**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank up decisions: to future-proof yet or no

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
edited May 2019 in Strategy and Tips
So here's my dilemma: I'm about to have enough resources to R5 another champion. I currently have 7 5/65 5* and 1 R2 6* (Unduped CapIW). I have some amazing 5* I can take to R5 (Omega, Spark, Ghost, Corvus)and quite a few duped 6* (Void, Luke Cage, Human Torch).

Tell me what you think and why...

Rank up decisions: to future-proof yet or no 33 votes

Take another 5* to R5
24%
Ace_03Sixshot1OnmixPaytoPlayLostReplica23PIZZATIMEBender_Bub2019Thicco_Mode 8 votes
Take a 6* to R2
75%
LoPrestibelli300TerraBrandonmballouNoıreEB54DkutctghNiteAndDaeSpurgeon14CupidFyrintenimarKillerRino19DaphboyClydaniaJayCeeRockypantherxEtjamaJpm14kubricknolanFuskie 25 votes

Comments

• DonJenkoPacinoDonJenkoPacino Posts: 54
    6* R2
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    6* Void to R2.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    Take another 5* to R5
    Void would be great, but Omega, Ghost and Corvus also have some really crazy utility. I'd probably go Omega or Ghost, since they're dupe reliant.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

6* Void to R2.

Should note I already have a 5* R5 sig 200 Void
    Drooped2 said:

I'd honestly hold for a dupe of one of those 6s then

The 6* I mentioned are all duped (along with Killmonger, Cap WWII, Mephisto, Red Skull and Cable)
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    Take a 6* to R2
    Unless you have a 5* you use a lot and would benefit greatly from having max rank, it would be better to use those resources on your 6* champs. Kabam has set the precedent of gating by rarity and the introduction of cavalier crystals makes it fairly clear they intend to make champs easier to get while keeping rank up materials rare.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Take a 6* to R2
    There comes a point where 'another' 5/65 doesn't really help you all that much (assuming your defense is also set). Your AW and quest teams are set. It doesn't really boost your prestige at all, etc.
    At that point it's time to move on to ranking decent 6 stars that you plan on r3'ing, and then wait for the new materials to be available.
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Take a 6* to R2
    Human torch. Be unique
    Smash said:

Why not just say brag post and list your champs?

Would rather not have all my champs out there for AW purposes 😉
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    DalBot said:

Smash said:

Why not just say brag post and list your champs?

Would rather not have all my champs out there for AW purposes 😉
    I hear you 😂
    Drooped2 said:

You have a duoe 6 human torch? You savage I'd r2 him he looks fun as hell to play

• BLACKMILKTEA_88BLACKMILKTEA_88 Posts: 87
    Take a 6* to R2
    is Your 6* CAIW rank 2 unduped good? I still thinking rank 2 my unduped 6* CAIw or rank 5 another 5* duped champ

is Your 6* CAIW rank 2 unduped good? I still thinking rank 2 my unduped 6* CAIw or rank 5 another 5* duped champ

He's still a massive content clearer for me but in hindsight wish I just R5 my duped 5* version.
    edited May 2019

Human torch. Be unique

He is a lot of fun and I did buy the 6* sig stone deal so I can put another 15 sig on him
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

6* Void to R2.

Should note I already have a 5* R5 sig 200 Void
    Ah. In that case, I'd go with HT.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    At this point, you just need to rank up a champ that can covers a lot of areas of the game.
    Find out which area of the game that you struggle the most, look at your rosters for champs that could be useful at a higher rank to overcome that struggle, then you will find out the perfect champ for the rank up.

PS:
    To me, HT is a disappointment. He could be a fun champ but a fun without usefulness is still useless in my eyes. I won't rank him up at all to R2 even if he is an awaken 6*.
    VTD is an example of a fun and useful champ.
    But it's your roster, it's all up to you in the end

At this point, you just need to rank up a champ that can covers a lot of areas of the game.
    Find out which area of the game that you struggle the most, look at your rosters for champs that could be useful at a higher rank to overcome that struggle, then you will find out the perfect champ for the rank up.

PS:
    To me, HT is a disappointment. He could be a fun champ but a fun without usefulness is still useless in my eyes. I won't rank him up at all to R2 even if he is an awaken 6*.
    VTD is an example of a fun and useful champ.
    But it's your roster, it's all up to you in the end

I have a 6* VtD so he's definitely being considered