. And this month, there's no real difference between exploration and completion. Either you beat that Thanos and get something, or you don't and you get nothing.
    As you progress through the game, EQ should be getting easier as your roster and skills grow, but now even though I'm better at the game, and have a much more stacked roster, EQ is just as difficult, if not more so? What is currently Uncollected EQ this month should of been an entirely new difficulty for cavalier, and Uncollected should of stayed as it as ways has with 1 boss per map, all fights noded except one path, and a final boss of 30-40k. Not a chapter 1 boss of 30-40k and a final boss of 80k, that is act 6 level difficulty, not act 5, and therefore should be Cavalier difficulty and not Uncollected
    Tell me where they said ever EQ would exactly equal in terms of difficulty every single month? You are asking for rewards because 1 month was "harder" than others. When it was first introduced, where the rewards more than what they should have been? the last at least 3 EQ's have been cakewalks. Should you give back rewards for those EQs because they were easier? Didn't think so.
    Good effort trying to get out of admitting you were wrong 👍
    And you unlock uncollected by completing act 5 chapter 2, it is completely stupid to make UC EQ more difficult than 5.2. What's the point of getting uncollected if you aren't able to complete the content that it unlocks?
    You ask where they stated it would stay the same, they didn't, but logic dictates that it should.
    We now have Cavalier for those who have completed 6.1 like myself, it makes absolutely no sense to just ramp up the difficulty of UC EQ to Act 6/Cavalier levels instead of just creating another difficulty for Cavalier. The only reason I think it has been done like that is to keep a bottleneck on the amount of rewards we can get for a monthly EQ, that's the only thing that makes sense. It doesn't put me out, I can complete it, but the rewards really aren't worth the effort or resources that it will take.
    And I'm not saying any 1 month has been harder, what I'm saying is that it has got progressively harder, especially over the last 6 months, and the rewards no longer reflect the difficulty. This month its not even close with the ridiculous side event. The rewards are a joke, 0.1% chance at a 5* awakening gem? Most people getting 10k gold or 4* sig stones? No thanks, I'm not ranking up trash champions to get a few thousand gold and some useless sig stones... You go right ahead, enjoy wasting your resources...
    Wait. The content shouldn’t be harder than the difficulty it unlocks? You’re kidding right?
    Not at the difference that it's currently at. That Thanos is Cavalier level difficulty. Not Uncollected.
    My point is they should be creating a new difficulty, not just ramping up UC difficulty by an insane amount and giving the same rewards... If you're gonna ramp the difficulty of UC EQ, fine, but adjust the rewards to reflect the new level of difficulty. Or if you're not going to adjust the rewards, create a new difficulty with its own rewards, like they did for Uncollected.
    The only reason I can think of that they decided to ramp up UC EQ instead of just creating Cavalier difficulty is to keep a bottle neck on the amount of rewards we can earn through EQ each month. With Uncollected and Cavalier rewards I think they're thinking that we'll be getting too many high level rewards per month, since Cav rewards would have to be better than UC rewards
    xNig said:

Lainua said:

It isn’t fair if you raise the bar significantly without raising rewards. I think the EQ last month and this month - two times in a row - the quest is unthoughtfully designed. The designer can put 100 k PI boss in the quest and call it challenge, I call it power abuse. Just because they can do it doesn’t mean it’s fair and acceptable.

It’s obvious they want to make thing harder for endgame players, which is a small group anyway. But they can do that by creating whole new level of monthly event quest, not making Uncollected unplayable for Uncollected players. Make it cavalier or whatever. Create a new level with bigger rewards.

They don’t do it because they don’t want to give players proper rewards. Oh boy, it’s mean and skimp by definition.

