**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

More stressful than fun now

KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
After 3 years of playing this game it's finally got to the point where its more stressful than fun now, the difficulty to reward ratio is ridiculous. I'm quite capable of doing all this months quests, but there's no point, spending all that time trying to beat a ridiculously hard thanos for a few hundred 5* shards? I'm good thanks. Also, no uncollected EQ, just an epic one with absolutely trash rewards? The game/AI is completely broken, I spent 2 full minutes yesterday baiting an sp2 in AQ, where there's a 3 min time limit. Blocks are being ignored, when I try to dex he blocks, when I try to parry, nothing happens half the time.
The game is so broken right now, but all I see is people getting spoken to like idiots by Mods, like we're children who have no knowledge of the game at all and have never played it before. Telling us things are working as intended when they're clearly not.
Granted, this update has caused less issues than the last one, but we're still dealing with bugs and glitches from LAST Months update! That's an absolute joke!
Still can't punish sentinel sp1 as with a couple of others like x23, attacks whiff after she's thrown a special now. There are so many underlying issues that are being ignored in the hopes that we forget, while they keep pushing out even more content that doesn't work properly with rewards that are getting worse by the day at this point. I'm tempted to just going back to doing wars and AQ and ignore the rest, too much overcomplicated content with trash rewards that aren't even close to worth the time spent, for RNG based rewards too, enjoy all your crappy ISO. Complete epic/uncollected difficulty, get 2k iso. Yeah, awesome, I'll pass thanks... Sort your game out kabam, it's become a laughing stock at this point...

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    The baiting and missed blocks probably are working as intended. Kabam has a 4 year history of giving the players masteries then doing everything in their power to make those masteries useless. So perfect blocking is and has been a target for a long time! Unblockable first moves? Degenerative after effects like poison bleed, shock, radiation, whatever! And the rewards absolutely do not reflect the difficulty! We have two choices now! Either material we can walk through, or marerial so difficult it requires 5s! and for the rewards? I haven't felt it was worth raising a 5 to get them!
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    I just wish they'd stop releasing so much new content littered with so many bugs and just fix the game. I'd rather go without an EQ for a month, and Arena. I'd be happy just doing AQ and AW for a month if we were going to get a fully working product at the end of it, they could release endless fun content, but while the game isn't working properly people will still stop playing in their droves, couple of youtubers have stepped down already, Multiple end game players have quit, they need to actually realise that their player base aren't happy and do something about it. This is getting to the point where its worse than v12.0. There are so many bugs plaguing the game right now, and for a game that demands so much precision in how you play, even 1 bug is too much. When the AI is essentially 'cheating' because they can do things we as a player can't, such as throwing specials while taking blocked hits, or just ignoring a parry, and the difficulty of the content it's self is going up, and the game is littered with bugs, it becomes unenjoyable. It feels like more of a chore to jump on and do stuff, the rewards suck, the difficulty is ridiculous, those 8 hour negative zones were a joke. We play games to de-stress, not to get even more stressed.
    Agreed, and for the people who want to say there's no fights in the run up to thanos so it works out fair, you're wrong. The paths were never difficult, I always got to bosses with full health, but theres a ****ing world of difference between a 30k human torch, and a 70k Thanos that is pretty much invincible except for ONE second, IF you manage to land an intercept... Pure lunacy, I could do it, but I honestly can't be bothered for the rewards,
  • DoofinatorDoofinator Posts: 23
    I honestly believe this IS constructive feedback. I hear you. Trust me, a lot of people get it.

This is the highest timesink we’ve seen in years with rewards which seem to be geared towards the state of the game in 2016. We went from a 5* awakening and tons of shards to paltry shards a 1/1000 chance in a month’s time...High commitment coupled with terrible rewards makes people extremely jaded and turns what is already a grind for many people into a full blown chore. While the normal uncollected monthly event rewards seem standard as of late, the difficulty is definitely ramped up. Again, doable, but very jading. All the monthly stuff together seems very overwhelming for a very underwhelming payout.

Add in AI that sometimes baits out like it’s a round 12-14 arena fight and a slew of bugs and it really does leave the community scratching their head as to what is going on...all in a month that should be the marquee event since launch. I’ve been playing since the beginning and I’ve never seen so many issues last so long.
    It also means ranking up a champion or champions that I'll never use again, for rewards that most likely won't even match the resource cost to rank them in the first place. If I rank up a 5* Cap even to r3, put all the effort into the event, and then get 50k gold and some 4* sig stones, how is that even remotely worthwhile? I'm actually more likely to lose resources on this months side quest than gain them, and that is just ridiculous...
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Here is the deal everyone. If you don't like it, don't play.
    That simple.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Karnage said:

TheVyrus said:

That simple.

