**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Issues with Fear of the Void while fighting King Groot [Title edited for clarity]

May_The_WayMay_The_Way Posts: 885 ★★★★
edited May 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
I recently fought King Groot on node 52 in Tier 5. A couple of issues came up that I can’t explain, but thankfully, I was recording.

But 1st of all...

Why is he regenerating with Fear Of The Void active?

Secondly...

Why did my Debuff timer disappear mid-fight, never to return?

https://youtu.be/mYVIoXWVAGo
Here is the full video. I really hope a Moderator can give some answers, cause I have nothing.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    The only thing I can think of is that the Recovery node with +150% healing overrides the 100% heal block by an additional 50%.

Now, that makes no MFing sense because 100% of something is... well... 100%.

But, from the numbers, it looks like that extra 50% is coming through.
    As far as your timer goes... I think it may be a bug against KG.

If you notice, your first attempt to apply FotV was shrugged off; however, the game interpreted it as applying and removed all the intimidating debuffs.

After that, your next debuff went straight to FotV without having any debuffs on KG at all.

I don't know man... all sorts of ####ed up.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    It happens if u already had all 6 debuffs and if 1 shrugs off and u apply the 6th again by sp1 the fov goes on and timer goes away very common and have to play different if fighting kg or mascholism with healing it's due to recovery mastery
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Hamin said:

The only thing I can think of is that the Recovery node with +150% healing overrides the 100% heal block by an additional 50%.

Now, that makes no MFing sense because 100% of something is... well... 100%.

But, from the numbers, it looks like that extra 50% is coming through.

That's true, didn't think about the recovery node haha.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    It does make sense though for the recovery node thing. FOTV reduces effectiveness by 100%, recovery raises the effectiveness by 150%. So there is a net effectiveness of 50%. The main issue here is still the intimidating debuff timer.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    I've wasted some of my data watching the video thinking that it might some bugs that I could explain.
    Got nothing lol
    But I saw some weird things:
    1) FOTV started way too slow.
    2) When 2 petrify were active, KG can't regen. But when FOTV was active, he did have some regen. Weird.

My conclusion? Definitely a bug! Or game coding error by devs
  • JayerickJayerick Posts: 54
    I have used Void a lot over the last year and I can tell you that 100% heal block has always been exactly that. You can't have healing powers of any magnitude that overcome 100% heal block, or negate the reversal brought about by the despair mastery. It would be like, hey, guess what now, ROL Wolverine healing is so powerful it overcomes Void heal block and regen reversal. So it's definitely some kind of bug, I have beaten KG so many times with Void and it always works as intended.
    You had Fear of the Void and the timer disappeared and you did not get to inflict any debuffs from the timer!!! You would have won. Could Willpower mastery cause the extra regen?
  • muddy17muddy17 Posts: 225
    It’s bs KG has been doing that for awhile I submitted a ticket last year about it and nothing was said so I just avoid him if can be.. he shrugs off too many debuffs at once and it’s really annoying playing with void and having ur debuffs removed because the cpu got confused and ran home to momma ... like he said if a node says a sp3 will take 100% of your hp you are going to die period.. no extra 50% (unless hela, heimdall, or Mordo synergies)

@Kabam Miike, @Kabam Zibiit or any mod, this is getting ridiculous!!

He is regenerating over +100 Health every second with FOTV active. Can we get some news on this???

FotV (or any of Void's passive debuff effects) will not affect Mephisto.
    Also, the real concern here is that "effectiveness" is being translated over to % of healing.

With the Recovery node and Recovery mastery, it's overriding the heal block by 65%.

Fatigue debuff should cut healing by 100%+. Healing effectiveness should only affect the amount healed.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Hamin said:

Bendy said:

with healing it's due to recovery mastery

I'll reiterate. 100% of something is 100%

If you normally eat two PB&Js for lunch, but you decided to increase that amount by 150% that would be five PB&Js.

Now, if your dog decides to ninja 100% of your lunch... that's five PB&Js.

You can increase the amount of PB&Js all you want, but if your dog eats 100%, it's going to be all of it regardless of the number.
    This made me lol... Nice analogy :smiley:

Hamin said:

@Kabam Miike, @Kabam Zibiit or any mod, this is getting ridiculous!!

He is regenerating over +100 Health every second with FOTV active. Can we get some news on this???

FotV (or any of Void's passive debuff effects) will not affect Mephisto.

Does King Groot have that ability too?

I did however, test it against RoL WS, & the match turned out fine... FOTV Heal Blocked Perfectly. It seems inconsistent.
    No, the mini boss node has a 150% effectiveness to healing and it's more than likely the player has Recovery mastery.

This would only be applicable in arena and war.
    Do you guys have the Despair mastery maxed, too? I do and have never had this issue (yet, knock on wood)
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Don’t know what happened to timer, also recover master give a 115% or base heal, fotv is a flat 100% rather than block, so he still gets 15%