**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing: Objectives

Comments

• BUG During PARRY Objective (while using or fighting with/against an AVENGER)...

Starting from scratch, using Avengers to fight...
    * 1st fight, did 9 Parries. Parry Objective says 9/20 (correct), but Avenger Use says 9/10 also (BUG, should be just 1).
    * 2nd fight, limited myself to 1 Parry. Parry Objective says 10/20 and so does Avenger Use (and so I CLAIM the 1st Avenger Use 10/10 Level)
    * 3rd fight (this time also Against an Avenger). 5 more Parries (Parry says 15/20). Avenger Use (next level) goes up to 5/20, and also Defeat Avenger goes up to 5/10. BUGS on BOTH of those Avenger Objectives.
    * 4th fight (only Using Avenger again), finish off Parry to 20/20 (Claim Parry Level). And of course Avenger Use goes up another 5 also (now 10/20).

Now, once PARRY Objective was finished, I do more fights, and NOW it does CORRECT incrementing of Avenger Use by just 1 count per fight, no matter how many Parries.

So BUG only benefits people with extra “fight counts” while they are still not finished with the Parry Objective. After that it seems to correct itself for FUTURE fights, but still let’s you keep the fight credits from earlier.
  • GTechNoGTechNo Posts: 6
    ***BuG***
    Not getting proper credit for fighting with avengers in arena. Fought with 3 Avengers I was on 27 but when the fight was over the progression window popped up 3 times with 28 not give me full credit.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

• CharlieMurphyKCCharlieMurphyKC Posts: 91
    For god's sakes, we NEED T4CCs! Those and T4Basics are holding me back like crazy. I sell so much iso each month because I can't do **** to upgrade my 4 and 5 stars. I understand that somehow people get to a point where they have too many T4CC. I'm uncollected, have 0 6*s, and less than a handful of champs at 5*Rank 4.

I've got gold coming out of my ass, I have T1 alphas that get sold so they don't expire, but I am running out of options to get T4CCs and T4Bs.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

For god's sakes, we NEED T4CCs! Those and T4Basics are holding me back like crazy. I sell so much iso each month because I can't do **** to upgrade my 4 and 5 stars. I understand that somehow people get to a point where they have too many T4CC. I'm uncollected, have 0 6*s, and less than a handful of champs at 5*Rank 4.

I've got gold coming out of my ass, I have T1 alphas that get sold so they don't expire, but I am running out of options to get T4CCs and T4Bs.

What level AQ do you run? I get a full t4cc every AQ plus uncollected and all the frags. AQ crystals provide all the t4cc I need so I never actually open the t4cc crystals. Not a brag post lol just letting you know where we get them. I have a hundred unopened crystals plus a ton of frags and glory crystals. My guess is you need to join an alliance that pushes a little harder.
  • Angelfire_TNORAngelfire_TNOR Posts: 64
    As others have said the need to claim rewards to begin the next chain is just bad design and un-intuitive to users who won't take the time to study an announcement in depth. Everything else in this game that has tiered rewards does not require you to claim rewards before moving on the next tier. Solo and Alliance events of the 1,3 and 7 day variety all will carry on to the next milestone without claiming the previous milestone's results. The same is true for arena milestones, I can keep grinding from 17,000 to 1.5M in the 4* basic arena without claiming anything between milestones. So why does this one piece of the game function differently?

I'm more than a bit annoyed about spending a whack of resources to take a 4* avenger from rank 3->4 and then rank 4->5 only to get the rank 3->4 rewards. The support desk's response of "working as intended" is not very reassuring. Yes, looking back after the fact I can see the line in the introductory post stating "the next objective in the chain will only unlock after claiming the reward from the currently active one". However, the design is not consistent with the rest of the game and from a user interface perspective should be changed to be consistent. Otherwise you will have bunch of annoyed customers who expect your game to behave like it always has, but in this instance does something different.
  • GTechNo said:

***BuG***
    Not getting proper credit for fighting with avengers in arena. Fought with 3 Avengers I was on 27 but when the fight was over the progression window popped up 3 times with 28 not give me full credit.

