**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Compensation for beating Pre-Nerf Thanos?

Comments

• ZebartinZebartin Posts: 32
    Though having beaten Nameless with no items used, but I did spend a lot of Energy on practicing.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

Did people have to beat the content right away when it first came out ? No.
    So some people who wanted to be guinnea pigs and get the fame of being amongst the first to beat content now want compensation because they didn’t wait to see if others have found a better way, or just trudge through while wondering to themselves “why am I never inflicting any damage on opponent, guess I’ll keep reviving and just keep plugging away”, without wondering if maybe there was a problem with it that would need to be addressed first.
    Congrats to those who beat the content in its original form, well done. You are the trailblazers for the rest of us.

The onus shouldn't be on the player to determine whether the content is bugged or not. When something is released I expect it to be functioning correctly. In particular case it wasn't even obvious that the fight was bugged. I just thought they were making it a very difficult challenge.
  • MrOnizukaMrOnizuka Posts: 121
    Beaten pre-nerf thanos 2 days ago with only 1 revive and 100% UC yesterday.
    I dont need fancy compensations, just give me some energy refills because I kept on restarting to learn how to fight him. Probably 12-15 times(lost count)
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Can we get a mod to comment?
  • Thanos_CarThanos_Car Posts: 298
    It shouldnt just be compensation for those who beat them, it should be compensation for everyone who even tried beating him. I spent a couple revives on him trying to beat him but I couldn’t. In fact, I do remember the bugs mentioned in the fix actually affecting the fights I had with him. There should be compensation, for everyone who spent any units/revives on his quest.
  • Yet another situation that shouldn't have happened, but did. Now, there's a few ways to look at this.

1. As stated by @SummonerNR no one said it NEEDED to beat the 1st few days. We all know the score as of late, things have been buggy. Well... more so than USUAL anyway. Knowing this, if you find the fight is a little asinine, dial back a couple days and wait for those tips and tricks to come in. No one is holding a gun to your head.

2. For those that are just shy of X situation and couldn't wait for those rewards, the extra effort was needed. Now, should you get something relatively simple for compensation due to the matter at hand? Theoretically, yes. While the fact you could've waited is there, there's also the OTHER fact that this was proven to be bugged. So perhaps a little love from Kabam is in order.

3. Free time. Not everyone has it. So if by chance your free time for the next WEEK was the 1st couple days in which the champ was bugged, how is that your fault? Truthfully, it isn't. So now, on top of the fact your time is limited, you now have to play catchup item wise due to a situation that really shouldn't have been there. Through no fault of your own.

4. At what point is Kabam accountable for their many OOPZ moments? This is the the BIG one for many here. While it's a known fact not everything will be found during testing, it would make sense for a company to take care of its customers. Small revives, and health pots cost them NOTHING to give. Only a bit of time finding those that completed X situation prior to the fix. This is an undeniable fact too. While Kabam shouldn't spoon feed its clientele, they certainly shouldn't starve them either.

Honestly, I see why people are upset, and they're well within their rights to be so. It is true that no one is REQUIRED to blast through the EQ. Although some like to do it that way for whatever reason. It would also make sense to NOT aimlessly blow resources, unless you got income like that. Be it in game or reality to pay for more items with cash. Just the same, sometimes yah gotta do whatchyah gotta do.

This isn't your standard 3.2 for an EQ. It's a 1 fight situation for completion AND exploration. In that being the case, once you've beat him, you needn't do it again. So if that 1 off is bugged, it would make sense to hand off some 'compensation' (ugh... I hate that word) to those who did it while it wasn't working as per design. Will this actually happen? Hard to say. The answer is likely no, but Kabam could surprise us. Honestly, I hope they do. It doesn't directly effect me, but it would inspire more faith across the board IMO.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Damn. I wasted 30-35 revives only on his last phase.
    I figured it want get any easier so better just push it through...
    I guess I was wrong and it can get easier if they fix him.
    I hope for compensation but I won’t be surprise if they will shut it down again.
  • JosephPoerioJosephPoerio Posts: 269 ★★

I'll talk with the team about all of this, but I can't guarantee what the outcome will be. Once we've had our conversation, we'll update you all.

@Kabam Vydious Thank you!

• borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    This most definitely warrants compensation. If I buy a car that’s just been introduced, and it blows me and my kids to smithereens, you bet your bottom dollar someone is going to pay my newly widowed wife a large sum of money. No two ways about it. I’ve seen a few posts where actual players now seem to shift the blame to fellow players who just happened to do this quest early. That’s silly. And sad. It was bugged. Which led players to spend unnecessarily. Ergo, those items/units should be compensated. In full. Best practice. Period.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★

So some people who wanted to be guinnea pigs and get the fame of being amongst the first to beat content now want compensation because they didn’t wait to see if others have found a better way, or just trudge through while wondering to themselves “why am I never inflicting any damage on opponent, guess I’ll keep reviving and just keep plugging away”, without wondering if maybe there was a problem with it that would need to be addressed first.
    Congrats to those who beat the content in its original form, well done. You are the trailblazers for the rest of us.

So what your saying is people should stare at content indefinitely and wait to see if it is bugged. What exactly is your recommended wait time to confirm content is playable? Especially as Kabam waited several days to even acknowledge it as bugged. If you dont know it's broken the only approach is to play it.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Carames said:

Dtl7714 said:

So what your saying is people should stare at content indefinitely and wait to see if it is bugged. What exactly is your recommended wait time to confirm content is playable? Especially as Kabam waited several days to even acknowledge it as bugged. If you dont know it's broken the only approach is to play it.
    How about going in and trying it. If It's obvious that something's not right, hold off for a couple of days before wasting resources trying to complete it right away. If the player base as a whole could overcome their addictions and show a little restraint, we might actually get timely bug fixes.
    I went in and tried it multiple times. It was not evident that it was broken. Very plausible that you had to intercept him multiple times to finish him off.

