**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If you can't beat Nameless in either Master or Epic level, don't spend units and don't fret.

2»

Comments

• TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    There is still time......
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Gentlemen, specificly those of you who have beaten Thanos, when you share that, as we get more and more champs like this, could you be more detailed about what it is that has made you successful? Not enough anymore to say what star level and just who you won with when it comes to "non weakness super champs" like this! What sig levels were your champs would help as well as who, and your choice of mastery build, is it the "god killer" or "suicide"? Intercept is vital but there are a number of factors at play and it seems ever more factors at play, with these monster bosses. And intercept is not that challenging...or it wasn't till these timing changes...anytime you got a champ whipping forward and back? Bammm!
    If you can block you should be able to intercept...
    What sig level was that Luke Gage??? I love that idea! Love that champ! "Rock-em! Sock-em!"
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Everybody out here talking like intercepting is easy in the current state of the game 😅
    I beat him but I'm not going to lie and say stuff like "just learn how to intercept and you're good".
    I pretty much winged it everytime I went in for an intercept and dared not try the dackdraft intercept because I either got intercepted myself by a VERY aware & unpredictable AI or got smoked before I could even lift my finger to dash foward again with that ridiculous recovery time that Thanos has.
    Won't even bother mentioning the lag.
    So yeah, I agree with the OP.
    If you're struggling with the first 2 phases (let alone the final one), don't fret. The sudden increase in difficulty may be too much for you.
    Sure, keep trying for the heck of it. It's free practice. Exit it out when beaten & try again but don't waste units on it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

What sig level was that Luke Gage??? I love that idea! Love that champ! "Rock-em! Sock-em!"

This is because Cage gains attack for each debuff on the opponent, right?

Dr. Zola
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    The issue I see is that MCOC app downloads are up this month due to the movie. New players come to the forums for information and they see multiple posts from veterans pointing out issues with the event quest.

What message does that send? Does that make a noob want to invest and grow or does it make them apprehensive? If Kabam would have made the final Thanos an extra quest with appropriate rewards, the posts would be better and the overall user experience would improve. Or add a Gwenpool goes to the movies event - everyone praised that and would send a much better message to the new players.
  • Loco24x7Loco24x7 Posts: 68
    This strait up unit grab and or money grab anyway you look @ for every person soloing Nameless Thanos there are 9 others that tried and failed but very disappointed the rewards do not scale on par with difficulty that is only fair........but most solos came af the bug was fixed and several how to videos came out, also to have several bugs and know about it and not fix ASAP there should be future compensation but it will only be a handful handouts like energy refills and few shards etc it won’t be nothing is game changer but it’s all about not taking care of the players which this community deserves. The state of MCOC has a ton of bugs and nothing is getting done about them there just putting on bug report that’s it. People Quitting not bc of Thanos but the overall health of the app and the baggage it carries.
  • JohnDoe89JohnDoe89 Posts: 70
    He is easy as hell on master

Sure I’ll beat him on UC soon
  • johara84johara84 Posts: 145
    I got him on about my 8 or 9th run using 6 l1 single revives all in last phase. My strategy was very simple. I used Mordo for first phase as his power gain and sp1 make it easy to intercept and punish. Also with mordo if you get pinned stun him and astral evade helps with the reflected stun. I took him as far into second, there I used AA who melted his 2nd phase very quickly. And in the 3rd stage i used Gulk with Thor Rags and Black Widow synergy. Aside form Gulk being an Avenger this synergy allows more chances for attacks to "smash"(BW) and when he does "smash" a chance to be unblockable(Thor Rags). So that made intercepting easier as I knew I had a chance to have unblockable intercepts. It didn't always work, but obviously compared to most the strategy worked for me.
  • johara84johara84 Posts: 145

The issue I see is that MCOC app downloads are up this month due to the movie. New players come to the forums for information and they see multiple posts from veterans pointing out issues with the event quest.

What message does that send? Does that make a noob want to invest and grow or does it make them apprehensive? If Kabam would have made the final Thanos an extra quest with appropriate rewards, the posts would be better and the overall user experience would improve. Or add a Gwenpool goes to the movies event - everyone praised that and would send a much better message to the new players.

I do agree it should have been more like a Champion clash. Go through the children of Thanos and then fight that guy. Throwing 1 energy per would have made it easy to stomach practicing until you got a good run.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    johara84 said:

I got him on about my 8 or 9th run using 6 l1 single revives all in last phase. My strategy was very simple. I used Mordo for first phase as his power gain and sp1 make it easy to intercept and punish. Also with mordo if you get pinned stun him and astral evade helps with the reflected stun. I took him as far into second, there I used AA who melted his 2nd phase very quickly. And in the 3rd stage i used Gulk with Thor Rags and Black Widow synergy. Aside form Gulk being an Avenger this synergy allows more chances for attacks to "smash"(BW) and when he does "smash" a chance to be unblockable(Thor Rags). So that made intercepting easier as I knew I had a chance to have unblockable intercepts. It didn't always work, but obviously compared to most the strategy worked for me.

