**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW - Tier 1, Magik Soloed?

Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
So we are currently in a war with an alliance and our opponent took out a 4/55 Magik boss (MD 5) with 0 kills with a 4/55 DV. Is this at all possible? I could see another Magik doing it with power lock, but I can't see DV doing it. I have tried before with my 4/55 and to no avail. He gets wiped out by limbo by the time he reaches L2. So I am asking you guys if this sounds reasonable.

PS I have had a 4* DV since release, and like I said, I have a 4/55 one too, so I know what he can do.

Comments

• NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Possible.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Possible Yep. If he use a sp1. To get in one a Odd combos first tjent he Can bulid the så2 after and ther he Mabye get Lucking magiks not get Thah many proc limbos
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Not saying I could do it but transfer brother Daniel to magik to reduce chance of limbo by 50% with some lucky rng it could be possible
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    edited August 2017
    why would this not be reasonable?

if the player keeps magik to l1 her ability to proc limbo is signifcantly less. the duration of limbo is next to nothing, all the while dv is regen-ing. magiks l1 is easily missed with out proc-ing dex and triggering md.

id say any skilled player coukd take out magik solo. get enough stacks or laos to convert and id say its more than possible. dvs power burn over time can be a nasty thing.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Brother Daniel + Power burn + Regen = Possible.

I probably couldn't do it though.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    Brother Daniel + Pacify + Power burn + Regen = Possible.

Pacify does not work on the boss.

Ok thank you all for your input. I guess they just have 3 skilled players or 1 guy fighting on all 3 accounts.
  • WARICK99WARICK99 Posts: 44
    Very possible. A guy in my bg wrecks Magik boss with his 4/55 DV all the time.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    Brother Daniel + Pacify + Power burn + Regen = Possible.

Pacify does not work on the boss.

Ok thank you all for your input. I guess they just have 3 skilled players or 1 guy fighting on all 3 accounts.

Yeah, caught that after I posted. Edited. My mistake.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Very possible. My alliance mates that have a 4/55 voodoo always solo 4/55 magik with 5/5 MD
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Plus voodoo can convert all he resistances on that node to poison for a lot of damage over time
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Totally possible
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Once he gets an L2, DV can keep Magik at zero power indefinitely
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Boss Magik is easier than left mini, the debuff immune leaves you incapable of controlling power. Both can be solo'd, but main boss is a bit easier.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Lots of people can solo 4/55 magik bosses now seen 4 star doctor voodoos kill a boss with only time out no actual deaths. Archangel, gwenpool elektra and a couple more in the right hands are more than capable of absolutely tearing through Magiks even as 4 stars
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Sp1 on odd and if he had placed some loas his md will fill his power back up leading to a quicker sp2. You can bait her heavy so you don't trigger MD and after power burn is applied use intercept.
  • Average_PlayerAverage_Player Posts: 80
    I've seen an R4 WS solo a Magik boss in T1 AW
    I knew Magik was able to. That's surprising that a WS can, too. Especially since he triggers MD.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Reducing ability accuracy works in 3 different ways against Limbo:
    - Avoids Limbo from triggering
    - Limbo triggers, but there is no damage
    - Limbo triggers, with or without damage, but magik doesn't recover any health.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Aw boss even in teir 1 is no longer hard.. notice most people are hitting attack with 3xr4 5* and blasting 90%+ of map.. a 4* AA can drop magik boss once neutoxin kicks in she is easy
  • MrW3Ak___MrW3Ak___ Posts: 43
    edited August 2017
    So we are currently in a war with an alliance and our opponent took out a 4/55 Magik boss (MD 5) with 0 kills with a 4/55 DV. Is this at all possible? I could see another Magik doing it with power lock, but I can't see DV doing it. I have tried before with my 4/55 and to no avail. He gets wiped out by limbo by the time he reaches L2. So I am asking you guys if this sounds reasonable.

PS I have had a 4* DV since release, and like I said, I have a 4/55 one too, so I know what he can do.

My man if you have an r4 voodoo and you're not soloing magik then you don't deserve him

PS Oh and no, you clearly don't know what he can do
    edited August 2017
    MrW3Ak___ wrote: »

My man if you have an r4 voodoo and you're not soloing magik then you don't deserve him

PS Oh and no, you clearly don't know what he can do

Says you. Maybe I just suck? I don't see why this called for a personal attack.
    Morgan wrote: »
    You can solo magik with gwenpool and just as 4* on top (couple boosts hp needed there), all ya need is some initial luck. if you get out with l2 on half hp or still a decent chunk to bare the eventual block dmg, you're set.

I might just be getting bad luck then. I always forget about boosts, too. I guess it's significant enough to mention.
  • Yes it's possible. Dr voodoo can reduce the ability of the opponent using his sig ability, so magik won't active limbo so much. The boss in war have a lot of buff, the l1 of dr voodoo will inflict a lot of damage by poison, and the power drain of dr vooodoo could be very usefull.. with MD he would use a lot of special attacks.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Yeah Dr Voodoo is a good champ once he gets going & Archangel can do it too
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    So, remember Magik's limbo counts as a healing ability. If you have despair and stack poison on her she will die as long as you live through the limbo.

Voodoo might actually be one of her best counters, right next to Archangel, although several others can do it as well including Guillotine.