**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Infinity Thanos is probably the best boss fight design in this game's history

Comments

• _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    He would be, if the game was running optimally.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    I like the idea, but the last part feels too hard. The first two parts are very easy, but the third one is by far the hardest
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

This is how I feel. Great concept, but the mechanics are horribly buggy. Lagging moves, and AI that behaves unpredictably. Sitting with him at 1% on Master, 500 Units later, because he either won't Dash half the time, or the controls are moving slower. Good Fight overall, just a horrible requirement when things aren't cooperating.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Dkutctgh said:

This is last years boss
    Maybe you should read properly
    The thread may have started last year regarding last years thanos boss, but this thread was recently revived and right now we are discussing uncollected nameless.
    Just an update, got him down. The Fight was good. I just wish the mechanics were in a better state. All-in-all, a good Fight.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    I’m all for bosses being difficult. Add some more damage and health. I think reverse controls is ridiculous. The constant debuff immune, unstoppable, and unblockable has gotten annoying.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Sirmacool said:

I’m all for bosses being difficult. Add some more damage and health. I think reverse controls is ridiculous. The constant debuff immune, unstoppable, and unblockable has gotten annoying.

More damage and health is just lazy design.
    For that matter, Inverted Controls is easy to get used to. Swipe the opposite direction. Takes some practice, but it's easy to get once you adjust. It's a brain exercise.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Hydra Adaptoid.
  • FlinxFlinx Posts: 14
    Good fight, terrible rewards.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I just spent about 500 units on the fight (I was using 4* champs). This will probably be my first full exploration of uncollected EQ. Was it fun (however frustrating it was)? Yes. It took me a lot of tries, but I finally got used to phase 2. Was it worth it? Probably not, but all it cost me was in game currency. However, I wish they did give an extra reward for such a difficult fight, especially since the rest of this month has been a bit hit-or-miss.
  • BrandonmballouBrandonmballou Posts: 219
    Is this sarcasm I'm reading or do all of you work for kabam
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

It’s hard yes, but it’s skill based, not luck based or “you need to have X champion or good luck lol” there are different ways to approach it as well. You could go for Hyperion to get through phase one with the power gain or you could use Corvus for the critical blocked hits. Phase 2 is really anyone; then 3 you wanna either have tanky champs, strong L3 champs, avengers, or safeguard folks like LC and GP.

You don’t need a perfect roster and there are many “solutions” but it’s still challenging. Honest challenge (minus the bugged state at the beginning, but that’s whatever). With nothing impossible when you have a decent roster and good skill.
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    I killed meastro with a 3* starlord hardly comparable to this months thanos boss who demand you to intercept him in the final phase both master and the uncollected.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

When the first Infinity Thanos came out I thought it was the most fun I had, and it took me many tries to figure it all out. But I praised the design because there was no prologue with large energy costs to reach the Thanoses, Thanii, the two Thanos, so you could practice a lot. Given the normal costs to complete a full explore of an Uncollected map you could probably practice for several dozen times spending the same amount of energy as in any other month. So it came down to figuring out strategy and tactics, and practicing muscle memory.

One single hard run was a lot more entertaining than a half dozen repeated runs costing tons of energy, only to die to a boss and have to start all over or spend potions and units on. I honestly hoped aloud something similar would arrive in the future.

The fact that you think only two kinds of people would claim to like this content, people who want to see players fail and people who are lying, tells me your exposure to the wide range of game players that exist is extremely minute.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Lainua wrote: »
    Monthly EQ needed to designed in a way that every Uncollected players have hope to beat it. They don’t necessarily do. But they need to feel that if they try hard and spend something they will get it eventually. If they don’t have that feeling, then Kabam fails.

Why wouldn't that apply to this fight?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Lainua said:

In my case I’m willing to spend something like 10 revives to take the boss down and if I think I would have to spend way more to beat him I would not care to do unless the win gives me something really special like first 6* or resources to rank 5 a champ I love. It’s the basic understanding in the game. Everyone has a ceiling that they will not pass unless they get great things back.

But as I said many time EQ rewards are out of date.

Since you cannot spend less than 10 revives beating him then don’t do. No one forced you to. Others are able to do so so stop whining like a kid about rewards. Like what @Drooped2 mentioned before, if only you spent last month learning the game instead of exploiting bounties, you most probably could handle him.

On a side note, enjoy your bounty exploit punishment. 😊