Was thinking same thing with mordo in first phase but mine not strong enough.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    Mephisto was handy for stage three. Just keep spamming sp1 and he doesn't go unstoppable
  • Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    Even last months quest was a little harder in that case increase the rewards.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Gambl0r said:

If they want to make harder content for monthly quests then create a Cavalier difficulty with the appropriate rewards. People got uncollected title with 4 stars, even 4/40s. They just decide to increase uncollected difficulty because of the game progression. Which is unfair and not cool man. I'm okay with harder content but create another difficulty then

So right on that. I became UC just before they made UC quests harder. Went from being a decent player to can’t finish UC most months.
  • Raj013Raj013 Posts: 35
    Lol cavelliars are compaining about master and uc nameless thanos. I am here who is not even uncollected and have beaten him. I feel act 5 is harder than EQ (master)
    The only answer i get when i ask help for act 5.2.4/5/6 everyone says get better well then uncollected vets don’t complain and get better (this may hurt you feeling and I don’t care😂)
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    edited May 2019
    Tbh ive played quite of few times but still not beaten him ive had him down to 30 but i refuse to spend units on this ive practiced and can do two phases with a 4* hyperion backwards controls still catch me out sometimes expecialy after it turns around again after a combo but im pretty confident ill get it done ... eventually and i have one avenger too btw cap iw at rank 3 5*

My 5* venom kills it aswel love him since his buff
  • tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    I attempted the Thanos boss with my r5 %* Ghost/r5 5* Blade and r4 5* Hawkeye. Was easy...without spending any units.....(after 32 attempts ) ..lol
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    There are so many video on you tube on how to beat « predictable » nameless Thanos....

Tried him a few times at Master difficulty and got frustrated.... then watch a few video on youtube , and wreck him, now on my way to try the Epic difficulty.

My point is that he is predictable, understand is mecanics and practice, practice, practice... you will be fine to pass him at a certain point, without spending a mountain of units and revive’s
  • furymachine84furymachine84 Posts: 80
    1st, it's obvious the more content they give each month, the crappier the rewards in the main event quest. Master events should not give 3* shards. Ever!
    2nd, not everyone has all of the 4* or 5* needed to aid in completing the higher tier events. Stop requiring certain champs.
    I could go on, because I love this game. But Kabam seems to be falling into their old ways. Silent nerfes of champs/content and reduced rewards for increased difficulty.
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    I just beat the uncollected am I'm going to rant at Kabam for just a minute because they need to learn to test there content before putting it out.. I wasted hundreds of units on the last 9 % of health because I one thing.... Thanos SP3.. after his sp3 he's unstoppable for a couple seconds and you automatically get locked into the corner unable to do anything if he plays aggressive.. The only way I got lucky was when I dodged he dodged back to gain separation but that part of the thanos fight was the dumbest most frustrating I've ever dealt with so KABAM test your content before releasing it.. your lucky I waited 20 minutes or this post would of been littered with F bombs
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    You can remove his unstoppable by intercepting him, you know? You don’t HAVE to wait it out.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    ^
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    xNig said:

You can remove his unstoppable by intercepting him, you know? You don’t HAVE to wait it out.

Thats the tricky part. After sp3, the AI depending on ur luck willeither be aggressive or passive. If one is unlucky, it gets super aggressive And at lightning speed will clip you right after sp3. Thats the part where most players are frustrated. And at that point, the brain wants to get it over with rather than start over the exasperating process. So the tendency is to Use items to finish the quest. Some players have the patience of doing it again, but others dont due to other factors or reasons.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    If anything, I learned that dont do hard fights when stressed or tired out of grinding. Be sure to be relaxed and composed when facing this boss. And after several tries, put the game down for a moment and enjoy life. Then come back to it again when your body and mind is ready to take down that SOB.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Thats the tricky part. After sp3, the AI depending on ur luck willeither be aggressive or passive. If one is unlucky, it gets super aggressive And at lightning speed will clip you right after sp3. Thats the part where most players are frustrated. And at that point, the brain wants to get it over with rather than start over the exasperating process. So the tendency is to Use items to finish the quest. Some players have the patience of doing it again, but others dont due to other factors or reasons.
    He’s actually a lot easier to intercept when he’s aggressive. Having him hold block when unstoppable then unexpectedly dashing in is actually more irritating than him dashing in at any opening.
  • When the game devs play Sekiro 1 time...