**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champs are getting way too complicated.. yes you Ebony Maw

Comments

• Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    Savio444 said:

I just find it funny that Corvus cant hit Ebony maw at all. That is a bit much if you ask me.
    Its a cycle, Mystic champs and villains where the thing, then came blade. Then they stopped putting villain tags on character who where obviously villains, as well as the lack of mystics.(Because apparently there are not many mystical characters in marvel...) Right now they're countering the big guaranteed crit champs like ghost and Corvus, with champs like Mister Sinister and now Ebony Maw. But really Corvus cant hit him at all, not even basic hits? Id have thought specials that had guarantee crit will miss would be enough.

"If the opponent doesn't have class advantage, Ebony maw causes all guaranteed critical hits to miss"

I dont know any science champions with guaranteed crits, apart from MODOKs every 7 hits.
    Might have well just put in the description "good luck Corvus and ghost"...

Wasp gets 2 guaranteed crits when she's shrinking.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Who is the ghost counter anyways?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

Savio444 said:

I just find it funny that Corvus cant hit Ebony maw at all. That is a bit much if you ask me.
    Its a cycle, Mystic champs and villains where the thing, then came blade. Then they stopped putting villain tags on character who where obviously villains, as well as the lack of mystics.(Because apparently there are not many mystical characters in marvel...) Right now they're countering the big guaranteed crit champs like ghost and Corvus, with champs like Mister Sinister and now Ebony Maw. But really Corvus cant hit him at all, not even basic hits? Id have thought specials that had guarantee crit will miss would be enough.

"If the opponent doesn't have class advantage, Ebony maw causes all guaranteed critical hits to miss"

I dont know any science champions with guaranteed crits, apart from MODOKs every 7 hits.

Also, let's see what Invisible Woman and Mr Fantastic can do. I wouldn't be at all surprised if IW gets guaranteed crits when she's Invisible.

Later champs counter prior champs, after all...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Didn’t read his abilities that clearly but after fighting him a few times this is what I noticed:

- there’s a counter on you that counts up gradually once he becomes focused
    - once that counter reaches 20, your next hit is a guaranteed crit that will miss and fulfill one of his missions
    - Once you hit 15-16, the game will notify you that you are “approaching falter”, once faltered you’re next hit is guaranteed crit
    - Upon EM completing a mission, you’ll get faltered and all attacks will miss as long as you have the falter passive on you (+ degen). So just wait it out.
    - Using heavy on him will remove his focus and get him to go into cooldown

Besides that he’s not too tough as the boss since it’s only 29-30k, and his health pool seems to be as small as Spark’s.

Sounds like an interesting fight. So, guaranteed crits which then miss...

Has anyone tried taking Crossbones into this fight?
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★

Savio444 said:

Which is funny cause she shrinks when using a heavy attack or special, both that break Ebony's focus. So the guaranteed crits will still connect lol. Wasp is an excellent counter to him.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★

This game is getting extremely ridiculous. If you can tell by my avatar, Captain America is my favorite character. There is basically nothing I can use that champ for because his abilities are terrible compared to the champs this past year or so.

I've been saying for awhile they should go down to 1 new champ a month and if anything, update older champs like OG Cap.

Anyway, I couldn't even activate my SP3 when taking Nebula against Maw. I don't understand how or why. Maybe I should find a simple game like Q-bert or something to play.

I feel more and more like this every day. Games are supposed to be enjoyable, after all.

Dr. Zola
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    BuckeyeKP said:

it's one thing for Corvus to not be "effective" against him. Blade with no DS is still viable for most content, just not OP. So that's fine as a counter, but for Corvus not to be able to hit him at all is fairly bogus. At. All.

Kabam already addressed this get over it

• Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    I really don’t care either way... have r2 Corvus, love using other people though also. Used red hulk for ebony. It is silly for a champ to not be able to hit someone though.. in fairness. Sinister is a “counter” to Corvus.. he regens the crit damage. Anyways like I said I’m happy to use red hulk. I’ll let y’all battle it out. ✌🏻
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Why are people so adamant about bringing Corvus to a mystic fight anyway? You know there’s like 130 other champs you can use against him. Hell I was taking EM down with Antman. It gets annoying and embarrassing when the community gets into an uproar when one champ is released to counter another (or two in this case). It would be a different story if every defender was EM but it’s one fight. The complaints about this fight is ridiculous.

