**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus Glave & Ebony Maw is a problem

Comments

• Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    One argument for why this isnt right is that Kabam has long pretended that skill should matter in this game. Well if a fight is unwinnable such as if you use corvus against maw in War than skill is irrelevant. To have a scenario where it is impossible for one champ to beat another does not make since.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Just wanted to get in here and confirm that Ultron CANNOT beat Maw. It is literally impossible.
    After 4 hits ALL his attacks miss. Heavies. Specials. Everything.

I have to agree with OP that this is a mechanic that shouldn’t be introduced into the game. Hopefully he is the last.

There should be hard counter to champs but any champ that makes another COMPELTLEY unable to defeat him is unbalanced.

BTW I don’t have Corvus. No bias.
    Drooped2 said:

mike867 said:

Drooped2 said:

mike867 said:

mike867 said:

mike867 said:

I'm saying I'm going to reserve my judgment until I see Maw in the Arena and test myself whether or not there's absolutely no way to beat him.
    Further to that, it's not the end of the world. There are over 120+ Champs. Just don't use him. I don't consider it that groundbreaking. It's Contest of Champions, not Contest of Corvus.

Make sure once you get him, you come back to further contribute to this thread.
    Its not Contest of Corvus but it isnt supposed to be a game where 1 champion is fully immune to damage from another champ ONLY.

Ghost, Sym Spidey (SP2) and wasp have guaranteed crits (maybe few more) but they can still damage him. Its just that the interaction is not fair. If I have fun with Corvus, you are stopping me here from having that fun because there is literally nothing I can do to damage him.

I used R5 Morningstar VS Torch and if I get 5 souls, I just Parry/Heavy and rotate SP1 which gives me around 2-3 SP1 before I die....if 2 hits crit out of 9 hits of SP1, its enough to takeout Epic torch. Otherwise I can revive and do again.

I used R5 Ghost vs Master EQ Maw and I can control crits and KO him. I almost died and if I did, I have the option to revive.

But with Corvus, there is no option. That interaction is bad for the game. We all say its only 1 champion but that will happen a lot more in future. And that shouldn't happen
    If there was only one or two options to bring, I might agree that it's bad.
    Since there are a plethora, my feelings won't change regardless of the results.
    So you are completely OK with 1 champion fully countering another champion. Sure but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you right? Your argument/debate ends at the fact that there are other champions to bring. You neither agree nor disagree that 1 champ fully countering another is fine or not. That means you do not need to contribute here anymore since you do not care about that.

This thread is for those who think its fair or not for such an interaction to exist.
    This Thread is for discussing that interaction, not just for people who agree that it shouldn't exist.
    Yes, I'm fine with it. Even in the Arena, you have 2 other options to use against him. Same with War.
    Ok good but here we are discussing about Corvus VS Maw specifically and not about arena or about AW or about how good or bad he is VS Maw. All of us agree that Corvus is not good for Maw or Mystic suck VS Torch but thats not what we are talking about.

The light attack thing to damage Maw is ridiculous. There could have been a way to fix this if Kabam gave Corvus the ability to start a fight with his glaive immunity/ability up or not. That would let people go in without glaive ability and at least do regular hits so they can take him down
    Fine make corvus actually earn his charges instead of starting the fight with an easy win system.

Oh wait then people will cry nerf.
    Theres basically no winning for kabam at all to create balance people will whine.
    OR give him the ability that HT has, flame on/off thing but for glaive on/off so they can decide. Easy fix. Corvus damage will be **** but atleast he can damage and kill in 4-5 revives and not 100-200
    I have zero offense knowledge of ht i.didnt arena that week at all took a break.

I was thinking more poise from starky. I'm
    Dtl7714 said:

One argument for why this isnt right is that Kabam has long pretended that skill should matter in this game. Well if a fight is unwinnable such as if you use corvus against maw in War than skill is irrelevant. To have a scenario where it is impossible for one champ to beat another does not make since.

