**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

NAMELESS THANOS

as a very casual and average player of marvel contest of champions , I do not own any fancy 5 stars at rank 5 or any 5 stars at rank 4. My maximum champion is little over 5000 PI and I have practically no god tier champions to my name. ( The ones I do have need to be awakened ) . I do not spend money on the game meaning I am always very low on unites meaning I cannot purchase and potions or revives ever. With no stable way to farm gold it is difficult for a player like me to get enough to level up champions. From my last 3 5 star crystals I have received 3 hulkbusters which does not help me in any way shape or form. The 440 4 star champions I own need to be awakened in order to have any value and with such a huge number of champions in the game it takes a long time to awaken a specific 4 star , being that there is no stable way to get awakening gems.

This brings me to the Thanos in the new monthly event quest, I am halfway through act 5.3 but are still struggling to even keep up with the master version of nameless thanos. His first two modes are great, they are fun and interactive but still pose a challenge. But the third and final mode of thanos is absolutely ridiculous , it is very difficult to attack him as he is stun immune and takes no damage at all from any source until he is intercepted. The CPU rarely throws the dash attack and normally kills your champs with 1 special 3 ( which he gains instantly ).

the rewards do not match up with the difficulty of the quest at all and I just wanted to voice my concerns about the game at this point in time.

Comments

• Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Dash intercept is a difficult technique but u have to learn it at some point of time
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    Belfigor said:

that is the reason kabam did this, so only whales can walk thru it and rest will buy revies so kabam can buy a new apartment in Monaco or something :o
    most ppl who run uncollected anyway does it with 5*r3 so then facing a 600k k thanos that you must fart around and do specific thing is just a pay wall from kabam, they know many ppl who got through 3.1 and gets to 3.2 will feel they "only" have to defeat thanos to complete 3.2 and in frustrating a high percent will throw money at kabam for potions....
    it is what happens with all "free2play" games, look at Game of War....the top 10 in my alliance spend around 10 000-25000 dollar a MONTH....and we were not even top 100 alliance....
    Greed destroy all "free2play" games given enough time......except maybe wargaming? they seem to still be playable free

Dash intercept is a difficult technique but u have to learn it at some point of time

and how do you calculate the kabam server lag/android stutter? it means the intercept timing is different every time
    Hate to break it to you but if you can’t intercept then buying units won’t do you any good.
  • @Drooped2 seems pretty close, lol
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    I haven’t reached The nameless Thanos chapter yet, but I wonder if he’s immune to Iceman’s frostbite? Would iceman also survive Thanos’s sp3?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    roberto94 said:

I haven’t reached The nameless Thanos chapter yet, but I wonder if he’s immune to Iceman’s frostbite? Would iceman also survive Thanos’s sp3?

No, the armor break won't let him tank a SP3 I believe.
  • ackrite26ackrite26 Posts: 51
    roberto94 said:

Phase 3 Thanos removes armour buffs so ice man ice no good.

• NanosamaNanosama Posts: 53
    I’m no godlike player, but after 20+ tries and only 5 40% single revives (200 units), I managed to defeat him. It was very frustrating at first but you have to keep trying, the practice pays off.

I found during phase 2 that trying to dodge the 1st ray of the special attack messed my dodging for the following orbs and decided to block afterwards.

roberto94 said:

ackrite26 said:

roberto94 said:

But what about frostbite? Still would damage Thanos?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 9,894 ★★★★★
    roberto94 said:

roberto94 said:

ackrite26 said:

roberto94 said:

But what about frostbite? Still would damage Thanos?
    No It wild not
  • MabkaZuckMabkaZuck Posts: 80
    Use Hype Sparky Blade Ghost rider and Heimdall
    Piece of cake..
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★

@Belfigor did it with one 20% revive. Completely F2P. Get good

Please quit lying to people

Please quit over estimating yourself . Loads of people have done with without even using a 20% revive . Get good is the only truth here.
    Does anyone here have an stats description of Nameless Thanos so I can read it?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,622 ★★★★★
    Short path and a long time.

Same as last time.

• Tim1234Tim1234 Posts: 162

as a very casual and average player of marvel contest of champions , I do not own any fancy 5 stars at rank 5 or any 5 stars at rank 4. My maximum champion is little over 5000 PI and I have practically no god tier champions to my name. ( The ones I do have need to be awakened ) . I do not spend money on the game meaning I am always very low on unites meaning I cannot purchase and potions or revives ever. With no stable way to farm gold it is difficult for a player like me to get enough to level up champions. From my last 3 5 star crystals I have received 3 hulkbusters which does not help me in any way shape or form. The 440 4 star champions I own need to be awakened in order to have any value and with such a huge number of champions in the game it takes a long time to awaken a specific 4 star , being that there is no stable way to get awakening gems.

This brings me to the Thanos in the new monthly event quest, I am halfway through act 5.3 but are still struggling to even keep up with the master version of nameless thanos. His first two modes are great, they are fun and interactive but still pose a challenge. But the third and final mode of thanos is absolutely ridiculous , it is very difficult to attack him as he is stun immune and takes no damage at all from any source until he is intercepted. The CPU rarely throws the dash attack and normally kills your champs with 1 special 3 ( which he gains instantly ).

the rewards do not match up with the difficulty of the quest at all and I just wanted to voice my concerns about the game at this point in time.

It’s true nameless Thanos is bugged ... he hardly dashes ... why are these developers soooo inconsiderate at least any attack intercepted should surfice beat nameless and the one second space to hit him is almost impossible except for a third special ... this game sucks
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    edited April 2019
    roberto94 said:

Does anyone here have an stats description of Nameless Thanos so I can read it?

