**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

SENTINEL'S SP1 IS NO LONGER PUNISHABLE [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★

Alright everybody, we're still looking into this. As it stands, his attack has been changed to be exactly as it was before. His Special has always been extremely difficult to punish, and is meant to be that way, but it was always possible with the most precise of timing.

We will continue to look into this.

question ?

why was it changed in the first place ?

from what you said it sounds like it was changed.

well i would say the fact so many people are complaining about it now suggests its not how it was before.

from my own experience i can say it has been improved in the latest patch in the sense I can occasionally punish, but it isn't the same as before. Having done act 6 sentinel I can say not once did i get caught out by his sp1 and now i'm lucky if i can intercept him.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    When Kabam introduced sentinel as a playable champ his animations were awkward and slow. His specials are long and extended. He's not a conventional NPC making him a pain to fight. The only saving grace was that you could dexterity his t1 and punish it without problem. Then the update changed it. I can no longer punish his t1 after a dexterity. The reason this is horrible for the community is that he is the final boss on act 6.1 making him ridiculously hard to beat since he is stun immune. Second he the symbiod replacement for map 5 and below. This is good for kabam because it is a money grab and bad for players who are particular skilled. @Kabam Miike you are wrong. The t1 has been easy to punish. Please fix this problem.
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    Finally they figured it out..act 6.1.6 can be continued to 100 percented ..its been weeks since I had to stop..only few paths left
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Can anyone confirm that this is fixed?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Hey All,

An update on this: We've found something that we believe is causing this issue. We're working on a fix for it now. I will update you all when I have more information, though this may take a little while.

What is it cussing it then
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103

Hey All,

An update on this: We've found something that we believe is causing this issue. We're working on a fix for it now. I will update you all when I have more information, though this may take a little while.

How do you define a little while? This post was Thursday. I get it is now Saturday and Kabam only works PST business hours despite being a global product. But no update on Friday? Even to say, hey, not fixed yet, will regroup on Monday....

Simple communication in 4 or 5 threads would make such a difference.

Found sentinel still bugged after a 6.1.2 run where he is mini, today on Saturday. I am done spending on end game content till all the bugs are sorted.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Making sure this topic doesn't die out, Miike told us on 26th of April that he will update us, waiting patiently
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★

Making sure this topic doesn't die out, Miike told us on 26th of April that he will update us, waiting patiently

He also said there was no issue. Don’t know what to believe anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    MattMan said:

He also said there was no issue. Don’t know what to believe anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️
    He was wrong in that, I may not be a huge voice but there is DEFINITELY something wrong with Sentinel's SP1 recovery time
  • Deadly062085Deadly062085 Posts: 6
    I have played a while with KM and being able to punish sentinels L1 numerous times. It became a natural instinct to be able to land that true strike while using KM. However, after this update, I can no longer do it as easily. I either have to be absolutely perfect timing or I don’t get in quick enough. Sentinel puts up his block so quick after a SP1 and with his beam you have to have distance so you aren’t having to evade twice. I play him the same as a yellow jackets SP1. I’ve never had issues with rushing in after they perform their SP1 but after the update, it’s trash. I’m now having to evade it on sentinels then time parries or bait heavies in order to fight the champ. Not sure how introducing updates screws up other codes every single time the game is updated. Please fix this and the Special 3 glitch!!!
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    When Kabam introduced sentinel as a playable champ his animations were awkward and slow. His specials are long and extended. He's not a conventional NPC making him a pain to fight. The only saving grace was that you could dexterity his t1 and punish it without problem. Then the update changed it. I can no longer punish his t1 after a dexterity. The reason this is horrible for the community is that he is the final boss on act 6.1 making him ridiculously hard to beat since he is stun immune. Second he the symbiod replacement for map 5 and below. This is good for kabam because it is a money grab and bad for players who are particular skilled. @Kabam Miike you are wrong. The t1 has been easy to punish. Please fix this problem.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Ya this does need to be fixed
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    If they say they fixed it we are supposed to take their word for it. If it is actually fixed or not is irrelevant to kabam or else why would they delete threads that point out hugs in thr game? We point it out to make it better
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

