Champion Spotlight - Ronin

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 3,601 ★★★★

Are the strong/weak matchups listed in the spotlight?

Nope and Ronin is owned by any Mutant which causes bleed.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 849 ★★
    Ronin is coming Thursday to the contest! I'm excited and have saved some arena boost crystals! Hoping to save some more when Ebony Maw comes as well.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Who’s after ronin? I’m grinding out for units and trying for Ebony Maw

Can I get an answer on this please?
    They don’t release info in advance. You’ll have to wait two weeks for the next announcement.
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 728 ★★
    I'm so stoked for this character
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 1,619 ★★★
    edited May 1

LIVE AND DIE BY THE SWORD - Unique Synergy
    • Ronin: Blocking Attacks has a 50% chance to Bleed the opponent dealing 15% of Attack as Direct Damage over 5 seconds.
    • Nightcrawler: When switching Combat Modes, gain +350 Critical Damage Rating for 10 seconds.
    • Guillotine: Striking an Opponent with the fourth Light Attack has a 30% chance to gain 1 Soul. Cooldown: 10 Seconds.

Will this Synergy be on a 3 Star Version of Ronin?
  • TheSlender561TheSlender561 Posts: 1
    This is awesome!!!!
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 1,744 ★★★

Nope and Ronin is owned by any Mutant which causes bleed.
    I know, seemed odd to me unless this is now a thing.

FWIW, didn't even notice him while using AA.
    Will 3* Ronin go for 1.5 Mil or less like 1.3 Mil? Curious if anyone has any insight on this?
    I just got this champ as a 5* and took him straight up to 4/55. This champ is amazing and I’ve only used him twice against ROL WS. He is very smooth and fun to play. I like his stance mechanic and how easy it is to change stances and you don’t have to hold block like so many other champs. He’s very fluid and when played right he deals devastating damage. I’m super excited about this champ. Good job guys!
    V1PER1987 said:

I just got this champ as a 5* and took him straight up to 4/55. This champ is amazing and I’ve only used him twice against ROL WS. He is very smooth and fun to play. I like his stance mechanic and how easy it is to change stances and you don’t have to hold block like so many other champs. He’s very fluid and when played right he deals devastating damage. I’m super excited about this champ. Good job guys!

Did you get him from a crystal? Can you post a picture?
  • JosmanxJosmanx Posts: 62
    He seems to be a nice champion, but he relies on bleeds, sounds Blade-miliar...
    Josmanx said:

He seems to be a nice champion, but he relies on bleeds, sounds Blade-miliar...

Could have potential to fill in if someone doesn't have Blade.

How much do you think he will go for in 3* arena?
  • JosmanxJosmanx Posts: 62

I did not see the strong/weak matchups...
    Omega Red could be a good counter...
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 3,601 ★★★★

V1PER1987 said:

Had some luck today myself

V1PER1987 said:

I was so lucky I got two.
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Wish I had spare units to give it a shot, but for now working on getting Ronin in 3* arena and getting a 4* or 5* in the way future. :)
  • Trinity3n1Trinity3n1 Posts: 2
    The fact he can parry a projectile has me excited. Anyone remember the days of parrying Venom’s SP2 when he was the AQ boss? Still won’t be able to do that but this is a start :)

V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Wish I had spare units to give it a shot, but for now working on getting Ronin in 3* arena and getting a 4* or 5* in the way future. :)
    Good luck to you. He seems like more of a fun champ to play rather than a game breaking champ like Corvus or Blade but I hope you win him soon.
  • Nitro_Zues45Nitro_Zues45 Posts: 43

He is so good the first crystal i opened i got him
    edited May 18
    So I came across something strange when looking at the featured champs on the home page of the game. It seems Ronin’s max sig as a 5* caps at 2.06 seconds of evade and ~23% fury when he evades. The max sig for the 6* caps at 1.50 seconds of evade and ~20% fury when he evades. Typically when you go up in rarity the sigs should get stronger but for some reason Ronin’s gets weaker. Is there any reason for this? Is this info incorrect and needs to be updated?

Also I do not think Ronin is working as intended. There are multiple instances where Ronin in Wraith stance with disorient on the opponent is not preventing defensive ability accuracy. If it was one instance, then I would chalk it up to RNG, but I have fought several Iron Men, Iron Patriots, and Superior Iron Men where having both Wraith stance and disorient active did not shut off any of their arc overload abilities. The first one is Iron Man from 3.2 EQ. The second is a duel versus a Superior Iron Man. I’ve seen this happen in every aspect of the contest except maybe AW. Please look into this bug and fix him.

• Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 904 ★★★
    It might be because DAAR doesn’t apply if health is taken down through DoT

I’m not quite sure that’s how it works. As long as there’s active DAAR on the opponent it shouldn’t matter what means takes them under their threshold, it should still work. But I could be wrong.
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 2,101 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

I’m not quite sure that’s how it works. As long as there’s active DAAR on the opponent it shouldn’t matter what means takes them under their threshold, it should still work. But I could be wrong.
    Does arc overload qualify as a defensive ability? I honestly have no idea how its classified but maybe it's not considered a defensive ability.
    zeezee57 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Does arc overload qualify as a defensive ability? I honestly have no idea how its classified but maybe it's not considered a defensive ability.
    It absolutely should be and used to be. You could always bypass it with CB, BW, and Falcon.
  • SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 70
    I have him at 5/65 and I found it’s even impossible to bypass Modok’s auto block with both disorient and wraith stance. Also the disorient lasts too short and almost expires immediately after sp1...For me, the DAAR thing of Ronin is not a reliable solution to auto block or evade. But it helps a little against damage reduction like safeguard node and Thing.
    Well Ronin was hyped as a DAAR champ with Wraith stance and disorient. The fact that it doesn’t work more than it does tells me this is severely bugged and needs to be looked at.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,815 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Well Ronin was hyped as a DAAR champ with Wraith stance and disorient. The fact that it doesn’t work more than it does tells me this is severely bugged and needs to be looked at.

I’ve got similar questions re: Disorient from
    a Night Thrasher perspective. I’m not sure the debuff is working at all like I would expect it to work.

It may boil down to what is actually coded as a defensive ability in game. I would expect auto-block, evade, thorns, even something like tenacity to be a defensive ability.

But the version of Disorient I’m playing with doesn’t seem very disorienting for the AI at all.

Best of luck getting it sorted with Ronin.

Dr. Zola
    Really hate to be “that person” but this is a rather important thing to get resolved. Can you all please look into this?
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 2,854 ★★★★
    edited May 20
    @viper1987 did you start a thread in bugs and known issues? Also submit a ticket, if you want confirmation someone noticed the report, submitting a ticket has always been followed up with them looking for more info and assuring me they are looking into it.

*Then again it’s only 40%.