**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Community's Choice: Champion Update

Comments

• K1NGinTheNorthK1NGinTheNorth Posts: 15
    Old Man Logan or Iron Patriot for sure. Both have the potential to be much more fun.
  • Kent1323Kent1323 Posts: 3
    Colossus and Magneto, first choice, Colossus.
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★

Howard the Duck — not a real character. No need

He is a real character. You must be thinking of Venom the Duck, the fake character who is a great champ.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    I vote groot
    #Buffgroot2019
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    Thor jane foster - juggernaut
  • _Paradox__Paradox_ Posts: 2
    1. KK
    2. Colossus
    3. Iron Patriot
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

I’m sure this will sound cynical and has already been mentioned but it seems like the focus is on the horrible champs without 6* versions. Magneto is by far one of the most requested buffs, but the fact he’s a 6* I guess you guys don’t want to give us too much. You guys did buff LC, Rulk, and Gamora which are 6* and those were good but at this point I think you should focus on champs with long term longevity, 6* versions. There’s plenty of those you can uff including Magneto, DD, IF, Jane, HB, Rhino, and Antman. It’s really disconcerting to see this list of champs you guys picked.

Also I didn’t see it mentioned but why only one champ now? Is the timeline for doing one champ per buff now quicker than 2 champs? You guys have done just fine buffing 2 champs at a time and even did 3 with SG, Shula, and Gamora. Just not understanding the reasoning.

This is a no-win situation for Kabam. If they release Groot as a 6* now, they will be accused of releasing a meme champ into the 6* pool. But if they buff Groot now, they will be accused of buffing a champ with no 6* version. Since the backlash would be roughly the same regardless of the order of events, there's nothing to be gained by Kabam incorporating this knowledge into their champion buff priorities.
    That doesn’t really address my curiosity on why not just buff 6* champs that are already in the pool like Magneto, HB, Rhino, etc. The overwhelming backlash already happened for when they got added so they might as well redeem themselves and buff some of them.
    Because it only delays the inevitable. If the list they provided are among the lowest performing champs, ignoring them completely to buff higher performing champs that have already been released in the 6* crystal would be defeating the purpose of buffing the lowest performing champs, and in the meantime you still would be faced with the deadlock between buffing a champ not in the 6* crystal, or adding a low performing champ to the 6* crystal.

You said it yourself: the "backlash" for champs like Magneto has already occurred. Any "redemption" they might get for buffing him will happen whenever that buff happens, but they aren't really losing anything by not doing it now. Since there's no net gain buffing Magneto today or tomorrow, they might as well continue to proceed as they originally intended.

Or to put it another way: the question isn't "why not" but "why?" They have a normal process for buffing that involves whatever internal process they use to select those champs. Abandoning it to divert attention to lower performing champs in the 6* crystal gains nothing in the long run, so there's no compelling reason to change strategy.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    #HTDGODTIER2019
  • CaboDestro1CaboDestro1 Posts: 54
    Old man Logan or Iron Patriot. Regeneration with a buff easy call. Save some health pots!
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

I’m sure this will sound cynical and has already been mentioned but it seems like the focus is on the horrible champs without 6* versions. Magneto is by far one of the most requested buffs, but the fact he’s a 6* I guess you guys don’t want to give us too much. You guys did buff LC, Rulk, and Gamora which are 6* and those were good but at this point I think you should focus on champs with long term longevity, 6* versions. There’s plenty of those you can uff including Magneto, DD, IF, Jane, HB, Rhino, and Antman. It’s really disconcerting to see this list of champs you guys picked.

Also I didn’t see it mentioned but why only one champ now? Is the timeline for doing one champ per buff now quicker than 2 champs? You guys have done just fine buffing 2 champs at a time and even did 3 with SG, Shula, and Gamora. Just not understanding the reasoning.

