**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Auto-opening old crystals

This is very obsurd. We have been saving crystals for years of playing this game because either they are no use to us as of now or because We like to do major openings. I am not going to open my tier 4 class catalyst crystals and just have them expire because “it ruins the servers” what kind of silly excuse is that? They are my hard earned rewards and I would like to use them as I please and when i have use of them. I don’t understand why Kabam wants to control everything, even the players. Do not blame us for your servers because we are holding crystals lol, that’s pathetic. You are driving players away with these lame methods and excuses. If we are putting our time and money into this game to receive the rewards, you have no right to use them for us. Please stop trying to have control over us.
Sincerely,
Your Players

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Below is a list of Crystals that will be affected:

2-Star Infinity Chaos Crystal
    2-Star Punisher Crystal
    2-Star Civil War Crystal
    2-Star Wakandan Crystal
    3-Star 2017 Nostalgia Crystal
    3-Star Black Order Crystal
    3-Star Omega Crystal
    4-Star Binding Crystal
    4-Star Liberty Crystal
    4-Star Omega Crystal
    5-Star Binding Crystal
    Alliance Arena Crystal
    Alliance Quest Crystal (These are not Map Crystals)
    Blue Faction Hero Crystal
    Chosen Champion Crystal
    Civil War Crystal
    Clash Crystal
    Colossal Crystal
    Community's Choice Crystal
    Contest of Champions Crystal
    Crystal Shard Crystal (YOLO Edition)
    Discord Crystal
    Faction Shard Crystal
    Furocious Crystal
    Greater Blue Faction Hero Crystal
    Greater Initiative Crystal
    Greater Iron Faction Hero Crystal
    Greater Liberty Crystal
    Guillotine Crystal
    Half-Inch Crystal
    Heavyweight Crystal
    Holiday Crystal
    Infinity Chaos Crystal
    Initiative Crystal
    Iron Faction Hero Crystal
    Iso-8 Crystal
    Legendary Infinity Chaos Crystal
    Lesser Initiative Crystal
    Lesser Liberty Crystal
    Liberty Crystal
    Logan Crystal
    Long Live the King Crystal
    Omega Crystal
    Rivalry Crystal
    Soul Boost Crystal
    Strife Crystal
    Summoner's Choice Crystal
    Support Team Crystal
    Team Blue Crystal
    Team Iron Crystal
    Ultimate Alliance War Defense Crystal
    Ultimate Blue Faction Hero Crystal
    Ultimate Deadpool (X-force) Crystal
    Ultimate Infinity Chaos Crystal
    Ultimate Inhumans Crystal
    Ultimate Iron Faction Hero Crystal
    Ultimate Liberty Crystal
    Ultimate Sentinel Crystal
    Ultimate Skull and Bones Crystal
    Ultimate Strange Crystal
    Ultimate Team Blue Crystal
    Ultimate Team Iron Crystal
    Ultimate Upper Deck Crystal
    Ultimate Wolverine Crystal
    Wakandan Jewel Crystal
    Warring Factions Crystal
    X-gene Crystal
    Any Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal Released Prior to 2019
    Any Previous Dungeon Crystal
  • TbonneTbonne Posts: 46
    This is sad it will not do anything but screw use out of saving thing we will need later and if we buy or earn Crystals we need to decide when to open them not kaboom
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    You might as well open the old ones for SA points rather than waiting as Kabam not confirmed if you will get points when they are opened by them.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 ★★★
    Just open your crystals for crying out loud! Especially if it’s causing issues in the game for everyone else.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

@BrianGrant **breathes intensifies** :D

@Kabam Miike is this safe?

Or was it accidentally not put on the list, since that sucker is 3 years old at least.
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★

Not my baby! 😔
    Izze_King said:

Not my baby! 😔

I’m gobsmacked! That is quite the will you have to leave that one sitting around.
    It is the last of it’s kind. They don’t make features like this anymore. Any idea when I have till?
    edited April 2019
    Izze_King said:

It is the last of it’s kind. They don’t make features like this anymore. Any idea when I have till?

No, but if I had to guess I would give it a week or two before it’s gone.

*”We will be taking this action within the next few weeks and wanted to let you know well in advance.”

So more like 3-4 weeks.
  • Leaving a potential 5* Void off the table because you'd rather still look at the unopened crystal ? Haha.

I actually thought the older version of AQ Map crystals (previous season ones before contents for new ones were increased) would have been included as well (looks like they can continue to hang around).

