**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

"Crit me with your best shot" node is bugged

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
edited May 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
This node (in UC EQ, 1.2) appears to be bugged; in that it doesn't appear to be affected by Ability Accuracy reduction.

Phone - Moto G4-Plus
Android, latest update

I've tried fighting against Ghulk and Red Skull with Sig65 Black Widow (65% AAR or 80% Vs Science) and she doesn't do damage on any of several dozen non-critical hits. She ought to be damaging on 80%, so I don't think this was a statistical fluke!

In case it was, I also used CapIW for his SP1 (-100% AAR when Kinetically charged), and that didn't do damage on non-critical hits either. I did check I was charged!

I don't need tips from the community, btw. Cap did a great job; and Corvus did an even better one. But surely AAR should be able to get around this protection, just like it can with Safeguard?

Also, while you're working on it, could you consider changing the node description? It appears that the fact no Damage over Time effects are effective is intentional; but the actual node description gives no clue to this at all; and DoT is an effective option around Safeguard, by comparison. Perhaps just changing it to "This champion only takes damage when struck by a critical hit."?

Thanks guys. Still loving the game, as always. 👍

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    No, the node isn't affected by ability accuracy modification. Not a bug, thats how it is supposed to work
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

This node (in UC EQ, 1.2) appears to be bugged; in that it doesn't appear to be affected by Ability Accuracy reduction.

Phone - Moto G4-Plus
    Android, latest update

I've tried fighting against Ghulk and Red Skull with Sig65 Black Widow (65% AAR or 80% Vs Science) and she doesn't do damage on any of several dozen non-critical hits. She ought to be damaging on 80%, so I don't think this was a statistical fluke!

In case it was, I also used CapIW for his SP1 (-100% AAR when Kinetically charged), and that didn't do damage on non-critical hits either. I did check I was charged!

I don't need tips from the community, btw. Cap did a great job; and Corvus did an even better one. But surely AAR should be able to get around this protection, just like it can with Safeguard?

Also, while you're working on it, could you consider changing the node description? It appears that the fact no Damage over Time effects are effective is intentional; but the actual node description gives no clue to this at all; and DoT is an effective option around Safeguard, by comparison. Perhaps just changing it to "This champion only takes damage when struck by a critical hit."?

Thanks guys. Still loving the game, as always. 👍

Why would you think AAR would effect the node? Further more, why would they need to include DoT effects info? DoT effects arent critical hits so they wont do any damage at all. This node isn't like safeguard at all. It's more like Life Transfer. Regular hits don't do anything but specials will.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The node description says that the only damage that the defender can receive is via crit hits. If it's not a crit, then it doesn't do damage. DOT doesn't crit, so no damage dealt.

To me, it's working as intended. Doesn't me I like it though.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

No, the node isn't affected by ability accuracy modification. Not a bug, thats how it is supposed to work

Thanks for the opinion Wisp, but I'd rather hear it from a member of the design team. Clearly you've observed the effect and you're assuming it's intentional; but that doesn't make it so.

Why wouldn't this protective mechanism be affected by Ability accuracy reduction?

Rage, Safeguard, Protection Shielding... all vulnerable to AAR.

This is an induced ability (one which is generated as a result of a hit) rather than something permanent like "+80% Physical Resistance".

Also, as a rule, if something isn't affected by Ability accuracy reduction, it will say so. Like Ronin switching stance, Darkhawk switching modes, and so on.

Name another inducible ability that isn't affected by AAR without stating explicitly that this is the case?

This is an induced ability (one which is generated as a result of a hit) rather than something permanent like "+80% Physical Resistance".

That node is also affected by ability accuracy reduction, at the start of the fight.
    Some nodes/abilities were made in a way to not be affected by it, in order to create a new playstyle and "force" the player to play around it
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    Bane isnt affected by AAR :p
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★

Thanks for the opinion Wisp, but I'd rather hear it from a member of the design team. Clearly you've observed the effect and you're assuming it's intentional; but that doesn't make it so.

Why wouldn't this protective mechanism be affected by Ability accuracy reduction?

Also, as a rule, if something isn't affected by Ability accuracy reduction, it will say so. Like Ronin switching stance, Darkhawk switching modes, and so on.

Name another inducible ability that isn't affected by AAR without stating explicitly that this is the case?
    Rage is not efcte either
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Rage is not efcte either
    Rage used to be affected but kabam changed it a few months after it came out

Thorns?
    Starburst?
    Bane
    Biohazzard
    Spiked Armor
    Physical Perfection
    Crit me your best shot :smile:

I'm pulling these from memory as I use the Trinity a lot while questing. I'm not 100% on thorns and startburst but I am fairly certain they aren't affected as most responses are "bring a heal champ" when people ask. There are many nodes that are effected by AAR but they don't state that they are or aren't. We know they are because we have seen it happen.

Thorns?
    Starburst?
    Bane
    Biohazzard
    Spiked Armor
    Physical Perfection

AAR works just fine against Spiked Armour and Biohazard. Take Falcon into this month's UC EQ (2.1) or RTTL 4.1 if you want to check it out.

Bane and Starburst aren't induced effects; they last the whole fight. Transferring Bane is an inducible effect; but I'm happy to concede this is probably immune to AAR. Good call.

...There are many nodes that are effected by AAR but they don't state that they are or aren't. We know they are because we have seen it happen.

Seeing it happen isn't the same as it being intended to happen, though, is it? Isn't it worth us questioning these things?

From my perspective and understanding of the game, this looks and feels as though it's unintentional, and therefore a bug; so I raised it as one.

Still, the total lack of any comment from the mods over the last couple of days is as good a sign as any that you guys are right, and that this node is "working as intended".

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Could dominos crit bleed do damage?
    Kobster84 said:

Could dominos crit bleed do damage?

Don't think so. It's not an attack or hit

Thorns?
    Starburst?
    Bane
    Biohazzard
    Spiked Armor
    Physical Perfection

AAR works just fine against Spiked Armour and Biohazard. Take Falcon into this month's UC EQ (2.1) or RTTL 4.1 if you want to check it out.

Bane and Starburst aren't induced effects; they last the whole fight. Transferring Bane is an inducible effect; but I'm happy to concede this is probably immune to AAR. Good call.

...There are many nodes that are effected by AAR but they don't state that they are or aren't. We know they are because we have seen it happen.

Seeing it happen isn't the same as it being intended to happen, though, is it? Isn't it worth us questioning these things?

From my perspective and understanding of the game, this looks and feels as though it's unintentional, and therefore a bug; so I raised it as one.

Still, the total lack of any comment from the mods over the last couple of days is as good a sign as any that you guys are right, and that this node is "working as intended".

You say bane and star burst arent induced because they last the whole fight.... So how is that any different than the Crit me your best shot node? It also last the entire fight. I still don't get your hangup. If it could have been effected by AAR, it would have. It obviously isn't so it can't. Whats so hard to understand about it?
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 410 ★★★
    Ghost and Wasp make nothing of that node

Thorns?
    Starburst?
    Bane
    Biohazzard
    Spiked Armor
    Physical Perfection

I still don't get your hangup. If it could have been effected by AAR, it would have. It obviously isn't so it can't. Whats so hard to understand about it?
    Um - do you play the game?

Why are you even reading the 'Bugs' section if you think everything always works the way it's supposed to?
    Well, the node is not bug at least.
    I can understand if the text induces to error, but that's just it

Well, the node is not bug at least.
    I can understand if the text induces to error, but that's just it

Fair enough. It is what it is.

Shall we just let the thread die now, folks?