This is a no-win situation for Kabam. If they release Groot as a 6* now, they will be accused of releasing a meme champ into the 6* pool. But if they buff Groot now, they will be accused of buffing a champ with no 6* version. Since the backlash would be roughly the same regardless of the order of events, there's nothing to be gained by Kabam incorporating this knowledge into their champion buff priorities.
    That doesn’t really address my curiosity on why not just buff 6* champs that are already in the pool like Magneto, HB, Rhino, etc. The overwhelming backlash already happened for when they got added so they might as well redeem themselves and buff some of them.
    Because it only delays the inevitable. If the list they provided are among the lowest performing champs, ignoring them completely to buff higher performing champs that have already been released in the 6* crystal would be defeating the purpose of buffing the lowest performing champs, and in the meantime you still would be faced with the deadlock between buffing a champ not in the 6* crystal, or adding a low performing champ to the 6* crystal.

You said it yourself: the "backlash" for champs like Magneto has already occurred. Any "redemption" they might get for buffing him will happen whenever that buff happens, but they aren't really losing anything by not doing it now. Since there's no net gain buffing Magneto today or tomorrow, they might as well continue to proceed as they originally intended.

Or to put it another way: the question isn't "why not" but "why?" They have a normal process for buffing that involves whatever internal process they use to select those champs. Abandoning it to divert attention to lower performing champs in the 6* crystal gains nothing in the long run, so there's no compelling reason to change strategy.
    The “lower performing” champs in the 6* crystal are just as “low performing” as the champs on that list. I agree buffing 6*’s for the sake of buffing 6* is not a valid argument. However, the argument that the champs in the 6* crystal are “higher performing” is also invalid.
  • azhie06azhie06 Posts: 33
    Where is Rhino, Ant man, Groot i think we don't have to discuss this you better update all the champ that being left behind by the new champ
  • TheMethodTheMethod Posts: 189
    I think the most OBVIOUS choice isn't on the list. THE JUGGERNAUT should be one of the very very best champions in the game, but instead is borderline useless. Just think for a second, if this game never existed, who would be on the shortlist of champions who would dominate a one on one battle in a confined area. The Juggernaut would crush everyone. Magneto is also extremely underwhelming in this game, and among the champions listed i may vote Colossus. Not biased towards x-men, but again he would be on the shortlist of champions who should excel in this sort of combat.
  • Daito53Daito53 Posts: 1
    I think Civil Warrior should be first on this list, not only is he in need of a buff but he is an original Champion created for this game, I just feel like a champion that represents this game should be more than just a head shaking meme whenever he is pulled.
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    It's got to be Colossus. Every other class has at least one really good choice for the 2015 rank up gem. Mutant does not.
  • raphamarxraphamarx Posts: 2
    This time Colossus, but the Cyclops need attention
  • MDarwishMDarwish Posts: 68
    Storm
    Beast
    DD org
    HTD
    Magneto
    Lady Thor
    Iron Fist
    .. I believe all version of 6* should take update
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Groot
  • Thiago_0807Thiago_0807 Posts: 6
    Colossos , Juggernaut, Hulk , magneto ... esses e muitos outros são muito fortes nas HQS mais aqui é uma piada .... não demora mais com essas atualizações tem que fazer por mês .. pelo menos 2 hotéis por mês ... não seja negligente com os antigos heróis .. e com os jogadores experientes..
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited May 2019
    Kabam, I have 4 of 6 champs in that list as 5* (no KK or VP for me).

Personally I will vote for Colossus (or IP) to get buffed, they are in need for one the most and I have them duped. Also Venompool and Kamala Khan comparatively are really decent compared to the rest 4 of that list.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    Kinda disappointed that hulk buster isn't on the list...
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    Or UC for that matter. Everyone vote colossus and then maybe UC will also get a buff in turn
  • WalterdoWalterdo Posts: 3
    I personally would like groot to get a buff, he has always been a prominent hero in marvel, plus he has been a powerful one at that. I am biased because I have one at 3/45, but I believe that he deserves one
  • My vote is Venompool & Groot......they could both use a boost
  • DIE73LDIE73L Posts: 2
    I vote Colossus. He was my first 5* but not really worth anything right now.
  • DIE73LDIE73L Posts: 2
    Colossus
This discussion has been closed.