**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ghost players. I need your help regarding The Hood synergy.

SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
I play her a ton, but outside of some crazy powergain stuff in Variant1 and some obvious matchups for tanking L3s, I never use The Hood synergy.

It was time for some ROL testing and such, and wanted to see how far I could get with her without items. Of course, I figured I’d need Hood for this. Here’s the deal,

I can’t seem to avoid Recoil from my own specials more than like 1/10 times. It seems you have about a millisecond to phase before it initiates. Often it seems it has kicked in before she’s even landed. Which means a phase is impossible.

Excuse my ignorance on this, but I always viewed this as a viable HP saver. It is extremely useful and easy to pull off for tanking L3s (which is insanely powerful), but is it actually reliable for avoiding Recoil?

I’m sure I just need to practice the timing. The window seems extremely tight. Any help?

Comments

• Options
    jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    I think that it’s self inflicted ergo Hood doesn’t effect it? I really don’t know
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    Can someone explain to me what that hood synergy actually do because I’m pretty confused when I see it
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    It is reliable for avoiding recoil, however, it’s a very nuanced thing that could be compared to hitting an all crit sp2 with ghost without the wasp synergy. Possible, but hard. I expect it’s just something that gets better with practice.
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Can someone explain to me what that hood synergy actually do because I’m pretty confused when I see it

You take no damage while phasing
  • Options

Zuro said:

Well don’t you already take no damage or do you mean like direct damage
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    I think once you're solid at it, you can probably avoid the recoil around 75% of the time, if you're really focused on it certainly more. I'm probably around 50% unless i'm really paying attention to it, but that's after months of ghost play and her being my main war attacker for a few seasons
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Also keeping in mind if u use sp1 you can’t pheas after only sp2
  • Options
    diegobdias84diegobdias84 Posts: 101
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Means take no damage even for SP3
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Also keeping in mind if u use sp1 you can’t pheas after only sp2

I was testing sp1 a ton. That may have had something to do with it.

Thanks, guys
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    You can’t do it with SP1 since you can’t phase after. But you can reliably phase the recoil on SP2. I can do it 8-9/10 times.
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Means take no damage even for SP3
    Ah okay thanks