**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why juggs is not immune to uc thanos inverted controls?

I just now fought uc thanos to find this out. Can somebody enlighten me, What part of his abilities says inverted controls can't be negated? And even if so, juggs is immune to it, isn't he? No node or ability can ever negate an immunity, can it?

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Juggs isn't immune to inverted controls. That easter-egg is just an interaction with Emma Frost, and maybe with the delirium node itself

Shouldn't you read Emma frost spotlight before commenting?
    Thonas is not mind. Ther doss it that migt be why. But. Reaone he’s imuns to Emma is becasse she can’t get in he head
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I feel like they could add the ability to be immune to inverted controls. Just a little buff, kind of like the rhino mini buff (unstoppable/unblockable first medium).
  • Gamer said:

Juggs isn't immune to inverted controls. That easter-egg is just an interaction with Emma Frost, and maybe with the delirium node itself

Shouldn't you read Emma frost spotlight before commenting?
    Thonas is not mind. Ther doss it that migt be why. But. Reaone he’s imuns to Emma is becasse she can’t get in he head
    You can't be mindless and use mind control at the same time. That would be an insane justification.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★

@TeriGaandMeKaddu Then what is this?
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    edited April 2019
    Juggs as Magneto, thanks to their helmets are immune to telepathic/mind alterations therefore immune to Emma Frost or Delirium

Thanos however (if I remember correctly) controls reality itseld with the gems, and therefore they are not immune.

I live when they do this things with certain character, like Daredevil immune to Hood & Darkhawks invisibility.
  • WrathfulRavenWrathfulRaven Posts: 74
    I wonder if Mister Sinister is immune to it then. Isn’t he supposed to be immune to control inverting?
  • xandersrevengexandersrevenge Posts: 267
    edited April 2019
    Is anyone immune to inverted control? Has anyone tried mordo or black panther with his stun reflection?
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    I read on Sinisters bio that he can block, unblockable attacks.

I’m just waiting for the release of the character with the “passive” unblockable attack to come out.
  • I wonder if Mister Sinister is immune to it then. Isn’t he supposed to be immune to control inverting?

Yep, Mister Sinister is immune to reversed controls. As for the earlier questions about Juggernaut and Magneto's interaction with Emma Frost, this is an Easter egg alluding to the fact that their helmets were specifically designed to protect them from psychic effects like mind reading or mind control. Since Emma Frost uses her psychic powers to mind control her opponents and reverse their controls, they are protected from this ability of Emma's. Since Thanos uses the power of the Infinity Stones to reverse controls, rather than any psychic powers he has, Juggernaut and Magneto wouldn't be immune to this effect.
    Marvel.com says, "The Mind Stone allows its user to enhance their mind, awaken or heighten psionic abilities like telepathy and telekinesis". That means essentially thanos does use his psychic powers to mind control. You need to concede atleast this much. Now, if your rebuttal is that Juggs is immune to basic mind control and not a buffed mind control then that would be a fallacious argument because it's an immunity and not a reducible ability. I think in all fairness juggs needs atleast this much otherwise he's a complete dud on both offence and defence. And it's not like this ability makes him a ground breaking offensive champ.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

I wonder if Mister Sinister is immune to it then. Isn’t he supposed to be immune to control inverting?

Yep, Mister Sinister is immune to reversed controls. As for the earlier questions about Juggernaut and Magneto's interaction with Emma Frost, this is an Easter egg alluding to the fact that their helmets were specifically designed to protect them from psychic effects like mind reading or mind control. Since Emma Frost uses her psychic powers to mind control her opponents and reverse their controls, they are protected from this ability of Emma's. Since Thanos uses the power of the Infinity Stones to reverse controls, rather than any psychic powers he has, Juggernaut and Magneto wouldn't be immune to this effect.
    Marvel.com says, "The Mind Stone allows its user to enhance their mind, awaken or heighten psionic abilities like telepathy and telekinesis". That means essentially thanos does use his psychic powers to mind control. You need to concede atleast this much. Now, if your rebuttal is that Juggs is immune to basic mind control and not a buffed mind control then that would be a fallacious argument because it's an immunity and not a reducible ability. I think in all fairness juggs needs atleast this much otherwise he's a complete dud on both offence and defence. And it's not like this ability makes him a ground breaking offensive champ.
    Except that thanos may not be using the mind stone to affect juggs, but instead use the reality stone to change reality itself perhaps?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

This is one Event, lasting the duration of May, and Thanos is not likely going to be playable in this form. It really makes no sense to release a Patch to make Juggs Immune for one Event.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    The truth is, the game is designed with Movies and Comics in mind partially, but it's still balanced within itself, how they see fit.
  • I wonder if Mister Sinister is immune to it then. Isn’t he supposed to be immune to control inverting?

This is one Event, lasting the duration of May, and Thanos is not likely going to be playable in this form. It really makes no sense to release a Patch to make Juggs Immune for one Event.
    Welcome, i was wondering where's the ambush. Though you are on my blocked list, but you have shown your presence on my thread so let me make my reply.
    A) Suggestion is to make it a permanent change and not for just this one event, hence how long the event lasts doesn't matter.
    B) It makes all the sense to do this during the current event because, how often do we get a boss or mini boss with inverted controls? and if it brings some redemption to those thousands of summoners who have a 6* or 5*r4 juggs then why not?
    C) It's too early to say anything about release of a patch when so far they haven't said that they are even discussing it.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

Your forgetting one thing, the stones Thanos has aren't the regular ones we are used too, they are a new kind made by the Battlerealm
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★

Ha ha ha ha. Can you explain the logic behind unstoppable passive and active please