**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I dont like the new idea of kabam opening our crystals

These crystals our what we as summoners, have put our time and best efforts into earning, then i dont think its right that kabam can just waltz right in and take away any crystal and have a happy time opening them all themselves, if you oppose to my idea, and you think it is good , please comment and explain why

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    They are cracking outdated, hoarded character crystals mostly. I would bite the bullit! Check the list and do it myself. If they need gone to make the game smoother then not much we can do! BUT! KABAM! Doing something about this
    That might help the servers as well??? Getting rid of 2 year old chinese New Years cards and (what were those?) Randomizer cubes? And now the balls? (I have like 60!)
    But for op! For your own sense of control and to be sure you see the results of them being opened and you don't just discover a ton of supplies and new champs to raise i suggest you start doing it now.
  • MorosophMorosoph Posts: 100
    When we were gifted items because we were too advanced in the game for this new rewards system, there was no chance to check which catalysts we wanted to select, so I guessed wrong.

No a hugely valuable compensation, but it does defeat the point if there's no opportunity to make sure that it's actually useful.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Seriously though if you earned the crystals 3 years ago and still haven't opened them, are you really missing out? You still get the rewards, you just won't have outdated **** in your crystal inventory clogging up server space.

It's like your mom telling you that she is sending your old toys to you years after you moved out of the house. She needs the space, you still get to keep your ****, now you have to deal with it instead of it messing up her house.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Most, if not all, of the crystals affected by this automatic opening were once-off crystals. Like the YOLO shard crystal, which was given out for April Fools 2018. They're never gonna throw that one out again, right? And they always chuck the new featured champs into the 5- and 6-star featured crystals, so you're never gonna see those ones again. They're all crystals you can no longer receive, and aren't really helping anyone by wasting space. Like if I went and deleted all the old saves of that browser game that I'm not gonna go back to.
    You're still gonna get the rewards you would normally get. Yes, it's annoying that you won't get an email or popup listing the rewards you got, but you won't get anything less. (and who cares about which champs you got sig levels from? at least from 2- through 4-star champs for the most part. All I'd care about is knowing who got awakened, and that's pretty easy to identify with the silver stars)
    oh yeah and most of the rewards from those crystals aren't ones that expire. And selling the excess iso you get from dupes isn't a bad idea if you aren't gonna use it... (plz kabam can you make it so that stuff that 'expires' in the stash just gets automatically sold? would be nice)
    It's for the sake of the game. And I could definitely see removing those crystals' data from the game (after opening them) helping with performance. At least a little bit.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Gambl0r said:

"Instead of along overdue upgrade of the entire server, let's just open up old cystals to make room in the cache for a couple of weeks".
    That's like the bank saying 'we're going to redeem some of your long-term investments because our systems are running out of memory. Or 'we're going to have to move out some of your cash in the vault because there's no room'

People worked for those crystals and if they want to save them, that's their choice. Punishing them for a crappy server is not well received

Exactly!! I love the bank analogy. Kabam really needs to get their act together and stop punishing players for their inability to deal with problems on their end.
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    Gambl0r said:

"Instead of along overdue upgrade of the entire server, let's just open up old cystals to make room in the cache for a couple of weeks".
    That's like the bank saying 'we're going to redeem some of your long-term investments because our systems are running out of memory. Or 'we're going to have to move out some of your cash in the vault because there's no room'

People worked for those crystals and if they want to save them, that's their choice. Punishing them for a crappy server is not well received

Because it's probably also old code they want to remove from the game. They cant remove that part of the game code until those items are gone or open.

Seriously what is the point of hoarding crystals from 3 years ago? I have not seen one valid reason why hoarding crystals from 3 years ago is a good thing???? What are you hoping for they change that one item to if you open it now you win the game?

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Well, first off, it's not that invasive. It's their game. Lol. However, they're opening them because they're purging old Crystals on the server. These things need to be cleared out after a while. Also, they're meant to be opened after a while. Not sure why people would be sitting on them for 3 years.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★

Gambl0r said:

Because it's probably also old code they want to remove from the game. They cant remove that part of the game code until those items are gone or open.