As to OP, they are not automatically opening CURRENT crystals like T4CC Frag ones just because people might have a stockpile of them. When people need a particular T4CC they might have to open up a bunch of those to get enough to form whole ones. That is not being taken away by this.

Izze_King said:

No, but if I had to guess I would give it a week or two before it’s gone.

*”We will be taking this action within the next few weeks and wanted to let you know well in advance.”

So more like 3-4 weeks.
    Ok. Guess I better clear some space on my phone for this video. I have a lot of opening to do. 😂

Leaving a potential 5* Void off the table because you'd rather still look at the unopened crystal ? Haha.

I actually thought the older version of AQ Map crystals (previous season ones before contents for new ones were increased) would have been included as well (looks like they can continue to hang around).

As to OP, they are not automatically opening CURRENT crystals like T4CC Frag ones just because people might have a stockpile of them. When people need a particular T4CC they might have to open up a bunch of those to get enough to form whole ones. That is not being taken away by this.

Yeah I know. A lot of people think I’m crazy for the amount of crystals I hadn’t opened. Especially that one. Back then I also feared of getting 💩 so I just avoided it all together. 😂 Guess I’ll find out soon enough if it was worth it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Might be time to invest in some Galoshes? LOL.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I have well over 6K crystals, nothing compared to many. But don't think any of my crystals are on the list

But if crystal hoarding is a major cause to server performance than maybe Kabam should remove expiration on many items, doesn't make a great deal of sense anyways. I for one only hoard to prevent things from going into over flow and either expiring or forcing me to have to use/sell them.

EDIT: at least to me in doesn't make sense (for some items)
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    R4GE said:

I have well over 6K crystals, nothing compared to many. But don't think any of my crystals are on the list

But if crystal hoarding is a major cause to server performance than maybe Kabam should remove expiration on many items, doesn't make a great deal of sense anyways. I for one only hoard to prevent things from going into over flow and either expiring or forcing me to have to use/sell them.

You can try on a new account. Apparently the loading times seem faster when you compare an account with no crystals with an account that has over 10k crystals.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    This is kind of absurd to auto open these crystals without the following:

1) Dramatically increased inventory cap for rewards which will come out of these crystals.
    2) An option to automatically converting these inventory items to Gold.

The Inventory caps and how painful it is to go through inventory to sell items is why so many have ended up hording crystals.
    R4GE said:

I do not think it is about quantity of crystals. It’s likely more to do with redundant crystals needing to be “verified” when the servers checks/loads your account.

Think of each type of crystal needing to be loaded and verified by server every time you log in. It’s a lot of load being put on the servers for no good reason.

The quanity of each type of crystal is always one point (one number).
    I mean, they have stated that hoarding is not healthy, which I tend to agree with. However, I don't think this is directly related to that. I just think they're purging old Crystals on the server.

I mean, they have stated that hoarding is not healthy, which I tend to agree with. However, I don't think this is directly related to that. I just think they're purging old Crystals on the server.

Well, disappointment is bad for my personal health. Opening crystals tends to be highly disappointing. So hoarding seems good for my health LOL
    RNGesus giveth, and RNGesus taketh away. LOL.

R4GE said:

I do not think it is about quantity of crystals. It’s likely more to do with redundant crystals needing to be “verified” when the servers checks/loads your account.

Think of each type of crystal needing to be loaded and verified by server every time you log in. It’s a lot of load being put on the servers for no good reason.

The quanity of each type of crystal is always one point (one number).
    That makes a bit more sense to me.

But at the same time I do feel like Kabam puts us in these awkward positions to hoard a lot of what we get. Maybe not so much with the crystals listed, but with many of them (like PHC)
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I understand people's frustration with this, but we are talking about some old crystals here that should have been opened a while ago. If by removing them from the game entirely helps with performance I think we should all be happy with the effort. They are also auto-opening rather than just deleting on a given date which means their intentions are good, if they weren't they would say on X/XX/XX the crystals will be gone use it or lose it.

To take it a step further, there are an uncountable number of inactive accounts with years worth of inactivity and in some cases the alliances they are in. I think Kabam would be wise to go through those and purge the accounts. Every account is linked to an email address, email out and inform the user of the upcoming purge and if they do not log in by a certain time frame the account is gone. I think it is safe to say anyone that has not used their account in a full year with a advanced notice email has moved on.