**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Introducing: Objectives

Comments

• Gambl0rGambl0r Posts: 214 ★★
    edited April 2019
    So good job on modifying the objectives, but where is the time limit? Are they permanent until you complete them?

Edit: Just noticed it's Summoner's Journey tab. I think they said that these are permanent?
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    These are the worst add ons yet, if they didn't have to update you every time you got one 1/100 slowing down game play even more they might not be too bad. But of all bugs, game play issues and poorly thought out ideas this is the only one that makes me want to quit the game.
    A quick games a good game
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    These are gonna make Legends runs sooooo annoying.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

This isn’t the biggest deal but it’s embarrassing at how obvious the lack of QA/QC is happening at Kabam.

On a more positive note I really love these objectives and although the rewards are smaller in some cases, they are really great considering it’s stuff you would do normally anyway. Keep up the great work on this and keep them coming!

What was the issue ??

Also, I had started going thru claiming the ACT-3 Objective that just came out, then was gonna save the rest since they had Refills I don't need right away.
    Came back in and they all went away, and I see are now granted in lump sum in Mail Msg now, haha. Which saves the time of clicking them all.

Although I thought I saw an ALLIANCE HELP Objective (before it went away), did that get rolled into mail msg as well (for experienced players to not have to worry about) ???
    The issue is each milestone says one number but the counter is another number. Ie it says 15 dodges but the counter is 20.
    I agree with you here definitely, but I'm just wondering regarding objectives (achievements pretty much) such as the glory one or the complete the expert basic t4 alpha quest fully and get a full t4 basic for fully exploring it... will that return? If anyone knows please chime in! Honestly when I saw that I had newfound faith in the future of mcoc seriously! Most people don't do those types of quests anyways, so I'm really really hoping this is like a weekly feature but will see either way I truly feel like this may rejuvenate the game for most long time players! 😎
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

crogs said:

How can i rank up a 4* avenger if all of the avengers are already on rank 3/30 . As it is i can't get the rewards for ranking one up to rank 4 and i cant do the first one . This need fixing.

I know right. Same here. all my 5* are at R2 also. So we get penalized for already completing these accomplishments prior to these objectives. Maybe Kabam does not want seasoned summoners to be playing this game anymore. Looks like they are focused only on new players.

I am seriously considering "End Game" after the "End Game" month. After taking my 5* Venom to R5, I have realized that it will be years before I can do any kind of ranking that will make a difference in my team. Acquiring the necessary resources to rank a 5* to R5 takes way too long unless you are shelling out big bucks on the game.
    Funny. I've gone the casual route and can complete the Epic EQ consistently but not Explore it. I have four or five r4 5*s and zero shot at taking one to R5. I haven't even amassed one full t5b yet.

So doing things to help get t5b shards and coming away with junk pretty much stinks. Especially wasting resources to rank up champs you'll never use. Sorry. I'll never r4 an unduped 5* Hulk when I have an r4 duped 5* cage and maxed 4* Rulk. I wouldn't have even r2'd him right now if not for the event as I was saving the basics to R4 SL who is much more useful than an unduped hulk.
    Like me, you’ve been around this game a long time. What is interesting to me is being an in-betweener on content more frequently than I used to be: solo objectives clearly aren’t designed for veterans, but things like the Maze and other top tier content can be out of reach or an uncomfortable stretch.

Certainly, there’s a business need to develop newer player populations as well as to create content and products that milk cash “COWs.” In-betweeners, who may have dropped most or all of AW or AQ and are either F2P or occasional spenders, basically just take up server space without generating substantial return—which is why I suspect there’s not a specific effort to generate items or content for that segment.

Ultimately, it’s fine—the game can still be enjoyable even at a relaxed level. But it risks terminal boredom for long-term players when prizes are either things those players haven’t needed for a long-while or require significant further investment of real and virtual resources.

Dr. Zola
    This is way more complicated than I'm suggesting here, but there is a general idea that if we break up all players everywhere into three very coarse groups: "beginners," "in-betweeners," and "end gamers" then the player distribution is going to look like an inverted horseshoe. Relatively few players will be all the way at the start or all the way at the end, and most players will bunch up in the middle. The game actually balances progression around those middle players - content like the monthly quests and the progressional rewards. It is really the players at the far ends of the spectrum that need anything "special" - end game players by definition have exhausted the majority of the progressional system, and players perennially stuck at the beginning have obviously somehow failed to benefit from the progressional system (or they wouldn't be stuck in the early parts of the game for any length of time). Some spread out of the players is reasonable and unavoidable, but game developers will try to keep them from spreading out too far.

