**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Community's Choice: Champion Update

Comments

• ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Colossus
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    #Pray4Colossus
  • iamthegodofwariamthegodofwar Posts: 74
    Can’t they just rework all of them?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,553 Guardian

Venompool
    Old Man Logan
    Groot
    Colossus
    Howard the Duck
    Iron Patriot
    Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)

My vote would probably go to Colossus. Second place would be Groot. Third would be Old Man Logan.
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    I think I'd vote for Groot or OML...Colossus is such a meme at this point I don't want his meme to go away, lol. Also, love that the devs are doing something like this; I understand that these take a while to do, and I love that we get to have a say in what it is. Awesome event!

So, my vote is definitely going to be Colossus. I've personally been pitching a rework for him for quite some time that would give him a little more attack power, but really amp up his defensive capabilities. I'm not designer though, so I doubt that my idea would make it.

Why do I think Colossus should win? Partially just because he is one of my favourite Marvel Characters. I remember seeing him appear on the old Cartoon for the first time. This big metal man with a heart of gold, and all he wanted to do was protect his village and his sister (spoiler alert: It's Magik, even though she never used her powers in the show).

Then in X-Men vs Avengers, when he takes on part of the Phoenix Force, he became part of the Phoenix 5, which are still one of my favourite iterations of the Mutant team.

Fast Forward to Deadpool (his roles in the other X-Men films were sometimes cool but never at the forefront of the film), and there's Colossus again, once again the big metal man with the heart of gold. Only now, he's ready to kick ass, which he really gets into in Deadpool 2.

Anyways, game wise, I think he could be a great tanky defender, but personally, I just want to buff up one of my favourites.

PS. In case of a tie, I get to cast the tie breaking vote, and if it's a tie with Colossus... You've all been warned :tongue:

Anyways isn't a word. It's anyway. Can't be plural. 😝
    A lot of people colloquially use "anyways" instead of "anyway" but proper English does mean all those "anyways" should really be a bunch of anyways instead.
  • Colossus and iron Patriot
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★

Venompool
    Old Man Logan
    Groot
    Colossus
    Howard the Duck
    Iron Patriot
    Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)

1. Colossus
    2. Iron Patriot
    3. Groot
    4. Kamala Khan
    5. Old Man Logan
    6. Venompool
    7. Howard the Duck
  • KingStarckKingStarck Posts: 1
    Colosso deve e merece ser melhorado
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Since we have only one to choose, I'd have to say KK. She's been a Meme for far too long. #justiceforembiggen
    Vdh2008 said:

Not sure why we need a 3 month process to update one champ. Why not just do what you did with Gamora and up them all?

Gamora took more than 3 months to update.
    That’s not my point. You updated her without an announcement or build up. You guys should honestly be releasing 2-4 champ updates a month with how many truly terrible champs there are.

You need to prioritize those in the 6* pool first. There is nothing worse than waiting months to get a crystal only to pull a:
    Phoenix
    Xpool
    Both cyclops
    Ant man
    Pun 2099
    Hulk buster
    Cable
    Storm
    Rocket
    Daredevil
    Rocket
    Cap WWII
    black bolt
    Juggs
    Beast
    Karnak
    King groot
    Jane foster
    Loki
    Sentry
    King pin
    Thor rags
    Drax
    Rhino
    Moon knight
    Civil warrior

This garbage make people want to quit the game. One champ that isn’t even a 6* three months from now doesn’t mater.
    2-4 Champion Updates a month would mean that we can't release a New Champion for over a year. This is not an easy process, takes a lot longer than it may seem. There is almost no difference between reworking a Champion and creating a new one from scratch.

We are trying to get to do as many of these reworks as we can, but I want to make sure you guys understand that doing them at a pace quicker than we have been or have laid out is not physically possible, and I don't want anybody to get ahead of themselves and think that we'll be able to update a new Champion every month or two.
    I think the issue is that some of these trash tier champs can be "fixed" very easily. You don't need to completely reinvent the wheel here. Add some attack to some that need it. Some armor or fury to others. By all means if you want to select 1 or 2 to "re-design" go ahead, but some of these can be made relevant very easily.
    If you were the only designer working on the game, answerable to no one, managed by no one, and working in conjunction with no one, this would be easy. But in the real world, this isn't easy. You'd get stopped immediately by a producer or a manager asking you to justify the work you want to do to "easily" fix those champs, demonstrating that those changes would work, would not introduce balance issues, did not have any unusual interactions with other champs, and wouldn't need to be immediately revisited in their haste. And if you bribed your way past that gatekeeper, your coworker that has been thinking about much more interesting ways to buff those champions other than with a numbers fudge would toss you out the window, as those quick hacks would, if they worked, immediately destroy any chance of getting anything better into the game in the future.
    Vdh2008 said:

We are constantly being told that the team that creates new champs is different from the team that fixes bugs, etc, etc. You can easily create new champs AND fix trash tier champs.

