**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

No old champ upgrades with last 2 updates

Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
Anyone else frustrated?

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    They've never upgraded champs every update lol.
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    johara84 said:

Nobody should be reworked until they get their hands on at least one of Magneto or Colossus. One or both have to be fixed next.

Hulkbuster laughs at your suggestion. At least those two have synergy value, HB has no value whatsoever
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

Anyone else frustrated?

Frustrated about what? When did they promise old champ updates with every update? How would that be possible to do once a month. They have to-
    1. Redesign the abilities.
    2. Fix animations if needed.
    3. Test new abilities.
    4. Beta test (usually 2 weeks at the least).
    5. Then they release.

It's pretty improbable for them to update older champs every update.
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Especially with these 2015 3-4 rank up rewards we need buffs. I have a mutant one and can't imagine using it onyt of the currently available characters. I also have a Mystic one but my Majik is already R4. Again, can't imagine using
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    There's a great deal more energy and effort involved than just adding a few improvements every month.
  • Options

There's a great deal more energy and effort involved than just adding a few improvements every month.

Is it really that hard to increase the attack rate on a champ?
  • Options

Yes, it's more complex than just adding a few extra Attack Points.
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I think it would be nice to give all OG Avengers a permanent boost in light of Endgame. Just a thought.
  • Options

I doubt that
  • Options
    edited April 2019

But that's not what they are doing at all. Gamora was more simplified and didnt mess with her animations but SpiderGwens entire L1 was revamped. Theyve never just increased attack rate anyway.

And to think of it, it's more complicated than you think with everything that can effect attack ratings.
  • Options

I doubt that
    Any new adjustments are calculated, carefully thought-out, and tested to ensure they're still balanced within the game. This takes time, and attention to detail. If it was as simple as tweaking some numbers, I'm sure they would do them a great deal quicker. It's not really a "Pick a Champ, add some Stats!" kind of thing.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★

I doubt that
    Any new adjustments are calculated, carefully thought-out, and tested to ensure they're still balanced within the game. This takes time, and attention to detail. If it was as simple as tweaking some numbers, I'm sure they would do them a great deal quicker. It's not really a "Pick a Champ, add some Stats!" kind of thing.
    What game do you play? Balance, testing - that can't be mcoc, LOL.
    Also it is not that difficult anyway, especially when they don't change animation. For example simple buff for magneto to make his magnetism work similar to blade's danger sense isn't difficult by any means
  • Options
    All Champs and Abilities are interwoven. It's not just as simple as making changes. You have to consider the effects in the system overall, and the interactions with other Champs. You also have to consider how significant those changes affect the meta of the game. For the record, any revisions have been done with a certain amount of forethought. Not just on the spot.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019

Denslo500 said:

Anyone else frustrated?

Frustrated about what? When did they promise old champ updates with every update? How would that be possible to do once a month. They have to-
    3. Test new abilities.
    5. Then they release.

And yet the Gamora update was done without fanfare and with no change to the champ’s basic mechanics.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Denslo500 said:

Anyone else frustrated?

3. Test new abilities.
    5. Then they release.

And yet the Gamora update was done without fanfare and with no change to the champ’s basic mechanics.

Dr. Zola
    @DrZola yes.... I know. If you read the whole thread you would see where mentioned that already, but please, quote me incorrectly about it. Gamora is the only "simple" older champ update so far. She wasnt bad to begin with and they added too her and changed her Sig. Traditionally they have dug deeper on the other updates which requires beta testing and other rework. Plus we don't know how long they worked on Gamora overall. We just know they changed her with the update.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

DrZola said:

Denslo500 said:

Anyone else frustrated?

3. Test new abilities.
    5. Then they release.

Dr. Zola
    @DrZola yes.... I know. If you read the whole thread you would see where mentioned that already, but please, quote me incorrectly about it. Gamora is the only "simple" older champ update so far. She wasnt bad to begin with and they added too her and changed her Sig. Traditionally they have dug deeper on the other updates which requires beta testing and other rework. Plus we don't know how long they worked on Gamora overall. We just know they changed her with the update.
    Fair enough, and you did mention her up top. I wasn’t trying to argue your point—rather, just underscoring that there are ways to tweak champs without a total overhaul that requires a beta. I think a lot of people would be on board with fixes like that, especially with the older champs in our rosters who gather dust.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    For those that are favored by RNGesus, please ignore this entire thread. You cannot understand.

Some of us have rosters full of trash champs.
    Our only hope is for Kabam to bring them up to a competitive level.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Denslo500 said:

Anyone else frustrated?

3. Test new abilities.
    5. Then they release.

Dr. Zola
    Fair enough, and you did mention her up top. I wasn’t trying to argue your point—rather, just underscoring that there are ways to tweak champs without a total overhaul that requires a beta. I think a lot of people would be on board with fixes like that, especially with the older champs in our rosters who gather dust.

Dr. Zola
    There are a few examples like that, but not all Champs can be done in the same fashion. It entirely depends on the prospective changes.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Why would they want to buff all the OG Avengers who are all garbage this month?
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    A couple sets of reworks per year is probably about all you can expect and I feel like that's enough. Sure it'd be great to wake up one day and all the REALLY underpowered champs have gotten a boost but that's horribly unrealistic to expect. They've done a decent enough job with the champs they've reworked so far so no real reason to change how they've been going about it
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019

A couple sets of reworks per year is probably about all you can expect and I feel like that's enough. Sure it'd be great to wake up one day and all the REALLY underpowered champs have gotten a boost but that's horribly unrealistic to expect. They've done a decent enough job with the champs they've reworked so far so no real reason to change how they've been going about it

At a rate of 4-6 champ reworks per year it's going to take at least ten years just to get through the currently available champs that need it. To me that's the real issue.
  • Options

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Denslo500 said:

Anyone else frustrated?

3. Test new abilities.
    5. Then they release.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    There are a few examples like that, but not all Champs can be done in the same fashion. It entirely depends on the prospective changes.
    Definitely. But there are some truly long suffering ones who could benefit from even a nominal boost. Take Magneto for example—he has an existing damage cap when awakened (Refraction/Urgent Refraction). It doesn’t seem like it would take much to scale those numbers up so he operates
    more like Iceman with Ice Armor. Restore the bleeds on his specials. If you wanted to go all out, maybe extend his immunity against Korg’s Rock Hard Thorns to all spiked armor, thorns, electroshock, etc. (since he is an energy attacker who isn’t actually making physical contact).

I’m not suggesting that takes only a few minutes of coding. But given that it wouldn’t alter any of the graphical display of the champ and would work within the existing framework of the champ, it definitely seems like something that could be done on a more frequent than 1-2 times a year basis. And while it wouldn’t make Mags a top tier champ, it would enhance his viability.

I suppose it all gets entangled in the questions about the “meta” of the game—does it skew things too far one way or another? But there are usually several new champs released throughout the year that absolutely trash the old meta, sometimes in ways no one expected (hello, 4* exclusion). Throwing owners of tired, old champs a bone doesn’t seem like it will irretrievably tilt the balance of the Contest.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    Some much needed Mutant reworks could come with Dark Phoenix maybe.
  • Options
    Well, the meta always plays a factor. The internal data does as well. There are some we consider low, but are not that low in the scoring. I think a couple each quarter would be reasonable to revisit.
    I agree with Magneto, on the basis that both versions are so close.
This discussion has been closed.