As a result, it can seem like beginners and end gamers get way more special attention, because they sort of do. Beginners get a lot of benefit from things like the calendar (at least the main one, which gives the same rewards to everyone, which is proportionately higher benefit for lower players), or things like Gwenpool at the Movies which is content very obviously intended for the vast majority of players to complete for intermediate rewards. And end game players get end game content. But end game players actually tend to get content that has less rewards relative to effort or difficulty, because it is important to satisfy two conditions: make content appropriate to their strength, but also push them *inward* towards the middle.

The core fundamental parts of the game are designed specifically with the "in-betweeners" in mind, and as long as those players are progressing forward the game is functioning as intended. But because this works almost invisibly, it can seem like they get the least attention. In fact, they get the most attention in the sense that the entire primary reward and progress system is designed specifically with them in mind.
    Oversimplification, yes. But also directionally accurate—like a lot of things, I would bet the distribution of all MCOC players looks something like a standard normal.

Major issue: the big, fat middle is a ton of very different segments. It’s my firm conviction that the game satisfaction of most in-betweeners declines the closer they are to the endgamer segment. Why is that? Probably as many reasons as there are data points in that segment.

Dr. Zola
    I think the reason game satisfaction declines the closer a player gets to the endgame segment is due to the amount of time it takes to rank up your star players. The ability to gain 2 T5B takes so long and even long to get 3 in order to take a 6* to R2. There is a world of difference between an R5 5* and an R4 and I am sure that this is the case for a R2 6*. It is this time period where people get tired of waiting for these resources. Mid-players are still ranking up 5* to R3 and 4* to R5. Lots of opportunities to do this.
  • It more exciting!
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    TaZ_4178 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

This isn’t the biggest deal but it’s embarrassing at how obvious the lack of QA/QC is happening at Kabam.

On a more positive note I really love these objectives and although the rewards are smaller in some cases, they are really great considering it’s stuff you would do normally anyway. Keep up the great work on this and keep them coming!

What was the issue ??

Also, I had started going thru claiming the ACT-3 Objective that just came out, then was gonna save the rest since they had Refills I don't need right away.
    Came back in and they all went away, and I see are now granted in lump sum in Mail Msg now, haha. Which saves the time of clicking them all.

Although I thought I saw an ALLIANCE HELP Objective (before it went away), did that get rolled into mail msg as well (for experienced players to not have to worry about) ???
    The issue is each milestone says one number but the counter is another number. Ie it says 15 dodges but the counter is 20.
    I agree with you here definitely, but I'm just wondering regarding objectives (achievements pretty much) such as the glory one or the complete the expert basic t4 alpha quest fully and get a full t4 basic for fully exploring it... will that return? If anyone knows please chime in! Honestly when I saw that I had newfound faith in the future of mcoc seriously! Most people don't do those types of quests anyways, so I'm really really hoping this is like a weekly feature but will see either way I truly feel like this may rejuvenate the game for most long time players! 😎
    Highly doubt you're getting two t4b and a t4c weekly...
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

crogs said:

How can i rank up a 4* avenger if all of the avengers are already on rank 3/30 . As it is i can't get the rewards for ranking one up to rank 4 and i cant do the first one . This need fixing.

I know right. Same here. all my 5* are at R2 also. So we get penalized for already completing these accomplishments prior to these objectives. Maybe Kabam does not want seasoned summoners to be playing this game anymore. Looks like they are focused only on new players.

I am seriously considering "End Game" after the "End Game" month. After taking my 5* Venom to R5, I have realized that it will be years before I can do any kind of ranking that will make a difference in my team. Acquiring the necessary resources to rank a 5* to R5 takes way too long unless you are shelling out big bucks on the game.
    Funny. I've gone the casual route and can complete the Epic EQ consistently but not Explore it. I have four or five r4 5*s and zero shot at taking one to R5. I haven't even amassed one full t5b yet.

So doing things to help get t5b shards and coming away with junk pretty much stinks. Especially wasting resources to rank up champs you'll never use. Sorry. I'll never r4 an unduped 5* Hulk when I have an r4 duped 5* cage and maxed 4* Rulk. I wouldn't have even r2'd him right now if not for the event as I was saving the basics to R4 SL who is much more useful than an unduped hulk.
    Like me, you’ve been around this game a long time. What is interesting to me is being an in-betweener on content more frequently than I used to be: solo objectives clearly aren’t designed for veterans, but things like the Maze and other top tier content can be out of reach or an uncomfortable stretch.

