**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What year did classic Vision and classic Ultron enter the contest?

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
I've been looking at some pictures made by KABAM last year when the first Variant came out.
They are pictures of champions that enter the contest accordingly to year.
I've noticed that both the champions mentioned in the title aren't in any of those years.
So, why?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    I believe Classic Ultron came around the same time as LOL. He was originally one of the prizes. If I'm not mistaken. Otherwise, he predates me.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,805 ★★★★★

I believe Classic Ultron came around the same time as LOL. He was originally one of the prizes. If I'm not mistaken. Otherwise, he predates me.

U are not mistaken GroundedWisdom at least for Classic Ultron being playable. I’m not sure if he was or had appeared on a quest node till then.
    As for the Classic Vision the one and two star versions were available since I started (may’ 16). After some months if I remember correct the playable three and four star versions came out as a unit offer.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I've been looking at some pictures made by KABAM last year when the first Variant came out.
    I've noticed that both the champions mentioned in the title aren't in any of those years.
    So, why?

OG was a release date champion , AOU was may of 2015.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Lormif said:

So, why?

I don't understand what do you mean by "a release date champion".
    As for Vision AOU, yes he was released in 2015.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    OG vision was in the game since the beginning (I think so). AoU Vision came in the same update as Black Widow and Hulkbuster, on 3.0.0, around the Avengers:Age of Ultron movie. AoU Ultron waz added in the next month I believe.
    Classic Ultron is a reward for 100% LoL, so it's in the game since the release of it
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

So, why?

I don't understand what do you mean by "a release date champion".
    As for Vision AOU, yes he was released in 2015.
    what is hard to understand, he was in the game on the release day of the game, he was a release date champion.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★

• ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Repto23 said:

I don’t think that is accurate the game came out in 2014 and most of the champs in the 2015 section are 2014 as they came when as soon as the game was released like iron man for example

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    The spotlight for Ultron (Classic) was posted on May 2017.

Spotlight here.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Original 27 champs when game appeared.

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,419 Guardian
    Think all the original champs (December 2014) are jump lumped into the 2015 year because game just came out at end of the 2014 year and starting from scratch with 0 users obviously prior to that.

And doesn’t those 2015 specific rankup Gems include those original Dec 2014 heroes ? Another reason they’re just commonly referred to as 2015.

Also, not sure what OTHER pictures that OP would have been looking at that couldn't find those 2 versions of Ultron and Vision. Did another group like Trucos put out some other type of year-based guide ?