And how does the player base taking it slowly help Kabam fix bugs more quickly? If anything people getting in quickly and finding the issue is what let’s Kabam know they even have a bug to fix. They’re certainly not testing and finding them on their own.

The player base shouldn’t have to treat every newly released piece of content like it’s bugged. That’s asinine.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    RogerRabs said:

Carames said:

Dtl7714 said:

How about going in and trying it. If It's obvious that something's not right, hold off for a couple of days before wasting resources trying to complete it right away. If the player base as a whole could overcome their addictions and show a little restraint, we might actually get timely bug fixes.
    I went in and tried it multiple times. It was not evident that it was broken. Very plausible that you had to intercept him multiple times to finish him off.

And how does the player base taking it slowly help Kabam fix bugs more quickly? If anything people getting in quickly and finding the issue is what let’s Kabam know they even have a bug to fix. They’re certainly not testing and finding them on their own.

The player base shouldn’t have to treat every newly released piece of content like it’s bugged. That’s asinine.
    So is expecting them to improve bugged content if people are going to keep throwing money at them to complete new content.

If people are trying it, reporting that there's something wrong and Kabam sees that people aren't playing it, you don't think that would motivate them to fix it sooner rather than later? Not looking for a fight here. It just seems like common sense to me.

And, fyi, it seems that most new content is, indeed, regularly buggy.
  • Knew that would get some good responses...
    But main point was that if you get to a boss and realize you are sunk, don't have the right heroes, need a different strategy, or (Yes) maybe there is some unknown bug causing it to be harder than intended. Well maybe take a step back, you will have only lost basically a bunch of energy (and of course your time spent).
    Why continue to try to drive in a nail using a hard salami.

While some small amount of compensation could be valid, anything bigger will obviously get into debate about what form that should be.
    * Refund some Revives/Heals, then you’ll get people saying well I spent Units to buy those, and those Potions would just end up expiring in time from Stash anyways.
    * Refund Units, and people will say they spent real money to buy Unit Paks, in which to buy the Revives/Heals.
    * Refund real-world money and people would say “well, I took time off from work for these first days of EQ, and you gave me a bugged product”.
    And what about Boosts used (Loyalty, Units, Money ?)

FYI, ”taking off work” was an actual complaint a while back. I think game either had an extended server outage or other major game-unavailable (?) problem that day, or something special was coming out (or special Arena, was that a Kang arena ?)
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    Lucky intercept brought me in spending almost 400unit...
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★

I'll talk with the team about all of this, but I can't guarantee what the outcome will be. Once we've had our conversation, we'll update you all.

Thank you vydious for coming in and at least acknowledging the thread.
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    You won't get anything lol, they always do this, in fact I'll be surprised if it gets fixed before the end of the event. Every other time they wait until the event is over to make changes, remember when Emma Frost used to fly right across the screen when using a heavy, then after the event had finished they said it 'wasn't working as intended' and changed it, they do it near enough every month lol.
  • JosephPoerioJosephPoerio Posts: 269 ★★
    @Kabam Vydious any update on this?
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Carmel1 said:

Damn. I wasted 30-35 revives only on his last phase.
    I figured it want get any easier so better just push it through...
    I guess I was wrong and it can get easier if they fix him.
    I hope for compensation but I won’t be surprise if they will shut it down again.

wow that is insane.

why do that ? its like 9 energy to get to him and try again
    you have 40 days to complete it, i could understand doing this towards the end of the event but really why do this at the beginning ?

also i would say the cost of those revives and health pots(assuming you used some) is not even worth the rewards from doing this months UC event

Word of advice for future content to save yourself units and revives is don't rush it.

In regards to others
    I would also argue that the bug was pretty noticeable if you bothered to read the mechanics. if you didn't notice it then there is a very good chance that you didn't experience it as the bug didn't happen all the time.

I did the fights several times and noticed the bug a few times, at which point i decided to come to the forums and report it and wait for a fix. The issue didn't happen all the time but figured better to stop trying because several times when i got good intercepts on final phase and threw my sp3's i was doing like 1% damage. Once it was fixed i completed it no problems.
  • Just2310Just2310 Posts: 16
    edited April 2019
    Are we getting anything for those who blew through a ton of units or revives before the fix?
  • tinman76tinman76 Posts: 116
    I would just like the dang bugs to be fixed. I've been getting kicked out of the game fairly regularly for the last 4 freaking months.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Was there even a fix that was announced? I know they said they would but didn't hear anything about it yet but I'll take some free items as I beat uncollected 100% last night!
  • Just2310 said:

Are we getting anything for those who blew through a ton of units or revives before the fix?

New threads like this should be merged into main [Compensation for Beating Pre-Nerf Thanos]...
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/136289/compensation-for-beating-pre-nerf-thanos/p1
  • Thx (merged).
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    Don't hold your breath. The last time we had the IW Thanos bosses in an event quest, the new update caused him to be much harder, and I reached out about this but was ignored.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    they did send out compensation for the EQ aegon bug which made him much harder than he should have been.
  • Funny thing... He still is NOT fixed.
    10 armor breaks still only last for 1 second while it was stated that there was a problem regarding the downtime of the indestructable with multiple armor breaks. This was posted 3 days ago and that it would be fixed in the next hour... lmao
This discussion has been closed.