**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spiderman evading mid heavy

Fighting as Captain America IW against Spiderman classic in AW.

Parried Spidey and hit him with a heavy attack. CapIW's heavy is multi hit - the first hit made contact then Spidey evaded the next hits and countered before the single heavy attack completed. Surely evading mid-hit of a multi-hit heavy attack should not be possible if you've connected with the first hit.

I've never seen it before in my years of playing this game. If he'd evaded the first hit then it'd be fine but he didn't so he should not be able to evade until the attack completes.

Is this a bug?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    No, it happens across many champions. Not sure if it happens with everyone
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

No, it happens across many champions. Not sure if it happens with everyone

My corvus heavy has been evaded mid heavy too. Frustrating but doesn't seem to be a bug.
  • Captain_CaymanCaptain_Cayman Posts: 62
    Thanks, just wanted to check. Seems like bad design though.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    exept sp3, evaders can start evading when they feel that way.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Had it happen to me when using Hype. Really annoying.
  • The_WatcherThe_Watcher Posts: 148
    edited May 2019
    Happened with Hyperion almost every 2 out of 3 times and everytime its the last part where the opponent evades which points out to the AI reaction times which is way off since v.22 (like Sentinel sp1 is still an issue).

Edit: It was in arena, duels, EQ and with any opponent.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

why is it bad design? if the champion is not stunned he has the chance to evade any attack.
  • The_WatcherThe_Watcher Posts: 148
    Lormif said:

why is it bad design? if the champion is not stunned he has the chance to evade any attack.
    It's true if the AI evades the first hit of my heavy, but in this case, first hit connects whereas since its a multi-hit heavy the remaining hits don't which leaves my champion open for counter. This opening cannot be controlled since It's in-between heavy animation.

Also, it's not limited to evade champions but any champion since the AI dashes back (or even blocks) the rest of the heavy animation after being hit successfully on first heavy hit. Like I said, it seems like AI is recovering way fast after the first hit of heavy which gives them enough time to react to block/evade other hits of that same heavy. Hopefully I could explain, I'm tired and sleepy right now :sleepy: .
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

It's true if the AI evades the first hit of my heavy, but in this case, first hit connects whereas since its a multi-hit heavy the remaining hits don't which leaves my champion open for counter. This opening cannot be controlled since It's in-between heavy animation.

Also, it's not limited to evade champions but any champion since the AI dashes back (or even blocks) the rest of the heavy animation after being hit successfully on first heavy hit. Like I said, it seems like AI is recovering way fast after the first hit of heavy which gives them enough time to react to block/evade other hits of that same heavy. Hopefully I could explain, I'm tired and sleepy right now :sleepy: .
    When you are in the middle of a combo your attacks do not leave you open to counter, but they do leave them open to evade. The second, or third part of your heavy protects you from counter, but does not sun them so they can evade. Spiderman has always been able to evade multiparty heavies...