@roberto94

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

@Belfigor did it with one 20% revive. Completely F2P. Get good

Please quit lying to people

Please quit over estimating yourself . Loads of people have done with without even using a 20% revive . Get good is the only truth here.
    Overestimating myself says the guy lying to people
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,248 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

....From my last 3 5 star crystals I have received 3 hulkbusters which does not help me in any way shape or form. ...

Hulkbuster is an Avenger, you know. Giving him access to that ability to survive Thanos's SP3s. He's absurdly tanky, and has a surprisingly powerful SP3 himself, for that 1-second window you get to hurry Thanos. Maybe you should reconsider him for this challenge?

...I do not spend money on the game meaning I am always very low on unites meaning I cannot purchase and potions or revives ever. ....

You don't spend any money on the game?
    Well that's your choice. It's a simple rule - you need to apply one or more of (1) time, (2) skill or (3) money. You decide which.

Not spending money is no excuse for always being low on units? Substitute time for money:
    • Grind the arena.
    • Autoplay the Easy and Normal EQ for extra units and resources
    • Earn units in the 23-hr solo events and 3-day Alliance events
    You can earn units endlessly those ways. I do. I'm completely FTP and try to keep 10,000-15,000 units in the bank for special offers. Also try to stockpile a couple of hundred 4-hr crystals for revive and healing potions.

I am halfway through act 5.3 but still struggling to even keep up with the master version of nameless thanos.

So what's the rush? You've got six weeks. Watch some videos, practice, and take your time. I'm clearing Chapters 1-2 of Master and Uncollected at the moment and deliberately haven't gone anywhere near Thanos yet. I'm going to let the YouTubers do some research for me, and the MCOC community give me some pointers, and take him down in a few weeks. That's what I did last time, and I'll do it again this time. Just be more patient.

And seriously, consider Hulkbuster more useful in this particular situation than, say, my last two (Featured) 5* pulls of King Groot and Punisher 2099.
    @Pizzabeat thanks a lot!
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I look at your description of yourself as a player and I'm thinking: Not ready, accept that you can't win everything in a super casual way. Winning EQ one month does not guarantee you can tackle anything.

I am 100% A5, good deal into Variant, have done every EQa few good 5* but certainly no Deep roster. I have accomplished feats above my roster's capabilities because I put in effort. I practice and I study champs' abilities. With the right champs for a certain quest, r3 5* / R5 4* can go a long way.

And with everything I've done, Thanos is too much for me. I tried the fight four times, never got him below 87% and figured: Even if I got better after 25 tries, I still can't do this item free.

So forget it, I'll skip this one. No harm done. KABAM set a challenge that I can't meet and am u willing to invest in what needs to be I vested. You win KABAM...this time...well played. I'll be back next month. And I won't whine.
  • The_Mighty_ToeThe_Mighty_Toe Posts: 132

So forget it, I'll skip this one. No harm done. KABAM set a challenge that I can't meet and am u willing to invest in what needs to be I vested. You win KABAM...this time...well played. I'll be back next month. And I won't whine.

It's clearly bugged on the nameless boss fight. I have gotten him down to 67% twice using nothing but one boost but he breaks my combo's, he can stretch across screen and even when I see dexterity pop up four times my toon is still hit by his first part of SP1 and finished off by the 2nd part. It's not fun so I'm passing on this one too.

• RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★

If you beat 5.2 with 4/40 and lower unawakend 4*s, and have no r4 or r5 5*s, without many pots or revives, I would think ol Nameless Thanos wouldnt be too much trouble. I had a team of max sig 4* 5/50 gods and demi gods and it took me awhile and some parts I had to definitely use some major revives.
    I would fight this Thanos all day rather than go back to 5.2.4. That was way more difficult. You CAN do it. Where you are in the game with the roster youve described AND free to play on top of that. You got some skillz!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 said:

I look at your description of yourself as a player and I'm thinking: Not ready, accept that you can't win everything in a super casual way. Winning EQ one month does not guarantee you can tackle anything.

I am 100% A5, good deal into Variant, have done every EQa few good 5* but certainly no Deep roster. I have accomplished feats above my roster's capabilities because I put in effort. I practice and I study champs' abilities. With the right champs for a certain quest, r3 5* / R5 4* can go a long way.

And with everything I've done, Thanos is too much for me. I tried the fight four times, never got him below 87% and figured: Even if I got better after 25 tries, I still can't do this item free.

Spoken like a true man. Kudos to you.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    So truth is I want counter one statement. Awakening gems are plenty abunant in this game. The my top 7 5 stars are awaken Ed from a gem(I never get lucky and am F2P) and I have ample 4* in my stash.

With Thanos make sure you are using avenger. Cap IW if you have him.

But honestly in master they should require a skill like intercepting as much. This shows a lack of understanding form the designers of skill level to the modes
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★

It's clearly bugged on the nameless boss fight. I have gotten him down to 67% twice using nothing but one boost but he breaks my combo's, he can stretch across screen and even when I see dexterity pop up four times my toon is still hit by his first part of SP1 and finished off by the 2nd part. It's not fun so I'm passing on this one too.

Nice how you state that it is bugged with examples that are not experienced by everyone. It is likely device performance or player performance. I've had these rants, and most of the time it was lag. Sometimes it was my own ignorance of abilities.

Remember when everyone said that Domino was Block breaking? Turned out to be a lack of understanding from the players' side of things, as DDD very clearly and excellently illustrated.