Certainly, there’s a business need to develop newer player populations as well as to create content and products that milk cash “COWs.” In-betweeners, who may have dropped most or all of AW or AQ and are either F2P or occasional spenders, basically just take up server space without generating substantial return—which is why I suspect there’s not a specific effort to generate items or content for that segment.

Ultimately, it’s fine—the game can still be enjoyable even at a relaxed level. But it risks terminal boredom for long-term players when prizes are either things those players haven’t needed for a long-while or require significant further investment of real and virtual resources.

Dr. Zola
    This is way more complicated than I'm suggesting here, but there is a general idea that if we break up all players everywhere into three very coarse groups: "beginners," "in-betweeners," and "end gamers" then the player distribution is going to look like an inverted horseshoe. Relatively few players will be all the way at the start or all the way at the end, and most players will bunch up in the middle. The game actually balances progression around those middle players - content like the monthly quests and the progressional rewards. It is really the players at the far ends of the spectrum that need anything "special" - end game players by definition have exhausted the majority of the progressional system, and players perennially stuck at the beginning have obviously somehow failed to benefit from the progressional system (or they wouldn't be stuck in the early parts of the game for any length of time). Some spread out of the players is reasonable and unavoidable, but game developers will try to keep them from spreading out too far.

As a result, it can seem like beginners and end gamers get way more special attention, because they sort of do. Beginners get a lot of benefit from things like the calendar (at least the main one, which gives the same rewards to everyone, which is proportionately higher benefit for lower players), or things like Gwenpool at the Movies which is content very obviously intended for the vast majority of players to complete for intermediate rewards. And end game players get end game content. But end game players actually tend to get content that has less rewards relative to effort or difficulty, because it is important to satisfy two conditions: make content appropriate to their strength, but also push them *inward* towards the middle.

The core fundamental parts of the game are designed specifically with the "in-betweeners" in mind, and as long as those players are progressing forward the game is functioning as intended. But because this works almost invisibly, it can seem like they get the least attention. In fact, they get the most attention in the sense that the entire primary reward and progress system is designed specifically with them in mind.
    Oversimplification, yes. But also directionally accurate—like a lot of things, I would bet the distribution of all MCOC players looks something like a standard normal.

Major issue: the big, fat middle is a ton of very different segments. It’s my firm conviction that the game satisfaction of most in-betweeners declines the closer they are to the endgamer segment. Why is that? Probably as many reasons as there are data points in that segment.

Dr. Zola
    I think the reason game satisfaction declines the closer a player gets to the endgame segment is due to the amount of time it takes to rank up your star players. The ability to gain 2 T5B takes so long and even long to get 3 in order to take a 6* to R2. There is a world of difference between an R5 5* and an R4 and I am sure that this is the case for a R2 6*. It is this time period where people get tired of waiting for these resources. Mid-players are still ranking up 5* to R3 and 4* to R5. Lots of opportunities to do this.
    That’s one aspect. I think two more are: (1) pure disenchantment with the way pRNG works in this game for champ and resource acquisition and (2) the fact that core Marvel characters are often far from useful (example: OG Cap, outside the current event, is a pretty depressing pull).

Those may not be exclusive to upper in-betweeners, but I suspect they grate on that segment a little more than those at the lower end of the progression scale.

Increased autonomy over rosters/resource acquisition is a good thing. Making core Marvel properties not stink in game is also a good thing.

Back to the topic: at some level, objectives could be somewhat good for that, but for now it feels like a bunch of free/low effort stuff that is as fleeting as a sugar high.

Dr. Zola
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    I like objectives and think its fun idea altho wish there was another way to earn dungeons shards without actually doing dungeons lol
  • I think the POP-UP's should be LIMITED to when you ACTUALLY COMPLETE an Objective. Don't need the pop ups all the other times you’re just going from 5/100 to 6/100 in some category.
  • luffy_91luffy_91 Posts: 27
    luffy_91 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Our 23.0 Release will introduce a brand new feature to the Contest! Introducing, Solo Objectives!

Solo Objectives are a set of Tasks for Summoners to complete in order to earn Rewards.

There are “Summoners Journey” objectives that will help new Summoners learn the ropes and progress in the earlier stages of the game, and special event related objectives that will run for a limited time alongside in game events!

Objective Chains

Objectives come in “chains”, which are made up of several tasks related to your activity across all the varied stories and challenges of The Battlerealm.

Objectives in the same chain will need to be completed in order, and rewards from each Objective must be claimed before moving to the next objective in the chain.