I have a ton of champs I could use. My problem is there shouldn't be a champ made with the intent that another effectively has no chance to win against them. Highly unlikely to win is worlds different than can't win.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Ebony Maw is a great setup for Ghost users in AW. If you're using Ghost, you probably have Wasp along for the ride. Now she gets to earn her keep in a Ghost synergy team by being one of if not the best counter to Ebony Maw, a Ghost counter. Hit 3 or 4, ending on a light attack, then you have the guaranteed heavy (to break his focus) with guaranteed crits, plus class advantage to boost her already significant damage. Add in the 25% attack boost from the Quantum Trinity and she has even UC Ebony Maw down in no time.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    *cough*Void*cough*

Edit: on topic, I tried reading his abilities before I fought him and was like eff that.

Then I used Void.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

V1PER1987 said:

Why are people so adamant about bringing Corvus to a mystic fight anyway? You know there’s like 130 other champs you can use against him. Hell I was taking EM down with Antman. It gets annoying and embarrassing when the community gets into an uproar when one champ is released to counter another (or two in this case). It would be a different story if every defender was EM but it’s one fight. The complaints about this fight is ridiculous.

I have a ton of champs I could use. My problem is there shouldn't be a champ made with the intent that another effectively has no chance to win against them. Highly unlikely to win is worlds different than can't win.
    Why is it a problem? I still don’t understand. That’s just life in a Rock Paper Scissors type game. In a game where things are meant to counter others, you should bring a counter to the thing that counters Corvus or Ghost? I have them both as a 4/55 and a 6* Ghost but I brought Rulk too. It’s amazing how easily he wrecked EM. I brought Antman, too, which also ruined his day. EM has a really small health pool and low armor so he’s pretty easy to knock out. Sorry you can’t use the same champ for every single fight.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Why is it a problem? I still don’t understand. That’s just life in a Rock Paper Scissors type game. In a game where things are meant to counter others, you should bring a counter to the thing that counters Corvus or Ghost? I have them both as a 4/55 and a 6* Ghost but I brought Rulk too. It’s amazing how easily he wrecked EM. I brought Antman, too, which also ruined his day. EM has a really small health pool and low armor so he’s pretty easy to knock out. Sorry you can’t use the same champ for every single fight.
    Agreed.
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

It's bad game design and not necessary to make a champ that a specific adversary has no chance against. The fact that he can be dominated by nearly every other champ doesn't make their decision a good one. If they wanted to make the fight tougher I'm all for it. They could have gone any number of better ways that I could get behind. It's a bad idea to make the fight impossible for a specific champion. I don't know how else to explain it if you still can't see why it's a bad idea. Not a money grab, not cheap, not a nerf, it's just bad game design that someone should have stopped before it went live. My ability to smash him into goo with Rulk didn't make it any less of a bad idea.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/gS99TXPmS_Q

Yeah I agreed that Ebony Maw’s abilities are quite complicated and so far I can’t kill him in one shot, yet the above video do help me to understand more on how to defeat him.
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 265
    it is not a rant about Corvus and/or ghost not beeing able to tear EM apart, but EM is the very first champions that seams designed not to be a problem for Corvus but designed to totaly not giving him a chance. torch and EM seem way to powerfull in this aspect.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    I mean how come when that deadpool was here it wasnt a problem when he had corvus immune in his bio but there was no problem and not only that you guys are complaining that one champ counters corvus when there are literal do you bleed nodes which counter over half of the champs in the game and everyone keeps silent about that like smh stop relying on your crutch for everything
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    The thing to remember with Maw: Wasp

The thing to remember is wasp, she just makes him trivial if you can intercept
    Zuro said:

I mean how come when that deadpool was here it wasnt a problem when he had corvus immune in his bio but there was no problem and not only that you guys are complaining that one champ counters corvus when there are literal do you bleed nodes which counter over half of the champs in the game and everyone keeps silent about that like smh stop relying on your crutch for everything

Clearly that Deapool challenge was a one-off joke of an event. Not a new champ that will be in the contest forever. Why is it so hard for people to understand that it is a bad design decision and sets a poor precedent for future champs? It's just as bad for the game as when willpower was making a number of champs worthless because they placed debuffs and couldn't ever outdamage the regen. "You can use another champ" wasn't a sufficient argument against making a change for the better there either. For your bleed argument, if Kabam made a champ that couldn't attack if he was bleeding, it would be a poor and short-sighted design choice there too. There's a big difference between creating counter champs (SymbSupreme and many other mystics are very effective counters to Corvus) and designing to make one or more champs always lose.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    What if Kabam buffed Magneto to where he should be: an OP metal manipulator? In the Comics he is a very direct counter to Wolverine. Wolvie should not be able to even touch Magneto. Same should be true for Ultron, Sentinel, Nebula and Vision (and maybe a couple more) against Magneto.

The big difference would be that there would be 0 outrage. Why? Because Wolvie isn't available as a 5* and because he's outdated in the current meta.