**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thing on AoN in AW-

2»

Comments

• clj3177clj3177 Posts: 7
    mike867 said:

Ghost can do it. Someone else in T3 (highest possible stats) fighting against R4 Thing took him out in 13 hits with one-punch man move

He must not have been a duped Thing, as his safeguard awakened ability would mitigate much of the damage. Mine at Sig 150 reduces damage by 70% plus 1% per rock stack. Makes a 13 hit kill extremely difficult.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

Denta89 said:

go_nagai said:

KngSpc said:

go_nagai said:

DTMelodicMetal said it right. Use champion that has a taunt. He mentions NT, also Stark Spiderman would work too. Taunting will still make the opponent use a special, even on AON node

Spark will probably time out, and not a lot of ppl have NT, especially at that high of a rank.
    Lol why would sparky time out? Get him to 10 poise he does great damage...
    Seems like you dont know thing‘s ability

Sparky works. Haven't tried against a 5/65, but fought a 4/55 and nearly got the solo if I hadn't screwed up
    He works for 5/65 Thing too. Boost heavy and only use heavy attacks, taunt and power drain get the job done.
  • Dob1616Dob1616 Posts: 166
    Rotelly said:

If we are talking about game balance then this combo seems a little unbalanced. Any strategy that keeps his power below SP3 builds up his rock stack charges to the point where he is unstoppable the rest of the fight.

Thing Counters
    - Blade, GP, Ronin, KM & Fury are all solid champs for easy bleeds to prevent a build up of rock stacks but none have the ability to power control so after a couple combo rounds you get hit with SP3 and then unstoppable & unblockable for 8 seconds
    - DVD, Magik & Vision are solid champs for power control strong enough to drain/prevent thing from collecting enough power to reach SP3 but not able to remove rock stacks before reaching 15 so you are constantly dealing with unstoppable passive
    - SheHulk, Night Thrasher & Emma are solid champs for taunting but in the end face the same problem as power control champs

Runner Up counters
    - Hawkeye, can't out drain the counter-strike buff with his SP1 so anything drained would be replaced
    - Domino - can only taunt with a SP2 but at that point it pushes thing to SP3

what am i missing for counters?

What about captain America Infinity War? As long as he has a kinetic charge his hits remove unstoppable and his heavies and spl 2 do quite a bit of damage

• bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Dob1616 said:

Rotelly said:

If we are talking about game balance then this combo seems a little unbalanced. Any strategy that keeps his power below SP3 builds up his rock stack charges to the point where he is unstoppable the rest of the fight.

Thing Counters
    - Blade, GP, Ronin, KM & Fury are all solid champs for easy bleeds to prevent a build up of rock stacks but none have the ability to power control so after a couple combo rounds you get hit with SP3 and then unstoppable & unblockable for 8 seconds
    - DVD, Magik & Vision are solid champs for power control strong enough to drain/prevent thing from collecting enough power to reach SP3 but not able to remove rock stacks before reaching 15 so you are constantly dealing with unstoppable passive
    - SheHulk, Night Thrasher & Emma are solid champs for taunting but in the end face the same problem as power control champs

Runner Up counters
    - Hawkeye, can't out drain the counter-strike buff with his SP1 so anything drained would be replaced
    - Domino - can only taunt with a SP2 but at that point it pushes thing to SP3

what am i missing for counters?

What about captain America Infinity War? As long as he has a kinetic charge his hits remove unstoppable and his heavies and spl 2 do quite a bit of damage

Thing's passive Unstoppable cannot be nullified by CAIW
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Denta89 said:

go_nagai said:

KngSpc said:

go_nagai said:

DTMelodicMetal said it right. Use champion that has a taunt. He mentions NT, also Stark Spiderman would work too. Taunting will still make the opponent use a special, even on AON node

Spark will probably time out, and not a lot of ppl have NT, especially at that high of a rank.
    Lol why would sparky time out? Get him to 10 poise he does great damage...
    Seems like you dont know thing‘s ability

Sparky works. Haven't tried against a 5/65, but fought a 4/55 and nearly got the solo if I hadn't screwed up
    He works for 5/65 Thing too. Boost heavy and only use heavy attacks, taunt and power drain get the job done.
    Problem with heavy attacks is his protective ability. Happens when you parry him or he does a heavy. So need to wait it out and then hit. Rather, I went for a combination. Did regular hits and heavies.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    Used r4 Quake myself against r5 Things on AON. Went well the only time I did it.
  • Dob1616Dob1616 Posts: 166
    >

