**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Variant 1 synergies not working

I’ve tried a few times to use Things synergy with The Champion, and it fails against robot defenders including Ultron. I tried this last week and it failed with Angela, Hela, and The Champion synergy.

Basically, Thing doesn’t go indestructible, nor does he gain his 20% health from Angela and hela synergy. I have attached a video showing Champion and Thing synergy not working again today. I figured new update would help, but I guess it didn’t.

https://youtu.be/fuj_WuVNJpA

Comments

• OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    I couldn't tell you about the Champion synergy, but the Hela+Angela synergy only has a 20% chance of triggering when all 5 champions are not knocked out.

EDIT: Just realized this video doesn't have the hela/angela synergy active, so never mind. I'll see if I can figure out the champion one... My guess is that it thinks the Fate Seal is active, so doesn't place the indestructible.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

I’ve tried a few times to use Things synergy with The Champion, and it fails against robot defenders including Ultron. I tried this last week and it failed with Angela, Hela, and The Champion synergy.

Basically, Thing doesn’t go indestructible, nor does he gain his 20% health from Angela and hela synergy. I have attached a video showing Champion and Thing synergy not working again today. I figured new update would help, but I guess it didn’t.

https://youtu.be/fuj_WuVNJpA

What nodes does that boss have? Is there any ability reduction? Also if that L1 has multiple hit points, it can still knock you out before the synergy can take effect.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Not sure about Ultron, but don’t the Mystic drones prevent all buffs for both sides?
    https://youtu.be/j553ZTHcy5A

Dont know what you mean by all bots. Heres Nebula and Darkhawk. Works perfectly fine.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★

Amonthir said:

Not sure about Ultron, but don’t the Mystic drones prevent all buffs for both sides?

That’s what I thought too, but Same thing was happening with all bots. Not all the time either, just random. Also thing is immune to nullify and stager, non of those show up on him.

I changed up the team to heimdall, Champion, Angela, Classic Thor and Thing, it worked every time, no issues. Just a bit harder to get the health back up once you’re at 1 health.

Also tested the same team in video of act 6, and some wonky stuff happens with the health. One run had 50% degen then restore. I happen to get hit to 1% health, then restored 75% health when the 50% degen was done, then let myself get hit to death to see if indestructible was gone, but it worked and left me at 1 health.
    The mystic drone effect is more like a passive Fateseal, so it would still block it there. Other issues may involve the order of the champs, I know someone mentioned something like that on the Reddit board a while back, although I am not sure which synergies they were talking about. Think it involved Heimdall or Champion though.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

Ordalca said:

I couldn't tell you about the Champion synergy, but the Hela+Angela synergy only has a 20% chance of triggering when all 5 champions are not knocked out.

Oh, I made sure everyone else was dead. It actually increases by 20% per champ knocked out. So 100% to revive. It works all the time just not against the robots.

If four of your champs are dead then it’s only 80%
    I'd say in that video the Degen had something to do with the K.O in the 2nd fight. Also against the Mystic drone, the Null field also has something to do with it as well. The drone abilities can effect the indestructible and its not a passive effect. It can be nullified and cancelled like any other buff. You aren't showing the Drone sig abilities and only the node abilities. I'd go back in and look at those. I haven't started Variant 1 yet so I can't get in there and see them but i'd say it has a lot to do with their sig abilities canceling out the indestructible.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

mike867 said:

Amonthir said:

The indestructible is a passive effect so it doesnt count
    The indestructible is not a passive effect. It can be nullified as its happened in fights against buffet and AAR can prevent it.
    It is a passive indestructible and thing is immune to nullify and fate seal
  • Hey there @Brackavitch, I'll pass this on to the rest of the team. Just to clarify, did you experience this against other Robot Champs, or just Ultron and the Ultron Drones? Also, it was the Worthy Opponent and Queens of Hel synergies that were having issues, but you said Heimdall's Guardian of the Rainbow Bridge synergy was working fine, correct?