**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

VERSUS COMBATS Third super power for not fighting

How about this scenario?, Dr. Strange 3 stars 475 rating vs Magik 3 stars 712 rating? Dr. strange has a 52 combo hit100% of life , MAgik is at 18% life, Magik hasn landed a hit yet but waits placidly til the power bar is fully charged then Kabam! Blast the third super power and Kaput! Dr. Strange life is gone 100%!!
Cases like this make this game soooo boring because the game is designed to enpower those who don’t attack because the bar is filled twice as fast if u receive hits than if u r giving then. So? Next time. Should i just sit with my 4 star against a two star and wait till my bar is full and terminate the fight? Wow! Thats boring, Ill rather play UFC, if thats the case. I think u have to channge this and force competitors to fight more by giving double fill of power bar whnen u attack rather than for those who do nothing and sit waiting to be granted for it! Because in that case there is no change for a 2 star 800 rating to beat a 3 star 2000 rating, kuz all it has to do, due to the time of life lasting, is wait and charge third super power and be dead even if it has high combo hits and full life. It doesnt motivate to go to arenas where u r gonna face this cases, it is really boring. Ill stick to the atenas where i know ill be natching equals,then it is a matter of skill, not system grants for nothing. 😒 Cheers

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @MerreKordAras this is the most bizzare post I’ve read in awhile. It sounds like you don’t understand one of the most basic skills in the game: baiting specials. You aren’t supposed to hit them until they fill their power bar. You are supposed to get them to use their 1st or second special attack (and then not get hit by it). As to letting them hit you until you get 3 bars, good luck with that strategy on a quest or against many champs who will kill you before that happens. The game doesn’t reward you for not fighting lol.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Her sp3 nullifies buffs and causes direct damage for each one.
    Also, you can't calculate special attack damage that way. Each champion has a different special attack damage that isn't displayed anywhere
  • MerreKordArasMerreKordAras Posts: 15
    Hum! Interesting
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Bait specials.
  • ClockworkGremlinClockworkGremlin Posts: 94
    You’ll love Hyperion even more.
  • Sly1Sly1 Posts: 23
    I see this a lot. This is why I like to use power draining champs. They don't seem to know how to fight when you keep zapping away their power.
    Sly1 said:

I see this a lot. This is why I like to use power draining champs. They don't seem to know how to fight when you keep zapping away their power.

Exactly ! I agree, i love draining power characters because i do feel they don't know what to do without the bars, and i just go full attack , destroying them before the bar hits sp3. I enjoy it so much, when they are helpless without sp3. Thats working the best. Thanks anyway! But im not good at baiting. Honestly.
    Im being way more succesful now, doing it like this. Kamikase!

You’ll love Hyperion even more.

I love hyperion regardless, he is one of my tops

Drooped2 said:

@MerreKordAras this is the most bizzare post I’ve read in awhile. It sounds like you don’t understand one of the most basic skills in the game: baiting specials. You aren’t supposed to hit them until they fill their power bar. You are supposed to get them to use their 1st or second special attack (and then not get hit by it). As to letting them hit you until you get 3 bars, good luck with that strategy on a quest or against many champs who will kill you before that happens. The game doesn’t reward you for not fighting lol.

I just use suicides and end the fight before they get a special 3 way easier

Well, Lenoir, you just describe exactly what everybody does which is exactly the point of my comment but in opposite direction. I want to go full attack and see my bar filled more rapidly than those who Im attacking, I would think thats more logical. But wishful thinking I guess LOL. If the attacker bar would be filled faster than defensive, that would push the defender to attack more, and i suppose that give and take would be more enjoyable.
    I had some very entertaining combats in VERSUS ARENAS with dudes that dont wait for SP3 and are constantly throwing combos and sp1 and 2, and i do likewise, and thats way more fun.
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★

• JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 534 ★★★
    Hate to burst the bubble, but you are not playing against other people in Versus Arena. You ARE playing against other players champions, but the AI is controlling them. There is no matching up of two players playing against each other at the same time.
    I
    Drooped2 said:

I just use suicides and end the fight before they get a special 3 way easier
    JollyHawk said:

Hate to burst the bubble, but you are not playing against other people in Versus Arena. You ARE playing against other players champions, but the AI is controlling them. There is no matching up of two players playing against each other at the same time.

I know that, same as AW defense.