@GTechNo , I tried these in Arena with full Avengers, even had an opponent once that was full Avengers too.
    It DOES give you proper credit for all of them. Only issue is the pop up messages do not show with your starting count, instead each of the messages starts with 1 less than you final count, and thus ends with the proper number.

So, I think you really started with 25, and all 3 messages said 27->28. The 28 is correct, it's just that it didn't show them as 25-26, 26-27, 27-28.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★

How can i rank up a 4* avenger if all of the avengers are already on rank 3/30 . As it is i can't get the rewards for ranking one up to rank 4 and i cant do the first one . This need fixing.

I know right. Same here. all my 5* are at R2 also. So we get penalized for already completing these accomplishments prior to these objectives. Maybe Kabam does not want seasoned summoners to be playing this game anymore. Looks like they are focused only on new players.

I am seriously considering "End Game" after the "End Game" month. After taking my 5* Venom to R5, I have realized that it will be years before I can do any kind of ranking that will make a difference in my team. Acquiring the necessary resources to rank a 5* to R5 takes way too long unless you are shelling out big bucks on the game.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    Contrary to all the trolls claiming it's not possible for people to have no avengers to rank up many people just dont. That being said due to the last stand crystal drop rates being complete garbage it is just not wort worrying about. Pass on the countless hours of grinding for gold and catalysts to avoid the disapointment of getting less back in gold and catalyst fragments that you put in to ranking champs to get the Crystal's to begin with.
  • twocastlestwocastles Posts: 16
    I just want them to fix the Dungeon, so if a player ghosts, you can leave and start a new one immediately, not wait 10+ minutes. I mention it here, because there are objectives for winning in dungeons with Avengers. I avoid Dungeons for 2 reasons...one I already stated, getting stuck due to disappearing partner. Two, because there's way too much content right now, and this is way too "grindy" for low rewards. But Objectives made me want to do a few, just for something different. Why can we not just leave a room, when we click "LEAVE..." ? Where is the logic in that?
  • Angelfire_TNORAngelfire_TNOR Posts: 64
    From a user interface design perspective the need to claim the reward from the current objective in the chain is really not obvious. It really is not intuitive at all considering all the other tiered reward structures in this game do not function this way. The Alliance/Solo 1, 3, and 7 day events do not require you to select the rewards from the previous milestone to move on to the next one. The same is true for arena I can, grind from 0 all the way up to 1.5 million in the 4* basic arena without claiming rewards immediately. I can claim them all at the end if I want to and my milestone progress isn't slowed because I haven't claimed a reward. Why should this new aspect of the game behave any different.

Having ranked a 4* avenger from 3->4 and then 4->5 I was more than a little surprised to see the last objective being marked as waiting to be completed. Going back and re-reading the introductory post I can now see the line about "rewards from each object must be claimed before moving to the next objective in the chain" , but this is still not intuitive and I didn't catch it on the first time reading it. I'm sure others have faced similar issues.

A game UI that isn't consistent is really is a bug. Pointing to the original forum post and having tech support say that it is working as intended really doesn't change that.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

How can i rank up a 4* avenger if all of the avengers are already on rank 3/30 . As it is i can't get the rewards for ranking one up to rank 4 and i cant do the first one . This need fixing.

I know right. Same here. all my 5* are at R2 also. So we get penalized for already completing these accomplishments prior to these objectives. Maybe Kabam does not want seasoned summoners to be playing this game anymore. Looks like they are focused only on new players.

I am seriously considering "End Game" after the "End Game" month. After taking my 5* Venom to R5, I have realized that it will be years before I can do any kind of ranking that will make a difference in my team. Acquiring the necessary resources to rank a 5* to R5 takes way too long unless you are shelling out big bucks on the game.
    Funny. I've gone the casual route and can complete the Epic EQ consistently but not Explore it. I have four or five r4 5*s and zero shot at taking one to R5. I haven't even amassed one full t5b yet.

So doing things to help get t5b shards and coming away with junk pretty much stinks. Especially wasting resources to rank up champs you'll never use. Sorry. I'll never r4 an unduped 5* Hulk when I have an r4 duped 5* cage and maxed 4* Rulk. I wouldn't have even r2'd him right now if not for the event as I was saving the basics to R4 SL who is much more useful than an unduped hulk.
  • Murfatlar2Murfatlar2 Posts: 22

GTechNo said:

***BuG***

So, I think you really started with 25, and all 3 messages said 27->28. The 28 is correct, it's just that it didn't show them as 25-26, 26-27, 27-28.