Seriously what is the point of hoarding crystals from 3 years ago? I have not seen one valid reason why hoarding crystals from 3 years ago is a good thing???? What are you hoping for they change that one item to if you open it now you win the game?

Yeah that's what I don't understand. While I understand to some degree the argument of "They're my crystals, I should do what I want with them," I haven't heard any answer of why you'd want to save these crystals for 3 years.

I save a decent amount of crystals. I haven't opened a T4cc crystal in a long time because of worry they'll head right into overflow. I have sat on 5* sig stones for the same reason (I have 59 5*s but somehow STILL haven't duped a skill). But all the crystals they're purging now haven't been around for some time and I think most are character crystals.

So outside "They're my crystals so I should do what I want," what's the reason for saving these?
  • After reading a significant number of these posts, I think Kabam shouldn’t open the crystals... just announce which crystals it is (which they have) and a date they’ll purge them from the servers... open them or lose them. The uproar about this is absurd.

Not a bad idea. Put a timer on all the crystals in question, and leave it in the player's hands. Simple. Elegant. And amusing taboot! Lol. Seriously people, ancient crystals need to go. I'd say this DOESN'T effect 90%+ of the playerbase so I'm really curious why anyone really cares at this point? Are y'all arguing just for the sake of doing so? Do you actually care about some random, outdated crystal that will in all likelihood give you the same **** it would've the day you got it?

Here's one extra tid bit that most seem to forget... you don't actually OWN anything in this game. Not your account. Not those champs. Not the crystals. We lease this stuff. Some for free. Some at extremely (self inflicted) inflated costs. The day this game finally ends, you can't take that stuff with you. So do yourselves a favor and enjoy it while it lasts. '...a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts...'

After reading a significant number of these posts, I think Kabam shouldn’t open the crystals... just announce which crystals it is (which they have) and a date they’ll purge them from the servers... open them or lose them. The uproar about this is absurd.

I agree 3 other games I used to play did this. If you hoard and they purge you lose unless you open them.

• PleasureDomePleasureDome Posts: 93

Seriously though if you earned the crystals 3 years ago and still haven't opened them, are you really missing out? You still get the rewards, you just won't have outdated **** in your crystal inventory clogging up server space.

It's like your mom telling you that she is sending your old toys to you years after you moved out of the house. She needs the space, you still get to keep your ****, now you have to deal with it instead of it messing up her house.

This is the best example ever haha
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    They didn't say open them or lose them. They said open them, or they will be opened for you when they purge. The contents will be in our Accounts.

They didn't say open them or lose them. They said open them, or they will be opened for you when they purge. The contents will be in our Accounts.

I think it was just a reference that they could do worse and purge them if not opened.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    How many people who have an issue with this actually have any of the crystals they are talking about?
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Ace_03 said:

Put a timer on all crystals, just like items have on overflow, if you purchase a crystal it automatically expires after 2 weeks. Shards expire after the same amount of time as well.

End crystal saving once and for all, if you have crystals in overflow, then use them. trade them or let the materials expire. Kabam instead can create more ways to exchange items and rank up materials, exchanging T4CC for T5CC, lv1 potions for lv2 potions, 2* shards for 3* shards, 3* for 4*, 4* for 5*, 5* for 6* and the same with everything, have an exchange tab exclusively for this purpose.

Hoarding is stupid.

Or.......not.
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    “Hoarding” to an extent, has purpose in this game... specifically to make a push for a higher-than-normal sa score. Putting a timer on all crystals is a bigger problem because when you have hundreds (think quest crystals), it would be a pain to go through them all... but it’s ridiculous to try to argue that Kabam shouldn’t purge old and outdated crystals from their servers just because a few people don’t want to open them
  • We're sorry that you don't like the idea of this and that it frustrates some folks, but this is a way to clear out what's being held after having them for so long. Most of these are one shot crystals. We'll be closing this down as it's getting a little heated in here.
This discussion has been closed.