**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is modding a form of cheating

I know a few people who are modding in AW and in there quests is that a form of cheating and if so what happens to the alliance if someone is caught modding

Comments

• New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Can you define modding
  • Plato92Plato92 Posts: 102
    Well I told Kabam about them and so far nothing has been done
    Only other thing I can do is warn other alliances not to pick them up and if they do by accident pick them to kick them out before war or AQ starts
    Pretty much using a outside link to do anything in the game
    Just like using third party sites for discounted items or units
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Anything that can be used to modify the game files is against TOS. Yes, Modding is cheating. If you suspect someone, send a Report using the Gear Icon. Remember, investigation takes time, and they look into it thoroughly. Also remember that they won't send you a follow-up on actions taken, so just leave it with them.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    If you know fellow alliance members are modding report them to the leader or officers and remove them from your alliance. They will eventually be caught and it will hurt your alliance
    I have done both of those things
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Only a matter of time before you and them get caught and the fact that you admitted it here is going to bite y'all in the ***.

It's not immediate, it takes time for them to investigate you and your allaince and there might be one now if your opponents or your allaince reported it
    Well I am not the one cheating but I have reported them for it especially one of the for account sharing
  • How does one tell if a player is cheating or modding? Would be interesting to know in case I stumble upon one.
  • thalia_gladysthalia_gladys Posts: 9
    kabam indulge those modder
    a lot of arena botters using mod to run 24/7 automatically
    kabam never permanent ban those botter

kabam indulge those modder
    a lot of arena botters using mod to run 24/7 automatically
    kabam never permanent ban those botter

Arena Bots aren't as much of a problem as people think. Has it happened? Sure. Most cases, it's people putting up many Points. Some people have larger Rosters and spend for Recharges. Cutoffs are higher because Rosters have grown.
    Are you trying to get me going in another Thread now? You're filling in blanks to my comment to start something, and those blanks don't need to be filled in.
    I didn't say I'm not against Bots. I said they're not as prominent as people think, and they have systems in place to deal with the ones that are there. Scores are high because Rosters are larger. I don't support Bots. They're just not as common as people suspect. That's the go-to dispute when people miss the cutoff.
  • I'm shutting down this thread for multiple reasons. A simple question was asked and this is already turning into something bigger with inflammatory comments.

Using mods/third party means within our game is a violation of TOS and can result in actions taken upon an account. If you have already reported an alliance or another Summoner of doing this then it is being investigated.
This discussion has been closed.