**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Attacks critting on glancing

Comments

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

When ther glances you sp2 can be blok

There needs to be some sensible and consistent order of operations or priority. If the attack is unblockable from the instant I hit the button, and he is standing there in hit stun, he should get hit and that hit could glance, but he shouldn't be able to block AND glance. Otherwise, what's preventing champs from blocking with glance in the middle of a clean combo (which never happens)?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/u0nZStwG0ss
    @Kabam Miike here is proof glancing is not working as intended I am using a champ with no ability accuracy reduction or guaranteed crits
    Can a mod please look at the video I posted
    Can a mod please look at the videos above
    edited April 2019
    I decided to make a new post as the last one just got completely ignored
    https://youtu.be/u0nZStwG0ss Please can a mod look at this ghost rider has no improved crit rate guaranteed crits or ability accuracy reduction
    This significantly increases the damage reflected back in variant 2 as its basing it off the original crit damage not the 50% reduced one
    Marri_2 said:

What?

Attacks are critting on glancing even though your not able to crit on a glancing hit while this is an advantage against cap iw and ant man regularly it’s is an extreme disadvantage in variant 2 as it can lead to 1 mess up on doing the wrong move taking a massive chunk of your health
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    which antman are you fighting, as that does not appear to be variant 2. With such a short fight and not knowing the node/buffs on that node it is impossible to see what is going on, and this should be in bugs anyways.
    oh and who is on your team.
    Lormif said:

which antman are you fighting, as that does not appear to be variant 2. With such a short fight and not knowing the node/buffs on that node it is impossible to see what is going on, and this should be in bugs anyways.

It is masochism team had no synergy’s I had known of this before but never had a video and while just recording for fun got this bug to come up it’s annoying in variant 2 as you lose a massive chunk of your health when you shouldn’t
    Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

It is masochism team had no synergy’s I had known of this before but never had a video and while just recording for fun got this bug to come up it’s annoying in variant 2 as you lose a massive chunk of your health when you shouldn’t
    You are still not describing the full details of the video so there is no way to confirm what you are saying.. This antman does not appear to be in variant, his pi is 15k, variant 2 starts close to 30k. We still dont know who is on your team or the node buffs/debuffs. All of this is needed, not jsut recommended, to verify something.
    edited May 2019
    Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

You are still not describing the full details of the video so there is no way to confirm what you are saying.. This antman does not appear to be in variant, his pi is 15k, variant 2 starts close to 30k. We still dont know who is on your team or the node buffs/debuffs. All of this is needed, not jsut recommended, to verify something.
    It’s been happening in variant 2 as well I’ll try get a video but the whole thing is that the attack glanced and also critted which isn’t meant to happen
    Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

It’s been happening in variant 2 as well I’ll try get a video but the whole thing is that the attack glanced and also critted which isn’t meant to happen
    I just tested it with a couple crit heavy champs in variant 2, and could not duplicate it, every time I crited was a time I did not get a glance with the exception of domino that had a corresponding crit fail. This is why you need all the details out there, otherwise there is no way to help ya.
    https://youtu.be/Y2u3nx0hU_k
    @Lormif took me like 10 seconds to replicate in variant 2 here should clear things up
    @Kabam Miike here is proof
    https://youtu.be/lSisDeCKykE Here is one with domino
    https://youtu.be/9OnmSwCUN_g Also a portion of the damage is double according to kabam
    https://youtu.be/9OnmSwCUN_g
    https://youtu.be/lSisDeCKykE
    https://youtu.be/Y2u3nx0hU_k
    Here we can see the “portion of damage reflected is actually double and that attacks are glancing on crits @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra please respond all my other posts on this have been ignored
    look all I’m asking is for you to look at the videos you’ve put more effort into ignoring the thread rather then looking at some 10 second videos
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Apologies for the delayed response here. We have a couple of incoming updates related to this, now noted in our Known Issues thread.

- Damage is not being reflected back against glanced attacks on Captain America Infinity War while on the Micro Reflect node. This will be fixed in an upcoming update.

- Champions can land a Critical Hit on Glancing. This issue will be fixed so that Champions will no longer be able to land a Critical Hit when Glancing, even if it was a guaranteed Critical Hit. Therefore Micro Reflect will only reflect back regular, non-critical damage. This will be fixed in an upcoming update.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Apologies for the delayed response here. We have a couple of incoming updates related to this, now noted in our Known Issues thread.

- Damage is not being reflected back against glanced attacks on Captain America Infinity War while on the Micro Reflect node. This will be fixed in an upcoming update.

- Certain Champions can land a Critical Hit on Glancing. This issue will be fixed so that Champions with guaranteed Critical Hits (like Corvus or Ghost) will no longer be able to land a Critical Hit when Glancing and therefore will only reflect back regular, non-critical damage from the Micro Reflect node. This will be fixed in an upcoming update.

I’m not sure if you saw but champs with non guaranteed crits we’re getting critical hits on glancing attacks
    Also glancing is returning double the damage dealt instead of a portion as the node describes @Kabam Lyra thanks for reading
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Kobster84 said:

- Certain Champions can land a Critical Hit on Glancing. This issue will be fixed so that Champions with guaranteed Critical Hits (like Corvus or Ghost) will no longer be able to land a Critical Hit when Glancing and therefore will only reflect back regular, non-critical damage from the Micro Reflect node. This will be fixed in an upcoming update.

I’m not sure if you saw but champs with non guaranteed crits we’re getting critical hits on glancing attacks
    @Kobster84 Yes, that is correct. The wording has been updated to be a little more clear about that.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Hey all,

This raised a very interesting question... Which is the victor, "Can't" or "Always"? There are many different instances of interactions like this in the Contest, and our team is going to look into them. We would like them to be uniform across all abilities in game, so it might take some time for us to evaluate which should take precedence (we've always internally leaned on "can't" trumping "always"), and then look for all instances of these interactions in the game before we can implement changes.

Hmm, sounds like an "Unstoppable Force meets Immovable Object" situation...
  • ColeJaxsonColeJaxson Posts: 6
    Guaranteed the fix will still deduct Corvus charges for non crit attacks.