But... they made a side quest that allowed YOU to farm 250k 5* shards, 12+ T2A, 2 T5b and 1/4 a 6*. I’m sure that’s “increased rewards”. Unless you think that wasn’t allowed.... 🤔
    Where was this quest? I saw no such quest. I saw bugged negative zones that randomly reset themselves, and people migrating alliances left right and centre to reset their negative zones. They didn't give us such a quest, they gave us a quest that was extremely drawn out, with about a tenth of the rewards you described. But some people with no lives found a loophole and spent weeks taking advantage of it. I run my own business, I don't have time to play a game 24/7, and you can potentially get banned for taking advantage of bugs in the game, although no one will likely get banned for this one, my point being is they didn't give us an event as you describe, the event they gave was much much worse, but if you don't have a job, and you live in your parents basement and can grind a game 16 hours a day, I imagine you might of got something like the rewards you described, but that wasn't what was intended by Kabam. So no, they didn't give us an event to farm get 250k 5* shards, or any of the rest of what you said.
    But you're another one I always see on here trying to stir the proverbial pot, siding with kabam whether they're wrong or right. Your 'git good' posse must be missing an idiot today, run along and go find them like a good little brown nose...
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    Actually the Negative Zone event gave you a possibility of 27,300 5* shards. Check out Trucos pic on Negative Zone. That's if you do the 2 missions (Epic and Master) every 8 hours (3 times a day) for a total of 28 days. Now, if you have a job and other life things to do, you could prob only do this twice a day. (If you're playing legit not cheating like other alliances). That's 56 times for a total of 18,200 shards. I have a job, a girlfriend, friends party on the weeks, you know what you claim normal people do. I have my own house and pay my own rent and my parents live 400 miles away. And only logging in twice a day for 5 minutes to do those two missions. So yes, it's totally doable to do this. Sorry if you were bothered by a bug cause I never saw that happened with the Negative Zone randomly reset itself. So try to actually thing of the possibilities @Karnage before you try to be a douche and start claiming that this event was for cheaters and people that live in this parents basement. & do that actual "effort" that OP also claims that you have to do.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 453 ★★★

Karnage said:

Wow. You literally just backtracked going from: "its not harder just requires strategy" to "oh well they didnt say that difficulty would be constant so you cant hold them to that".

Actually they set the precedent that when they increase difficulty they also increase rewards with the whole AQ debacle. When peoe realized it was just harder without any valid scaling in rewards they nerfed the difficulty instead of buffing the rewards. They just raised the difficulty again so it begs the question will they scale rewards or bring the difficulty down to a constant rate. It amazes me that most arguments siding with kabam usually boil down to "they can do as they please because they didnt say they wouldnt". And even with that logic they can simply bactrack on their own promises (see AA nerf) compelting invalidating anything they say in the future and setting a mind-numbingly unfair precedent for every decision they seem to contrive.

Its not unfair to ask that rewards and difficulty have a constant scale and its not unfair to ask difficulty and reward to be adjusted simoultaneously.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I agree they should add more ways to get 6* shards but not by increasing uncollected rewards
    My point was that to attain the rewards he stated, you would of had to be constantly alliance hopping and grinding like 12 hours a day every day. Only people who have no life and live in their parents basement could achieve that. My comments were in no way related to yours. But you decided to take offence to them anyways even though I hadn't even seen your comment. You want to call me childish, then tell me to "try being an adult"?
    I'm done with this conversation...
  • Its_Wahl_75Its_Wahl_75 Posts: 9
    Completing quests isn’t all about skill anymore. The new meta of the game is all about having the right champs (if you’re lucky enough to pull them) and having the resources to waste so you can rank them for the EQ
    Karnage said:

xNig said:

Lainua said:

Where was this quest? I saw no such quest. I saw bugged negative zones that randomly reset themselves, and people migrating alliances left right and centre to reset their negative zones. They didn't give us such a quest, they gave us a quest that was extremely drawn out, with about a tenth of the rewards you described. But some people with no lives found a loophole and spent weeks taking advantage of it. I run my own business, I don't have time to play a game 24/7, and you can potentially get banned for taking advantage of bugs in the game, although no one will likely get banned for this one, my point being is they didn't give us an event as you describe, the event they gave was much much worse, but if you don't have a job, and you live in your parents basement and can grind a game 16 hours a day, I imagine you might of got something like the rewards you described, but that wasn't what was intended by Kabam. So no, they didn't give us an event to farm get 250k 5* shards, or any of the rest of what you said.
    But you're another one I always see on here trying to stir the proverbial pot, siding with kabam whether they're wrong or right. Your 'git good' posse must be missing an idiot today, run along and go find them like a good little brown nose...
    Nah I was taking a jibe at Lainua for switching alliances throughout the event and farming the resources, hence the capped “you”.

Anyway, I don’t side with Kabam with everything they do. There are things they do I disagree with, but I don’t whine about it. If a fight is BS, I figure things out, think and learn how to handle them. I don’t expect to be able to explore content when they’re released just because I can explore everything else with relative ease.