Thing's passive Unstoppable cannot be nullified by CAIW

That I did not know. Don’t fight him much
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit any other tips for Thing on AON?
  • diegobdias84diegobdias84 Posts: 101
    Imo She-Hulk is the best to beat him as Zibiit said

I have her 5* R3 35/35 and she's amazing against almost of all annoying enemies like Mordo, Hyperion, Jugger and every Spider

Mordo cannot use astral evade as well as Spiders cannot use evade while them have slow debuff, which also removes unstoppable in Jugger/Unst Colossus/Thing

Also her petrify on SP2 makes Hyperion and Mordo become basically useless

So yeah, for me she's one of the best to bring in AW considering I have only another 7 5* champs
  • Gert1s_Da_guruGert1s_Da_guru Posts: 66

Would you be able to tell us what other nodes you see with All or Nothing at the tier you are at? I use the Slow Debuff that She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen apply with their Heavy Attacks to keep him from going Unstoppable in some fights. And with She-Hulk, while her opponent is Unstoppable, her Heavy can't be interrupted, removes the Unstoppable, and gives her a Passive Fury. Could be an option if you focus a bit more on her Heavys than usual, assuming other nodes allow for this strategy.

What about the aon?
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike Thing on AoN node in AW is a joke. Only 1 champ really stands a chance at dropping him when he is duped. How is this balance?

After Sp3 he is unstoppable and unblockable so you pretty much just take a beating and nothing you can do but cry in the corner
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★

Would you be able to tell us what other nodes you see with All or Nothing at the tier you are at? I use the Slow Debuff that She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen apply with their Heavy Attacks to keep him from going Unstoppable in some fights. And with She-Hulk, while her opponent is Unstoppable, her Heavy can't be interrupted, removes the Unstoppable, and gives her a Passive Fury. Could be an option if you focus a bit more on her Heavys than usual, assuming other nodes allow for this strategy.

What about the aon?
    She-Hulk at least can get him to throw specials with stacked furies. It's not a huge amount, but it's enough to turn off AoN.
    Ordalca said:

What about the aon?
    She-Hulk at least can get him to throw specials with stacked furies. It's not a huge amount, but it's enough to turn off AoN.
    One champ out of how many? That is not balance
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Rotelly said:

Ordalca said:

What about the aon?
    what about starky, his taunt should work.
    Lormif said:

Rotelly said:

Ordalca said:

What about the aon?
    what about starky, his taunt should work.
    It works, but it's a risky fight. Because you need to take care of when you taunt as well since you have to look at the 15 rock stuff as well.
    When thing is duped it’s hard to do a lot of damage quickly
    Rotelly said:

When thing is duped it’s hard to do a lot of damage quickly

That's why you need to play around his protection ability. Bait heavies, wait for timer to expire and then hit
  • PandamanPetePandamanPete Posts: 107
    Quake is basically the only option. Ghost can probably do it, but I won’t go too deep into that...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Quake is clearly the best option.

Having said that: I'm not saying he's a great option (I don't play at this tier level, so haven't tried) but you could theoretically use Kingpin on Thing; using his Black-Iso-8 to reduce his build-up of Rock Stacks. Then you can either (1) keep spamming SP1 and pray the Iso-8 AAR kicks in to stop Thing's Unstoppable/Unblockable post-SP3, or (2) use your own SP2 before he triggers SP3, so that you're Unstoppable too, and build up to Overpower mode whilst you beat the **** out of each other.

It won't be pretty, mind you...

Quake is clearly the best option.

Having said that: I'm not saying he's a great option (I don't play at this tier level, so haven't tried) but you could theoretically use Kingpin on Thing; using his Black-Iso-8 to reduce his build-up of Rock Stacks. Then you can either (1) keep spamming SP1 and pray the Iso-8 AAR kicks in to stop Thing's Unstoppable/Unblockable post-SP3, or (2) use your own SP2 before he triggers SP3, so that you're Unstoppable too, and build up to Overpower mode whilst you beat the **** out of each other.

It won't be pretty, mind you...

This node also has counter-strike so any special attack gives him a bar power
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit What are the counters to Things unblockable after SP3? and please don't say put Slow on him prior to SP3 with SheHulk/SpiderGwn. Or is my only option to take a pounding
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I didn’t read all the posts, but ghost with hood works well on that. Just do 1 hit combos and phase at special 3. I solod a 5/65 sig 200 with a 4/55 unduped ghost.

If you don’t have ghost, stark, she hulk with taunt could work.