That is the most stupid argument ever, not even joking.
    If you go and buy a car, and it doesn't work, your response would be to just not drive it and go and get another car?
    Idiot...
    It's funny because some guy a few days ago saying this game is getting too difficult and he got a bunch of lols on his post. Now he must be chucking to himself
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Karnage said:

TheVyrus said:

That simple.

If you go and buy a car, and it doesn't work, your response would be to just not drive it and go and get another car?
    Idiot...
    Of course, you spent money on the car to buy and own it. Do you own the game? 😂
    The game itself isn't that difficult, there's quite a range of content to do. It's the difficulty/reward ratio that is so far off at the minute. With the Intel side quest we could buy a 5* Awakening Gem and still have Intel left over for 5* shards. This time we get a 0.1% chance at a 5* AG? Most likely to get 10k gold, or a 4* sig stone? It's a joke man. Rather have 1 guaranteed 5* crystal than all of those rubbish rewards this month
    xNig said:

Karnage said:

TheVyrus said:

That simple.

Idiot...
    Of course, you spent money on the car to buy and own it. Do you own the game? 😂
    I've spend money on the game, so technically yes, i own my account, and my account has a value, that value is determined by the amount of effort and money I've put into it. If the game isn't working, that affects the value of my account, just like having a non functioning car would affect the value of the car.
    But you carry on trolling son, I'm sure you'll end up happy with yourself one day...
    The game is working though. The post was that it is too intense for him and has lost its fun. If that happens with a GAME you stop playing.

The analogy to the car is incompletely irrelevant since you do not purchase the game, you may purchase "accessories" to the game and be dissatisfied now. So a more accurate analogy would be to have purchased seat covers for your car and no longer enjoy sitting on the leather. In which case you would remove them to be seated on fabric. You may wish you didn't drop the $100 on the covers, but a year later your comfort level changed.

Additionally devolving the conversation to name calling indicates a clear lack of maturity and inability to comprehend differing opinions. It is unfortunate that this is how you deal with adversity.
  • DoofinatorDoofinator Posts: 23
    It’s not as if “if you don’t like it, don’t play” is constructive feedback. I agree that insults aren’t constructive but telling someone to not care when a game they’ve spent money on and played for 3 years turns into a ridiculous bug-filled grind with an increasing commitment and regressing rewards is completely asinine. The mods are extremely tone-deaf sometimes but you’d never see them make such a comment.

These are legitimate concerns. I personally know quite a few people that have been playing for years and have quit this year. The latest update caused another to quit. That coupled with the the latest monthly event caused another to announce their retirement. The fact that players refer to quitting as retirement should be a giant red flag that the developers should pay attention to. As the title suggests, the game is largely more chore than fun right now. He might not have presented it in the most constructive manner but your feedback literally added nothing to the dialogue... unless of course you think people quitting left and right is a viable solution.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited April 2019

I might make a run at the Uncollected EQ this month, but I just am just so disappointed in the other aspects this month. Even with a 5/65 captain america for the soul stone quest, it would be difficult. This is one of those blatant cash grab months.

Not at all, man. I did all the lower levels, as well as the soul stone paths on the left in Master and Epic with a rank 2 5* Cap. The stone is crazy powerful. A few practice runs and I had it down. Popped a 20% boost and took it down. Cost me a few energy refills.

I was already able to pop 13 of the greater crystals for the event. There are so many of them to be gained.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Yeah the difficulty does not scale to rewards this month for sure

It’s not as if “if you don’t like it, don’t play” is constructive feedback. I agree that insults aren’t constructive but telling someone to not care when a game they’ve spent money on and played for 3 years turns into a ridiculous bug-filled grind with an increasing commitment and regressing rewards is completely asinine. The mods are extremely tone-deaf sometimes but you’d never see them make such a comment.

These are legitimate concerns. I personally know quite a few people that have been playing for years and have quit this year. The latest update caused another to quit. That coupled with the the latest monthly event caused another to announce their retirement. The fact that players refer to quitting as retirement should be a giant red flag that the developers should pay attention to. As the title suggests, the game is largely more chore than fun right now. He might not have presented it in the most constructive manner but your feedback literally added nothing to the dialogue... unless of course you think people quitting left and right is a viable solution.

As you stated there seems to be no response to your, and others you refer to, concern for change. Kabam is operating a business that is highly successful and is designed to feed on people's desire to complete things. Since they will never be able to as long as new content is created. Because of the high success rate there is no need for them to change their practices until that success fades. Therefor it would be prudent to display your dissatisfaction by putting down the game. If a large enough group did this, it would result in change. As long as people's addictive instincts cannot be overcome, there will be no change.