Also, from a company’s perspective, what good does it do Kabam to run this game to the ground?

This month’s quest was EASY, compared to 1 year ago where you had to fight a 50k Thanos TWICE (back to back) using 5* R4s as top champs. Now we are using multiple 5* R5s/6* R2s and 5* R4s to fight him ONCE.

What irks me is the privileged mentality the bulk of the playerbase has. Just because one fight is much more skill based rather than champ/counter based than before, they complain it’s a moneygrab even before attempting to find out how it can be efficiently handled. I’ve shared how to do it with both my alliances and they admit that it was a tough fight, but nowhere near impossible or moneygrab.

Also, the bulk of the complainers are mid tier players who have been SPOILT with easy 5/50s and 5* R4s that steamroll through previous progression content such as A4, without stagnating at certain progress points to take time to develop their skills or rosters. So when content is introduced that is beyond their skill level and what their current roster is able to overpower with brute force, they get unhappy.

What separates the true end game players from end game wannabes is this willingness to learn how mechanics work and think of proper counters using their understanding of the game, be it champs or playstyle adjustments, to handle tough content.

They don’t come on and complain about stuff being too hard.
    xNig said:

Karnage said:

xNig said:

Lainua said:

Nah I was taking a jibe at Lainua for switching alliances throughout the event and farming the resources, hence the capped “you”.

Anyway, I don’t side with Kabam with everything they do. There are things they do I disagree with, but I don’t whine about it. If a fight is BS, I figure things out, think and learn how to handle them. I don’t expect to be able to explore content when they’re released just because I can explore everything else with relative ease.

Also, from a company’s perspective, what good does it do Kabam to run this game to the ground?

This month’s quest was EASY, compared to 1 year ago where you had to fight a 50k Thanos TWICE (back to back) using 5* R4s as top champs. Now we are using multiple 5* R5s/6* R2s and 5* R4s to fight him ONCE.

What irks me is the privileged mentality the bulk of the playerbase has. Just because one fight is much more skill based rather than champ/counter based than before, they complain it’s a moneygrab even before attempting to find out how it can be efficiently handled. I’ve shared how to do it with both my alliances and they admit that it was a tough fight, but nowhere near impossible or moneygrab.

Also, the bulk of the complainers are mid tier players who have been SPOILT with easy 5/50s and 5* R4s that steamroll through previous progression content such as A4, without stagnating at certain progress points to take time to develop their skills or rosters. So when content is introduced that is beyond their skill level and what their current roster is able to overpower with brute force, they get unhappy.

What separates the true end game players from end game wannabes is this willingness to learn how mechanics work and think of proper counters using their understanding of the game, be it champs or playstyle adjustments, to handle tough content.

They don’t come on and complain about stuff being too hard.
    @xNig if you look back I've not once comained about the difficulty, my entire issue has been the reward/difficulty ratio.
    Example, they made map 6 harder, they increased the rewards, and they made map 7 for even better rewards. They made AW harder, and increased the rewards to reflect the difficulty. Even Story Mode rewards have been buffed to match the current meta. But we're still operating on the same rewards we've always had for EQ.
    If they want to create more difficult content they should create a new difficulty, just like they did with uncollected in act 5. If you're going to increase the difficulty, you have to increase the rewards. And as an advanced/advancing player, AQ hasn't got any easier, if anything it's still as hard as it was if not harder, despite me being more skillful and having access to a much more stacked roster. On on top of the increased difficulty, we have to deal with the highest amount of bugs we've ever had to endure. Trying to beat some of the most difficult content we've ever faced, with more bugs and glitches than we've ever had, to get the same rewards as a year ago is pathetic. And that's not even mentioning the lack of compensation for the state of the game over the past couple of months, I'm not usually one to complain about not getting compo, but when you genuinely have to use resources purely because their game is broken you'd expect at the very least some kind of apology. This has been as bad if not worse than 12.0 and look at the compensation packages they rolled out back then...
    Now all we get is 'we're working on it, stop pestering us'...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Lainua said:

It’s supposed to be exited event which players are waiting for every month. But with time it’s becoming less and less excitement because rewards are hardly amazing.

In an era which 6* is everything, you have to explore the event 4 times to get 1 6*. And this month it takes you 41 days. So basically you get 2 6* a year, with great chance that both are useless. I don’t even mention about numbers of revives, refill and health potions one has to spend to explore it. It’s becoming more and more difficult recently so I think it’s time to upgrade the rewards.

