**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How do you grade this event?

Comments

• tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    Completely missed opportunity
    Kabam missed a great opportunity to have good relationship with player base and show them they come first. This month should have been fun and exciting. Rather, it was frustrating.

• Gambl0rGambl0r Posts: 210 ★★
    Very disappointing. The biggest movie in Marvel's history, and Kabam put forth a bugged, low reward stingy event. Not even a special calendar or some kind of incentive to celebrate a ground breaking Marvel stepping stone. The movie broke box office records, this event should've mirrored that, and blown us all out of the water. What a let down

I do the monthly quests and side quests every single month. This is the first time in a long time I'm skipping the whole thing. I'm just going straight to uncollected for the sole purpose of trying to beat Thanos, although the rewards are not scaled for such a challenge.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

RogerRabs said:

mike867 said:

Lainua said:

mike867 said:

IDK what u guys are talking about? My fellow debater @GroundedWisdom agrees with me and we both voted for the same option.

There hasn't ever been any other content in MCOC where you spend more on units and revives than actually watching ENDGAME. This content is probably the best out there. Im ready to get some negatives on my credit card! Been a longtime since that happened

Your friend can’t choose a name more unfit with his wisdom.
    OK LISTEN.... My friend there has connections amongst Kabam mods. He has been known to have all people who speak against him banned, either permanently or temporarily.

If you don't believe me, ask ilacskills. He even made a video about it. So you better watch what u saying

*sarcasm ofc.*
    Okay, you need to stop saying things like that. I don't know why you had to try and drag me into this. If you don't care for me, don't talk to me, and don't Tag me.
    I don't "get people banned", and I don't have any different connections than anyone else. It's not my fault people got called out for exploiting. They can take responsibility for their own actions, instead of blaming the system.
    TL:DR - Stop trying to start with me on every Thread. I've had enough.
    You voted that the event was Great!

Care to share what's so "great" about it? I'm actually curious how someone can have that opinion.
    Sure. I like the design of it. Most people focus on the Rewards to base their views, but I look at the overall design. I like how it's been laid out over time, and how it brings some new uses for Champs that are not used as much.
    I guess I can appreciate you looking at it that way, but I have to disagree. The idea is not a terrible concept, I like buffing the OG Avengers with different powers. It's how they executed the concept that bums me out.

Where we differ is that I do take into consideration the payoff for the event (which is terrible) and the implementation of the idea (also very poorly done).

This should have been a month where we celebrate Marvel and the amazing achievement of the last decade. Instead we get a half baked event that isn't even working properly.

Huge wasted opportunity imo.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Great!
    I can respect you feel that way. I like it. Can't speak for anyone else.
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    Great!
    With this team... Easy
    :D
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Great!
    mike867 said:

You like something you can't even complete or know what it is. What are the nodes and interactions of Havok fight with CAP and IM?
    I'm not debating my opinion on the Event, thanks. You can share your own.
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 281 ★★★
    Thanks for everyone’s feedback thus far, but please remember to keep your comments constructive. Personally, I don’t feel that this event comes anywhere near the level that Endgame’s buzz has created. A challenge should have been incorporated instead of wasteful ranking of completely outdated champions. Expected so much more than what we were given thus far, but maybe Kabam will have a twist up their sleeve in order to salvage things...?
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★

Thanks for everyone’s feedback thus far, but please remember to keep your comments constructive. Personally, I don’t feel that this event comes anywhere near the level that Endgame’s buzz has created. A challenge should have been incorporated instead of wasteful ranking of completely outdated champions. Expected so much more than what we were given thus far, but maybe Kabam will have a twist up their sleeve in order to salvage things...?

Sadly bud they will ignore and continue to milk whales. Love the optimism though. Unfortunately I lost mine ages ago.
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    Totally Meh
    Monthly event quest is typical with the same rewards. Wish this had a special reward of sorts.

Obtaining and using stones via two different quests while in concept form is a great idea, was poorly executed with champs allowed to be used.

Still hoping for something to pop up in the following weeks to sweeten this endgame content
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Good
    The Thanos boss was fun, and the quests leading up to it are achievable. This will be my first full exploration of Uncollected EQ actually. The Quest for the Stones are a bit tedious though, but you don’t really need to do more than one full exploration. OG Cap was good for Save the Battlerealm, but they kind of missed the mark for OG Ironman. Finally, I don’t mind the less than stellar drops from the Last Stand crystals since you get them almost for free, and the extra shards and t4 fragments are a nice bonus.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    MiStaLova said:

With this team... Easy
    :D

Yep that 1:25 iron man is gonna get you places in this event 😂 nice void though
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Totally Meh
    Not good probably worse month since I started playng
  • ZaptosdakingZaptosdaking Posts: 65
    Good
    The xp is okay
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Totally Meh
    Meant to click "missed opportunity"

Bugs still not fixed
    Iron man vs havok really kabam?
    Awful rewards
    Culmination of all MU and this us what we get
    I just need gold and T2 alpha, not "infinity shards" with a 99% for used napkins
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    mike867 said:

You like something you can't even complete or know what it is. What are the nodes and interactions of Havok fight with CAP and IM?
    I have some issues with both the event design and some of the reward structure, but to be fair whether I can complete an event or not has no direct bearing on my opinion of the design or implementation of an event. Being able to complete an event provides me with more information about the event in theory, and it might give my opinion more credibility to others, but it wouldn't actually change my opinion either way.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Love the Thanos boss!
    To me, the largest issue with the reward structure is that the greater event crystals have items that are legitimately useless to mid level/advanced players in them. With 6* champs taking over, it feels really bad to put forth time and effort into the content and be rewarded with 4* sig stones for example. It's one thing to have a chance to win something great, but miss and land something good. It's another to land on something literally useless after spending your time completing content. The 4* stones should have been placed in the middle crystal, not the greater one.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Gmonkey said:

The most worrying thing for Kabam I have no reason to login this month as a closer to endgame player (no pun intended). I have 5 r5 1 six star r2 and can r5 another. I am bored only have to 100% 6.1 and LoL, no side event to keep me interested.
    War AI is very broken. Map 5 sentinels AI is such a chore in waiting. Last month I had to login often but rewards were worth it. People are not happy I hope they do something or lots of playerbase may leave.

I wonder whether this metric will show up for the team, or if people like you (and me) aren’t in their core market anymore for these types of events.

Much of this month’s content feels like it can be left for a while—which is precisely what I’m doing with a lot of it.

The Ebony Maw event seems bugged and not worth the effort until all 6 stones are available. Timing on a number of fights feels off. And I’m sitting KO’d after an initial run at UC Thanos with 30% health left and just waiting to collect more units & free pots until I decide whether to restart or stay on this run.

It’s actually kind of nice. Weather is warm and there’s plenty to do outdoors. But I wonder if this was the intended effect of this update.

Dr. Zola
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    Just tried playing the EPIC quest again and failed. Looks like I won't be investing any revives into this mess. Who oversaw and tested this? Was it even tested? :smiley:

Feels like 3 completely different projects were scrapped and someone's 10 year old nephew pasted them together.

Insane energy requirements for this type of event
    Extremely difficult content
    RNG rewards

Man, I can't think of a worse event. Are you guys shutting down or something? This event feels like a half empty department store right as it's about to close.