For example, A chain could have 4 objectives to be completed in order:
    - Complete a Proving Grounds Quest on Easy difficulty or above
    - Explore a Proving Grounds Quest on Easy difficulty or above
    - Level Up a 2 Star or above Champion to Max Level
    - Rank Up a 3 star or above Champion

Many objectives will ask users to take on harder versions of the same challenges as they progress.
    - Complete a Proving Grounds Quest on Medium difficulty or above
    - Explore a Proving Grounds Quest on Medium difficulty or above
    - Level Up a 3 star or above Champion to maximum

Summoners Journey Objectives:

These objectives will lead newer players through Act 3, and show them the basics of joining an Alliance, completing Arenas, Dungeons, Dailies and much more.

Each Objective can only ever be completed once. You will not be able to claim rewards for completing the same actions repeatedly. More Objectives will become available as you raise your Summoner Level.

When Solo Objectives are active, you’ll get a notification and will be able to check in on your progress from a button located on the lower Navigation Bar of your Home Screen.

I’m already way past Act 3!

If you’re one of our more experienced Summoners, you won’t have to do early game content all over again! Story Objectives will autocomplete up to the Act that you are currently on. If you are past Act 3, this will complete all of them.

Other early game Objectives will also autocomplete if you are 10 levels above the threshold at which it is unlocked. For some of the later objectives, you will have to be 20 levels above the level for them to autocomplete. Some of our more difficult objectives that test your skill will not autocomplete.

Special Objectives:

Special Objectives will be introduced with new Events in the Battlerealm! There won’t always be new ones every month, but check back periodically for new Objectives that align with new Events.

Your first experience with these will be with later this month with the upcoming Avengers’ Last Stand Event Quest. You’ll be able to earn Last Stand Crystal shards, which will also be rewards in other events this month. You’ll be able to purchase those crystals in the Special tab of the Crystal Vault.

Solo Objectives unlock at Level 6 and will begin to roll out in waves next week. Some objectives will become available later in the month, so keep an eye out throughout the Month for more Summoner’s Journey and Avengers’ Last Stand Objectives! You must be on the newest version of Marvel Contest of Champions to participate.
    These objective seem grate, but, there are objectives like "Rank up a 3* Avenger". The problem here is that I have maxed all my 3 stars and I'm sure most of the community has. So do we get the rewards for those objectives. How do we go about that @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

Still waiting for an answer @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 650 ★★★
    luffy_91 said:

luffy_91 said:

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Our 23.0 Release will introduce a brand new feature to the Contest! Introducing, Solo Objectives!

Solo Objectives are a set of Tasks for Summoners to complete in order to earn Rewards.

There are “Summoners Journey” objectives that will help new Summoners learn the ropes and progress in the earlier stages of the game, and special event related objectives that will run for a limited time alongside in game events!

Objective Chains

Objectives come in “chains”, which are made up of several tasks related to your activity across all the varied stories and challenges of The Battlerealm.

Objectives in the same chain will need to be completed in order, and rewards from each Objective must be claimed before moving to the next objective in the chain.

For example, A chain could have 4 objectives to be completed in order:
    - Complete a Proving Grounds Quest on Easy difficulty or above
    - Explore a Proving Grounds Quest on Easy difficulty or above
    - Level Up a 2 Star or above Champion to Max Level

Many objectives will ask users to take on harder versions of the same challenges as they progress.
    - Complete a Proving Grounds Quest on Medium difficulty or above
    - Explore a Proving Grounds Quest on Medium difficulty or above
    - Level Up a 3 star or above Champion to maximum

Summoners Journey Objectives:

These objectives will lead newer players through Act 3, and show them the basics of joining an Alliance, completing Arenas, Dungeons, Dailies and much more.

Each Objective can only ever be completed once. You will not be able to claim rewards for completing the same actions repeatedly. More Objectives will become available as you raise your Summoner Level.

When Solo Objectives are active, you’ll get a notification and will be able to check in on your progress from a button located on the lower Navigation Bar of your Home Screen.

I’m already way past Act 3!

If you’re one of our more experienced Summoners, you won’t have to do early game content all over again! Story Objectives will autocomplete up to the Act that you are currently on. If you are past Act 3, this will complete all of them.

Other early game Objectives will also autocomplete if you are 10 levels above the threshold at which it is unlocked. For some of the later objectives, you will have to be 20 levels above the level for them to autocomplete. Some of our more difficult objectives that test your skill will not autocomplete.

Special Objectives:

Special Objectives will be introduced with new Events in the Battlerealm! There won’t always be new ones every month, but check back periodically for new Objectives that align with new Events.