If they say they fixed it we are supposed to take their word for it. If it is actually fixed or not is irrelevant to kabam or else why would they delete threads that point out hugs in thr game? We point it out to make it better

I like my hugs from emma
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    He's not fixed, not by a long way
  • thetaman23thetaman23 Posts: 43
    Sentinel's special one is still a problem. I'm not spending until yall fix this broken product you call a game.
  • AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    He was fixed but not like how it use to be. The timing has changed. You have to evade slightly earlier in order to punish after sp1.
    it Works flawlessly for me. Once I learned the new timing it’s easy.
    Is there bugs, yes. Is sentinel how it was before, no bit did they fix it where you can hit him after sp1, yes. Just have to evade last part of laser earleir than normal and you can still dash in w/out being hit. So stop complaining and expecting handouts and learn to adapt.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,805 ★★★★★
    Sentinel sp1 is broken long ago. If it will be fixed no one knows. It’s really annoying not to be able to hit him after using dexterity on his second projectile as he blocks relative fast for the time u need to reach him. In my opinion his whole AI is broken as he spams blocks and attack without any particular pattern.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    Greekhit said:

Sentinel sp1 is broken long ago. If it will be fixed no one knows. It’s really annoying not to be able to hit him after using dexterity on his second projectile as he blocks relative fast for the time u need to reach him. In my opinion his whole AI is broken as he spams blocks and attack without any particular pattern.

He's always had a very defensive AI. Different champs have unique AI to play around their ablities (think Mordo blocking during power gain).

His decreased time-to-recover is still annoying though, I'll admit. Having to adjust how I play against him.
  • BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    I agree that his sp1 is trickier now to punish .. they should def. address that .. but as for Act 6 Sent boss here is a picture of my 1st run.. a clean solo btw

• Loco24x7Loco24x7 Posts: 68
    Agreed many issues in game but this issue is getting worse by each AQ....as of today happened to me on 2 different AQ paths Sentinels are firing of S1 you evade and you try to intercept and the Sentinel swipes back one and than intercept you as your coming forward. Any word on this Kabam?
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

We will be including another fix for the issue with Sentinel recovering too quickly after Special 1 in our next game update. Since this requires a game update, it will be a little bit of time before the new fix is applied. Thank you for your patience and apologies for the extended timeline as we investigated this issue.

When is the next game update though? It is May 2nd now, is it this month, or do we need to wait until June?
  • Willie_ArwontieWillie_Arwontie Posts: 17

Hi all,

This issue was addressed in the 21.1.1 update.

Bug Fixes
    - Fixed an issue where Sentinel was able to react faster than intended after completing his Sp1 attack

If it was fixed, why can I STILL not punish the aq sentinals? I have been forced to stop that tactic and as a result, coupled with the changes to ai behavior, I'm having a hard time taking a sentinal down before it can be able start debuffing me through my block. And, to top it all off, since you guys said it was "fixed" I have lost champs multiple times since then trying to punish but ending up taking a 5 hit combo to the face. Loosing 2 out of 3 champs in section 1 map 5 day 5 is ridiculous when before I was able to clear EVERY aq sentinal I faced with x23 for the entire aq and NEVER need to heal or revive. This is NOT fixed and to claim as such is a bold faced lie
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 807 ★★★★

We will be including another fix for the issue with Sentinel recovering too quickly after Special 1 in our next game update. Since this requires a game update, it will be a little bit of time before the new fix is applied. Thank you for your patience and apologies for the extended timeline as we investigated this issue.

Gulk too, his invulnerability is lingering longer than it used to post SP1.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Thanks but as we are 35 days to the next update, could you make that update available a little bit sooner ? let's say next week instead of next month ?
This discussion has been closed.