**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you think device "Shape" has any effect on game play?

DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Hello I play on a tablet that is almost like a square 6.5inches to 7.5 inches (16-19 centimeters)
And heroes are very close to each other,almost make it impossible to perform "shallow evade" even regular dexterity evades are tough which sometimes result in a "parry"

I tried playing on a friend's iphone ,measurements are very different...2.8 inches to 5.7 inches and heroes seem reallllly apart from each other which made things soo easier

Am I just dreaming?anyone else played on several devices where the shape seemed like mattered?
Look at how close my Iceman is standing and this is not even the shortest distance since he is still running forward and check how Gulk and Drax seem distant to each other

Comments

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    It does seem smaller. Here is what mike looks like an an iPhone 7+

• DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    thanks,so you also think there are differences between these screenshots...distance wise?
    Device history
    iPhone 5s
    iPhone 6s
    iPhone 7+
    I have played on nothing but iPhones so I can ivy speak to iPhones.
    However I will say going from the 5s to the 6s and then eventually to the 7+ I did notice holding the phone differently and it seemed the fighting map was a bit different in size. Now I don’t know if that’s just trickery or not.

Device history
    iPhone 5s
    iPhone 6s
    iPhone 7+
    I have played on nothing but iPhones so I can ivy speak to iPhones.
    However I will say going from the 5s to the 6s and then eventually to the 7+ I did notice holding the phone differently and it seemed the fighting map was a bit different in size. Now I don’t know if that’s just trickery or not.

thank you that was helpful...I now believe width&length ratio definitely makes things easier
    DemitriM said:

thanks,so you also think there are differences between these screenshots...distance wise?

Oh I definitely do. Just looking at health bar positions shows the realestate is much bigger.

Now if that will correlate to making it harder on smaller/“weird” shaped devices IDK. I would assume it would. But I’m not smart in this matter of things lol.
    right! I didnt notice the healthbar differences

shorter distance makes evading baiting specials tougher,you have limited time to react,same goes for intercepts as well,also less time to react and dash in
    That’s crazy. If it effects the game that much that’s another reason why I’ll never not have a phone size like the 7+

That’s crazy. If it effects the game that much that’s another reason why I’ll never not have a phone size like the 7+

the only way to actually test it, is recording gameplays on different size devices, adding timestamps on them to check how much time it takes for the opponent to reach our heroes when they dash in...