If skill mattered in this game then the content would be harder. Considering how easy most.content is I'd argue kabam isnt a skill based thing
    While I agree most content isnt difficult. To design a champ that cannot be beaten by another champ isnt right. The principle of that being decide to create that is wrong
    edited April 2019
    I would like to know if this was intentional or an oversight by the game developers though. I'm thinking oversight as the moderators have avoided this conversation.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Wow so ultron really can't hit EM after 4 hits?

Thats game breaking.

Ugh
    Drooped2 said:

I just dont understand why use another champ is being so fought against. I cant rhink of a single situation in the game ever where I'd be forced to use corvus or ghost for ebony maw.

I can see the argument as it pertains to war. I pick champs based off of node not classes. At higher Tiers and PI levels the class advantage isn't the biggest factor . How would you like to enter a node with corvus and see maw waiting for you. The only thing you can do at that point is quit to save half your health and use another fighter.
    Drooped2 said:

Dtl7714 said:

Drooped2 said:

I just dont understand why use another champ is being so fought against. I cant rhink of a single situation in the game ever where I'd be forced to use corvus or ghost for ebony maw.

I can see the argument as it pertains to war. I pick champs based off of node not classes. At higher Tiers and PI levels the class advantage isn't the biggest factor . How would you like to enter a node with corvus and see maw waiting for you. The only thing you can do at that point is quit to save half your health and use another fighter.
    I use scouter lense tool and mastery so I would never enter that fight with corvus tada
    That's your choice and your opinion to support all things Kabam. Agree to disagree on a character being designed to be unbeatable by other charcaters
    Drooped2 said:

Dtl7714 said:

Drooped2 said:

Dtl7714 said:

Drooped2 said:

I use scouter lense tool and mastery so I would never enter that fight with corvus tada
    That's your choice and your opinion to support all things Kabam. Agree to disagree on a character being designed to be unbeatable by other charcaters
    Lol I dont support all things kabam at all. I went free to play during 12.0 and unlike the boycott idiots I never spent again.

I skipped maze cause it was bad rewards for the effort.
    I think war is a waste in general
    I dont do dungeons because I hate its design.
    I'm against a ton of things I just dont whine about them and demand them to change

I agree with all you said there. It's just I thought you were more of a Kabam fan given your particapation in the Thanos thread earlier and now this.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    has anyone wondered that jane foster duped gets guaranteed crits while keeping anyone stun locked so basically a useless mystic is more useless against a mystic only. plus crits are the only thing that procs buffs and debuffs for sw so she is just useless not to mention we don't even get her as 5* so damage in uc won't be much on basic non crit damage
    mike867 said:

Akhilxcx said:

has anyone wondered that jane foster duped gets guaranteed crits while keeping anyone stun locked so basically a useless mystic is more useless against a mystic only. plus crits are the only thing that procs buffs and debuffs for sw so she is just useless not to mention we don't even get her as 5* so damage in uc won't be much on basic non crit damage

There we go...another champion brought into light. This is why this thread was so important. But again, you can play around this. That is balance. You just dont stun Maw and your crits aren't guaranteed then. That is balance.

Not crippling and stopping Ultron n Corvus from dealing any damage.
    no stun means i can't put shock debuffs on maw which also means i can't use any specials for jane so basically all i would do here is simple combos🙄🙄.
    doable-yes
    fun- no no no
    mike867 said:

Akhilxcx said:

mike867 said:

Akhilxcx said:

There we go...another champion brought into light. This is why this thread was so important. But again, you can play around this. That is balance. You just dont stun Maw and your crits aren't guaranteed then. That is balance.

Not crippling and stopping Ultron n Corvus from dealing any damage.
    no stun means i can't put shock debuffs on maw which also means i can't use any specials for jane so basically all i would do here is simple combos🙄🙄.
    doable-yes
    fun- no no no
    Atleast you can damage him, Ultron n Corvus cant even do that
    this whole mechanic of miss on crits is dumb then😂😂
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Agree, this is above and beyond anything I've seen previously. In the past, champs have been made to have a severe disadvantage in a match up, but I can't recall a situation where a champ will literally not be able to land a hit on another champ making the other champ completely invulnerable to them.
This discussion has been closed.