I had the same issue, but you are correct. The only way to get them t show properly is to leave arena after each fight, then the popups will be accurate. Too much trouble...

• GTechNoGTechNo Posts: 6

GTechNo said:

***BuG***

@GTechNo , I tried these in Arena with full Avengers, even had an opponent once that was full Avengers too.
    It DOES give you proper credit for all of them. Only issue is the pop up messages do not show with your starting count, instead each of the messages starts with 1 less than you final count, and thus ends with the proper number.

@SummonerNR
    I’m really not to worried about it it was more of an FYI to Kabam. I normally track my progression before reporting an issue and it’s still an issue at least as of yesterday. This is happening in arena only at least for me but I’ve seen other people having the same issue.
  • QHungQHung Posts: 7
    edited April 2019
    @Kabam Miike I noticed something weird when I complete one objective. So, if I don't claim the rewards right after I complete one objective (let's say 1/4: the first level of 4 levels under the same objective), everything that is completed after that for the same objective isn't counted for its next level (i.e., level 2/4). One simple example is that I pull one 4* Avenger and complete the first level of that objective, I don't claim the reward, so when I open another 4* avenger, it's counted for the second level of the same objective. Is it designed that way or something wrong? Can you help to check?
    Designed that way. Sadly.
  • nito_21nito_21 Posts: 2
    great rewards buh master level difficult considering ma 4star champions
    I opened up two of the Greater crystals to see the rewards from these quest. While it spins it shows these 5* awakening gems and full T4 CC and I almost got excited but then it stops spinning.

10k Gold and 1000 4* shards. :neutral:

Look like the drop rates for these crystals are just as bad as other crystals. Shows you good stuff and then give you ****. Just what we needed. More crappy rewards. I can honesty say that there is definitely an imbalance of Effort to Rewards. It is like they starve us so we will always be begging for more.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    crogs said:

Funny. I've gone the casual route and can complete the Epic EQ consistently but not Explore it. I have four or five r4 5*s and zero shot at taking one to R5. I haven't even amassed one full t5b yet.

So doing things to help get t5b shards and coming away with junk pretty much stinks. Especially wasting resources to rank up champs you'll never use. Sorry. I'll never r4 an unduped 5* Hulk when I have an r4 duped 5* cage and maxed 4* Rulk. I wouldn't have even r2'd him right now if not for the event as I was saving the basics to R4 SL who is much more useful than an unduped hulk.
    Like me, you’ve been around this game a long time. What is interesting to me is being an in-betweener on content more frequently than I used to be: solo objectives clearly aren’t designed for veterans, but things like the Maze and other top tier content can be out of reach or an uncomfortable stretch.

Certainly, there’s a business need to develop newer player populations as well as to create content and products that milk cash “COWs.” In-betweeners, who may have dropped most or all of AW or AQ and are either F2P or occasional spenders, basically just take up server space without generating substantial return—which is why I suspect there’s not a specific effort to generate items or content for that segment.

Ultimately, it’s fine—the game can still be enjoyable even at a relaxed level. But it risks terminal boredom for long-term players when prizes are either things those players haven’t needed for a long-while or require significant further investment of real and virtual resources.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

crogs said:

Like me, you’ve been around this game a long time. What is interesting to me is being an in-betweener on content more frequently than I used to be: solo objectives clearly aren’t designed for veterans, but things like the Maze and other top tier content can be out of reach or an uncomfortable stretch.

Certainly, there’s a business need to develop newer player populations as well as to create content and products that milk cash “COWs.” In-betweeners, who may have dropped most or all of AW or AQ and are either F2P or occasional spenders, basically just take up server space without generating substantial return—which is why I suspect there’s not a specific effort to generate items or content for that segment.

Ultimately, it’s fine—the game can still be enjoyable even at a relaxed level. But it risks terminal boredom for long-term players when prizes are either things those players haven’t needed for a long-while or require significant further investment of real and virtual resources.