I'm pretty sure that the same people that make new champions also rebalance older champions. Those would be champion designers. They work on champion design. They can't generally investigate game mechanics, systems design, server implementation, cloud APIs, platform engines, or the artsy content (sound, visual fx, model animations and kinematics, etc). Most "bugs" aren't in the champion design, although some are. When the bug is or is likely in the design, it is probably the responsibility of the designer of the specific champion to investigate.
  • ProjectWeaponXProjectWeaponX Posts: 14
    Colossus
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I’m sure this will sound cynical and has already been mentioned but it seems like the focus is on the horrible champs without 6* versions. Magneto is by far one of the most requested buffs, but the fact he’s a 6* I guess you guys don’t want to give us too much. You guys did buff LC, Rulk, and Gamora which are 6* and those were good but at this point I think you should focus on champs with long term longevity, 6* versions. There’s plenty of those you can uff including Magneto, DD, IF, Jane, HB, Rhino, and Antman. It’s really disconcerting to see this list of champs you guys picked.

Also I didn’t see it mentioned but why only one champ now? Is the timeline for doing one champ per buff now quicker than 2 champs? You guys have done just fine buffing 2 champs at a time and even did 3 with SG, Shula, and Gamora. Just not understanding the reasoning.
    V1PER1987 said:

I’m sure this will sound cynical and has already been mentioned but it seems like the focus is on the horrible champs without 6* versions. Magneto is by far one of the most requested buffs, but the fact he’s a 6* I guess you guys don’t want to give us too much. You guys did buff LC, Rulk, and Gamora which are 6* and those were good but at this point I think you should focus on champs with long term longevity, 6* versions. There’s plenty of those you can uff including Magneto, DD, IF, Jane, HB, Rhino, and Antman. It’s really disconcerting to see this list of champs you guys picked.

Also I didn’t see it mentioned but why only one champ now? Is the timeline for doing one champ per buff now quicker than 2 champs? You guys have done just fine buffing 2 champs at a time and even did 3 with SG, Shula, and Gamora. Just not understanding the reasoning.

This is a no-win situation for Kabam. If they release Groot as a 6* now, they will be accused of releasing a meme champ into the 6* pool. But if they buff Groot now, they will be accused of buffing a champ with no 6* version. Since the backlash would be roughly the same regardless of the order of events, there's nothing to be gained by Kabam incorporating this knowledge into their champion buff priorities.
  • WillycristianWillycristian Posts: 5
    Venompool
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Y'all better vote Kamala Khan. For the love of all things holy.
  • DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    Colossus....he should be a heavy hitter like star lord
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    Blackbolt should be on the list, the king of the Inhumans does not even come near his queen, he gains fury by catching ...

• LiambeestxLiambeestx Posts: 1
    Venompool or Howard the duck! they're the most fun to play
    V1PER1987 said:

Also, this is just a guess, but I think they are letting us vote on one champ, but then based on the winner the devs will pick a second champ to buff. The logic is that if you're going to buff two champs, sometimes you can leverage the work you do to buff one champ into another champ if it makes sense. Think Spider-Gwen and She-Hulk: it is obvious there was some shared thought between those two.

Again, this is just a guess, but maybe if we vote Groot, they will buff Groot and OML at the same time since they are similar in mechanics. Maybe if either Venompool or Howard win they will also buff the other. That sort of thing. Not saying they will do this, but this would make sense to me.
  • SynguinSynguin Posts: 2
    MAGNETO

He should be more powerful than most mutants.

• Iron patriot y Magnetos
  • SeimmerSeimmer Posts: 4
    Honestly, Colossus is the one in most need for an update from that list and, imo, of all the champs.
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    @Kabam Miike or whomever is moderating this thread.. why did y'all delete my post? I didn't break any rules that im aware of, and there aren't any 'warnings' in my inbox.. what gives?
    I gave my reason for thinking Colossus will get my vote, and why Khan would need serious buffs to outweigh her many meme worthy shortcomings.

I can type it out all over again, but is it just going to get deleted again?
  • In my opinion I know that the 2015 mutant gem has close to no use but I cant ignore the blessing kabam is trying to give us, yes colossus is a meme and should be buffed but its sad that venompool, a combination of two incredible marvel characters is barely usable yes the cosmic class is stacked and of course the endgame that have Corvus, Angela, medusa, Hyperion dont need anymore of these but what about the lower tier players that only pull these types of champions I personally want venompool to be buffed but im sure the community would be happy if both colossus and venompool got buffed at the same time ive pullet venompool 3 times and got sad every time because I want to use him I want him to be good this post might get ignored but for those of you who read and vote thank you have an amazing day
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    Colosus..
    very useless, need more buff
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Really, only one champ. That sucks. But I have to say colossus.
This discussion has been closed.