Your first experience with these will be with later this month with the upcoming Avengers’ Last Stand Event Quest. You’ll be able to earn Last Stand Crystal shards, which will also be rewards in other events this month. You’ll be able to purchase those crystals in the Special tab of the Crystal Vault.

Solo Objectives unlock at Level 6 and will begin to roll out in waves next week. Some objectives will become available later in the month, so keep an eye out throughout the Month for more Summoner’s Journey and Avengers’ Last Stand Objectives! You must be on the newest version of Marvel Contest of Champions to participate.
    These objective seem grate, but, there are objectives like "Rank up a 3* Avenger". The problem here is that I have maxed all my 3 stars and I'm sure most of the community has. So do we get the rewards for those objectives. How do we go about that @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
    Still waiting for an answer @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

Score 1.4m in the ronin 3* arena?
  • postsaverpostsaver Posts: 11
    How am I supposed to do these ones? All my avengers have been maxed previously to be more productive in avenger use events. Similar to my xmen. Are we getting a new avenger?
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    postsaver said:

How am I supposed to do these ones? All my avengers have been maxed previously to be more productive in avenger use events. Similar to my xmen. Are we getting a new avenger?

I believe ronin is an avenger but we won’t know till he is released
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,608 Guardian
    edited April 2019
    For 3* Avenger Rankup, it is easy... Sell your 3* CapAmerica (OG), and then do a run thru Quest for the Stones to earn him as 3* again, can do multiple runs too if you want to do all of the “Get a 3*” Objective without waiting for future weeks. Or sell/re-earn a different Avenger each week from Quest for Stones if you would rather keep Cap at higher Sig Level.

Then rank him up from scratch for the rankup Objective.

postsaver said:

I believe ronin is an avenger but we won’t know till he is released
    Austin, you can check Ronin's profile from the match up screen before you fight him. Just click the box underneath his PI.
  • pooldead1725pooldead1725 Posts: 55
    how many Summoners Journey Objectives will come out in total, I have just completed all of them until now and I wait for the next ones or they will not come out anymore @Kabam Miike
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    So I just noticed that in the summoners journey, under alliance fighting, that we get 200 glory twice , but to collect the second 200 we have to spend 600 glory. That’s kind of low even under kabam standards. Unefnreal !
  • Fishman46Fishman46 Posts: 4
    Just noticed on win an arena fight with an avenger, if I win 3 fights using 3 different avengers, it only gives me credit for 1 win. Is it supposed to do this? Anyone else notice this?
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    crogs said:

TaZ_4178 said:

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

What was the issue ??

Highly doubt you're getting two t4b and a t4c weekly...
    Honestly they can keep the t4cc... i'd be happy with just the basic t4 you know
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Mainer123 said:

So I just noticed that in the summoners journey, under alliance fighting, that we get 200 glory twice , but to collect the second 200 we have to spend 600 glory. That’s kind of low even under kabam standards. Unefnreal !

Why? Do you never spend glory, ever? 600 glory is nothing. It’s basically a discount of your next item. Buy a full T4B and get 200 glory back. Buy 2 alpha and get 200 glory back. I don’t understand this complaint.
  • Can we get autocomplete on special objectives? Specifically the 3* & 4* avenger leveling task. Long since done that to all champs possible.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Will the 5-Star Vision offer come back during these Avenger Objectives? Aside from Thor and Scarlet Witch, I believe he's the only 5-Star Avenger I'm missing to take to Rank 2 for the Objective.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    Ebbtide said:

Will the 5-Star Vision offer come back during these Avenger Objectives? Aside from Thor and Scarlet Witch, I believe he's the only 5-Star Avenger I'm missing to take to Rank 2 for the Objective.

How dare you have ranked up you 5*s you should have left them all at R1 in preparation for these objectives that we had no idea were coming.
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 618 ★★
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but how often does the Summoners Journey tab reset? there's no countdown on it and I've completed everything there a few days ago.
    Dtl7714 said:

Ebbtide said:

How dare you have ranked up you 5*s you should have left them all at R1 in preparation for these objectives that we had no idea were coming.
    So true. lol I am in the same boat. Ranked up all my 5* to R2 for arena. I will never be able to complete the rank up a 5* Avenger to R2. This is what I get for being efficient in the game prior to the event. In the 5* arena, you can get a death match with R1 5*. My bad. lol
  • TesteTeste Posts: 1
    Isto é uma farsa
  • MauNolanMauNolan Posts: 1
    Yes