Dr. Zola
    Yep. Not able to tackle endgame content. Can handle the most of the high end monthly challenges to a degree. Can autofight into master EQ with our level of champs. That tweener is a tough spot to be in. I've sat for over three months on trying to R4 my 5* SL. I'm still two T4 Tech away. I've done as much content as I can to collect shards, use loyalty for shards and so on. Meanwhile I had other classes in the stash. Even resorted to the trade in and just got **** and lost T4C in the process. The road gets quite long when the content isn't enjoyable. This month is going to be a long month. But the weather is nice the bike and boat call so all is good.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

This isn’t the biggest deal but it’s embarrassing at how obvious the lack of QA/QC is happening at Kabam.

On a more positive note I really love these objectives and although the rewards are smaller in some cases, they are really great considering it’s stuff you would do normally anyway. Keep up the great work on this and keep them coming!
  • diRtyShaftdiRtyShaft Posts: 9
    edited April 2019
    ChrisOcz said:

@Kabam Miike
    What happens if we can’t fulfill the objectives because we already did so prior to the event. For example, one objective requires to rank up 4* Avengers to rank 2. I can’t complete that because all of them are already at rank 3 or higher.

Yes, exactly! Give us RankDown tickets specifically for Avengers!
  • V1PER1987 said:

This isn’t the biggest deal but it’s embarrassing at how obvious the lack of QA/QC is happening at Kabam.

On a more positive note I really love these objectives and although the rewards are smaller in some cases, they are really great considering it’s stuff you would do normally anyway. Keep up the great work on this and keep them coming!

What was the issue ??

Also, I had started going thru claiming the ACT-3 Objective that just came out, then was gonna save the rest since they had Refills I don't need right away.
    Came back in and they all went away, and I see are now granted in lump sum in Mail Msg now, haha. Which saves the time of clicking them all.

Although I thought I saw an ALLIANCE HELP Objective (before it went away), did that get rolled into mail msg as well (for experienced players to not have to worry about) ???
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

V1PER1987 said:

What was the issue ??

Also, I had started going thru claiming the ACT-3 Objective that just came out, then was gonna save the rest since they had Refills I don't need right away.
    Came back in and they all went away, and I see are now granted in lump sum in Mail Msg now, haha. Which saves the time of clicking them all.

Although I thought I saw an ALLIANCE HELP Objective (before it went away), did that get rolled into mail msg as well (for experienced players to not have to worry about) ???
    The issue is each milestone says one number but the counter is another number. Ie it says 15 dodges but the counter is 20.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    DrZola said:

crogs said:

Dr. Zola
    This is way more complicated than I'm suggesting here, but there is a general idea that if we break up all players everywhere into three very coarse groups: "beginners," "in-betweeners," and "end gamers" then the player distribution is going to look like an inverted horseshoe. Relatively few players will be all the way at the start or all the way at the end, and most players will bunch up in the middle. The game actually balances progression around those middle players - content like the monthly quests and the progressional rewards. It is really the players at the far ends of the spectrum that need anything "special" - end game players by definition have exhausted the majority of the progressional system, and players perennially stuck at the beginning have obviously somehow failed to benefit from the progressional system (or they wouldn't be stuck in the early parts of the game for any length of time). Some spread out of the players is reasonable and unavoidable, but game developers will try to keep them from spreading out too far.

As a result, it can seem like beginners and end gamers get way more special attention, because they sort of do. Beginners get a lot of benefit from things like the calendar (at least the main one, which gives the same rewards to everyone, which is proportionately higher benefit for lower players), or things like Gwenpool at the Movies which is content very obviously intended for the vast majority of players to complete for intermediate rewards. And end game players get end game content. But end game players actually tend to get content that has less rewards relative to effort or difficulty, because it is important to satisfy two conditions: make content appropriate to their strength, but also push them *inward* towards the middle.