Instead of 2500 6* shards for exploration raise it up to 4000 so it takes less time to form a new 6*. Also pls raise tier 5 basic to 15000 shards so it doesn’t take you almost half year to form a full tier 5 basic.

Something is always going to be hard to get. That's the bottom line. If 6* champs were easy to get, we'd have 7* champs to fill the void. And then people would be complaining that the game was all about 7* champs.

There will always be a most powerful thing. This thing will always be hard to get. And everyone will think they deserve to get them faster. These are constants in the game that will never change. The only thing you can change is how fast 4*s become 5*s become 6*s become 7*s. A lot of people were surprised when 6* champs were introduced into the game. They should not have been: they were the unavoidable consequence of 5* champs becoming easier to get. You can make 6* champs easier to get. In fact, Kabam will, whether you ask them to or not, make them easier to get over time. And when this rate reaches a critical threshold, there's no coming back from it and 7* champs will get rolled out, and the top tier players and whales of the game will leave everyone else behind pursuing those.

You cannot advocate for this to not happen. You can only advocate for this to happen sooner, or later. I said this all back when people were begging for 5* champions to be easier to get, back when 5* champs were actually harder to get than 6* champs are today.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    First, u can get a complete 5* crystal each month if u do the 3 hardest challenges (UC, master, heroic level.

Second, the month is harder because in chapt 2 of UC, u fight 7 enemies before u get to the boss (corvus glaive). It used to always be 6 enemies b4 u get to the boss.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    They give you nearly a free shot at the boss for a month and a half. Some energy refills is the only cost. Of which you get multiple free ones per month.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

I’m surprised at the first response in this thread. The Kabam drone never fails to run in and spout his wrong BS.

@Jamiefyffe16 still afraid to tag me and talk about it huh? Please explain hpw what I said was "wrong". Lets see if you have anything intelligent to say or can only just try and act tough.

They give you nearly a free shot at the boss for a month and a half. Some energy refills is the only cost. Of which you get multiple free ones per month.

Not too mention 4 other difficulties to practice on as well.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I spent about 3 hours last night fighting uncollected thanos non stop. Roughly 3 energy refills worth. Tried all my r5s and r4 5* champs and 6* champs. I proficiently was able to get thanos down to his third phase. Easiest done with Blade with trinity.

At that point I of course had issues 🤷‍♂️. But ended up getting him down to 17% health with the blade run. Then down to 8% with the rest of the team. Which they were 5* r5 mephisto and starky, r3 ghostrider and r4 spidergwen. One team revive and he was defeated. It took many many attempts before I figured it was okay to spend a revive.

Starky and ghostrider ended up being just along for the ride. Mephisto soul imprisonment kept thanos’ unstoppable off him. And spidergwen gets that buff for attacking “Superior Class Champions”.

Considering the rest of the quest is relatively easy I’m not complaining about using a revive for one fight. Although I think kabam could have tweaked the armor break timing just a little.

Here are 3 screenshots. 2 from the very first UC EQs and 1 from last months. M.O.D.O.K was the first UC boss. Almost 40k PI and 171k Health. Fast Forward to last month with Annihilus and its 117k health and same PI. Void was the 2nd and he was 137k.

Not sure how that equates to being harder per say. My point is that UC has always gone up and down in difficulty. There wasn't ever a standard in what it was supposed to be. Final boss fights have been hard and easy. All of the UC events can be beaten by 4*s and some even by 3*'s like with Ronan and Red Skull.

Yes there are noded paths but they haven't really added much since there was individual noded champs before and not just linked ones.

This montha UC is tough. The first Thanos one was tough as well but it's meant to be. Also its one fight. M.O.D.O.K was something like 7 or 8 paths I believe. That's 8 fights and over 1.3 million HP. So in reality, which is harder?

I'm not against bigger and better rewards. UC rewards are fine. Add a Cavalier difficulty with higher rewards instead. That makes more sense to me.
  • FlinxFlinx Posts: 14

snip

You do realise that the person in your screen grabs called this the hardest eq ever. Worse than variant or act 6 but the rewards were exactly the same as the much much easier ones...

• Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I agree with adding a Cavalier difficulty but also scaling back uncollected just a hair at the same time.
  • FlinxFlinx Posts: 14
    oh and you forgot to mention the 500k+ health pool