**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    I JUST got hit by Yondu's special 1 in map 7 section 2 incinerate path using 6* unduped Red Hulk while punching into his block at regular speed with no slowdowns.

C'mon Kabam, this is going to crush us during seasons!
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Just remove all block break mechanics and make it back to normal.
    So what if we are gonna lose the Block Break technique when you're actually fix the bug? We all love and prefer no block break at all
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    It stil happens. Not as much as befor but stil happens
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★

So what if we are gonna lose the Block Break technique when you're actually fix the bug? We all love and prefer no block break at all

It stil not a blok brek.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Still happening.
  • CaykoCayko Posts: 111
    Gamer said:

It stil not a blok brek.
    In a way it is. The usual ways the block have a recovery time after being hit and during that recovery time the block holds. That's why you felt a bit magnetized when you tried to evade out of a combo while blocking. The block hold (recovery) kept you.

Now that recovery time is broken = block hold is broken = block is broken
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★
    This issue is still happening in arena. I was hit by an sp3, while building up heat charges for Massacre. Haven’t tested anywhere else yet.
    @Kabam Miike Can you have the game team look into this? It's still happening to us and quite frankly it's game breaking. One of these things happening in war is $30 worth of units down the drain.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    I thought maybe this was still happening to champs who have projectiles in their basic attacks as it happened a few times with OR, but i can say having been using avengers and other champs this past week. This still happens with all champs.

I have also had the AI dex out while in mid combo as well as have the AI throw sp3 while mid combo. I.e. i am actually hitting the enemy and somehow they are able to recover from the hit to be able to perform actions.
    So this is appears to be an issue with AI recovery time being sped up to the point it is now able to do these actions when performing a normal speed 5 hit combo.

Its now been month of this bug and it's shocking such a big bug has not been resolved.
    In all honesty with the amount of bugs that 12.0 created, the changes made that affected the AI should of been reverted and then worked on in development and released at a later date once the issues reported had been fixed.

• EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    Just had the same issue. I got hit by a special 1 while hitting King Pin's block at Map 4. My attacks weren't slow as well. Please fix this ASAP
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    We are doing map 7 and 3 hits into the block and Sp 2 to the face cost me a revive and 3 health potions 400 plus units 👍🏼
  • RyanwhalesRyanwhales Posts: 60
    Yep seen this my self
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    ChriissR said:

Where is the fix? Like I truly don't understand Kabams priorities

Absolutely ridiculous now.

There is no fix. This change was by design. That stated earlier that it was not working the way it was suppose to before the update and confirmed that this is suppose to function like this. The only thing i recommend is hit that block quickly so AI has less time to recover and nail you with a special.
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    Heavy OR user here, and I can confirm this is still happening everywhere with OR specifically. it's not EVERY time, but this NEVER happened prior to the first April update. It is particularly evident in Epic/Act 6 level A.I.

This also cripples hitting into block to create space using ANY champ or taking advantage of by-design champ abilities that reward hitting into block, such as any crit through block champ(Cyclops lol), OR, Captain Marvel Movie, etc.

What I have noticed is that there used to be just a slight pause after you would make make contact with the opponent, whether you were hitting them directly, or hitting into block. This slight pause would allow you enough time to dash back for an intercept, activate block, throw a special, or perform the next hit in your combo. This window had seemingly tightened to the point that the above fighting mechanics are inconsistent at best.

I've also noticed that while the A.I. seems to be "missing a beat", whichever champ we are using has had a beat added. By this I mean it feels like champs are frozen just a bit longer after throwing a special or any basic attack. This makes the champ feel frozen in place. I can't count how many times I've been punished after throwing and landing a special, only to be stuck, unable to block or parry. It's no fun having both of these things happen at the same time.

If anyone in your testing department were to stay in game, playing Epic EQ say, for an hour I think they would experience this, along with the overall tedious defensive nature of the A.I. that has crept into the game the last few months.

I've been playing daily since Nov of 2015 and have never experienced anything like the A.I. behavior over the last few updates. It is killing the fun guys! Hoping this gets fixed/explained soon.

iPhone 8 plus using wi-fi. MCOC specific device. latest updates. Thank you.
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    Please fix this. It’s getting to be very annoying
  • ClockworkGremlinClockworkGremlin Posts: 94
    A month later and this is still happening to OR on everything from AQ to Realm of Legends.

I will see if this is happening to other champs, as I usually don’t combo into blocks.
  • ClockworkGremlinClockworkGremlin Posts: 94
    I have also noticed that for some time, an enemy could be comboing my block and my champ parries them mid combo, this I also find strange, as from 1-5 hits there should be no window for champ receiving block hits to be able to counter with an action, player or AI.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhHV5I4-GFQ

How fresh, fun, and interactive. We can no longer hit into enemies blocks at any time apparently without being dexed and socked in the mouth. And no, I wasn't "slow", you guys are just basically nerfing the game at this point. Is the goal to make this game as miserable for us as humanly possible?
    Before this latest update this stuff never happened. The enemy NEVER dexed or launched specials while we were hitting into their blocks as we normally do.

If this is going to be the new normal I'm going to question why I bother playing this anymore. I spent $6000 on this junk alone last month. I've never seen a company treat their playerbase so poorly.
    No one else cares that this game breaking stuff exists?
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108

No one else cares that this game breaking stuff exists?

I do, and a lot of people. But we flood these guys with videos with proof and they still deny it. I've made claims everything is related to frame drops and how AI manages the hicups (sometimes not noticeable) and reacts based on this. The AI is clearly just taking advantage of something to do things differently.

Let's think of this. Have you guys noticed sometimes after ending a fight, you get this fast forward effect, instead of the slow down or used to be? Well I see AI doing something similar. Now it is thinking faster and literally using the very small milliseconds available for a command to go in. It's like it's thinking in fast forward and know "when" to do something because it's speeding how to read moves to counter. Second example, before if you would dash into a block you wpuld never get evaded, now it's like it sees your dash in slow motion and evades because it's "confident" it can do it in time, and has the perfect back draft for you. And it's ironic because he ow we can't do the same, but AI know exactly how to.

The AI used to be slow to react or take more time to decide. Now it has more "time" available because it can see those hicups and anticipates better what we see at the same visual we are used to.

Unfortunately there is no solid proof of this because I can't controls logs of the game, but they can and don't seem to acknowledge they have more options to determine the real problem.
This discussion has been closed.