The core fundamental parts of the game are designed specifically with the "in-betweeners" in mind, and as long as those players are progressing forward the game is functioning as intended. But because this works almost invisibly, it can seem like they get the least attention. In fact, they get the most attention in the sense that the entire primary reward and progress system is designed specifically with them in mind.
    @DNA3000 I agree with your statement. The biggest problem in the game is how long you have to wait to advance once you have 3 or 4 R4 5* and a couple of 6 stars. It takes so long to rank up a 5* to R5. I have finally done that by ranking up my 5* Venom to R5 and feel like my team will not get any better anytime soon so whats the point of playing if you can not advance. It becomes a very long wait at this level. After playing with my Maxed 5* Venom, I have also realized that players that have a few maxed 5* have got it so easy. My Venom blows through content now.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Hi Kabam.

Can we stop by any means the pop ups from the objectives ?
    It takes arena several more clicks to pick a fighter with the various objectives popping up showing progress from each objective.
  • Alo
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

crogs said:

Dr. Zola
    This is way more complicated than I'm suggesting here, but there is a general idea that if we break up all players everywhere into three very coarse groups: "beginners," "in-betweeners," and "end gamers" then the player distribution is going to look like an inverted horseshoe. Relatively few players will be all the way at the start or all the way at the end, and most players will bunch up in the middle. The game actually balances progression around those middle players - content like the monthly quests and the progressional rewards. It is really the players at the far ends of the spectrum that need anything "special" - end game players by definition have exhausted the majority of the progressional system, and players perennially stuck at the beginning have obviously somehow failed to benefit from the progressional system (or they wouldn't be stuck in the early parts of the game for any length of time). Some spread out of the players is reasonable and unavoidable, but game developers will try to keep them from spreading out too far.

As a result, it can seem like beginners and end gamers get way more special attention, because they sort of do. Beginners get a lot of benefit from things like the calendar (at least the main one, which gives the same rewards to everyone, which is proportionately higher benefit for lower players), or things like Gwenpool at the Movies which is content very obviously intended for the vast majority of players to complete for intermediate rewards. And end game players get end game content. But end game players actually tend to get content that has less rewards relative to effort or difficulty, because it is important to satisfy two conditions: make content appropriate to their strength, but also push them *inward* towards the middle.

The core fundamental parts of the game are designed specifically with the "in-betweeners" in mind, and as long as those players are progressing forward the game is functioning as intended. But because this works almost invisibly, it can seem like they get the least attention. In fact, they get the most attention in the sense that the entire primary reward and progress system is designed specifically with them in mind.
    Oversimplification, yes. But also directionally accurate—like a lot of things, I would bet the distribution of all MCOC players looks something like a standard normal.

Major issue: the big, fat middle is a ton of very different segments. It’s my firm conviction that the game satisfaction of most in-betweeners declines the closer they are to the endgamer segment. Why is that? Probably as many reasons as there are data points in that segment.

Dr. Zola
    crogs said:

DrZola said:

crogs said:

Dr. Zola
    Yep. Not able to tackle endgame content. Can handle the most of the high end monthly challenges to a degree. Can autofight into master EQ with our level of champs. That tweener is a tough spot to be in. I've sat for over three months on trying to R4 my 5* SL. I'm still two T4 Tech away. I've done as much content as I can to collect shards, use loyalty for shards and so on. Meanwhile I had other classes in the stash. Even resorted to the trade in and just got **** and lost T4C in the process. The road gets quite long when the content isn't enjoyable. This month is going to be a long month. But the weather is nice the bike and boat call so all is good.
    Bike and boat...good call.

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    DrZola said:

Major issue: the big, fat middle is a ton of very different segments. It’s my firm conviction that the game satisfaction of most in-betweeners declines the closer they are to the endgamer segment. Why is that? Probably as many reasons as there are data points in that segment.

Dr. Zola

Some of this is probably unavoidable. In every game I've played for any length of time, at some point if you are an above average player (which I believe I usually am) you'll outrace the middle average players and edge towards or into end game territory. And I've generally only seen three kinds of end game in games like this. PvP-focused end game, where essentially the players drive their own arms-race based end game. "Raid-based" end game, where the developers pop out new content only possible for the very best of the best to participate in. And sandboxes, where the end game players effectively become gods roaming the gaming landscape making up their own fun. Players who want focused progressional-like gameplay indefinitely have to hope that they are below average progressers. If they are, they will get progressional content forever (or until shutdown). Above average progressers eventually outrace progressional content, get bored, and quit, or settle into one of the above end game situations. I don't think a game with finite development resources can support anything else.