**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wasp was an original Avenger?

I just had a thought. In the Avengers comics that I read I remember Wasp being one of the original team members, her & Antman. Like one of the founding members? Why isn’t she listed as an Avenger? Just curious...

Comments

• Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Wasp in game is Evangeline Lilly . Not her mother
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★

Ummm I’m talking about characters from the comics man not actors. Like the original material

he's implying that the actor portraying the Wasp is Hope Van Dyne, not Janet. Therefore she wouldn't be a "Founding Avenger" and even if she was dubbed an Avenger later on in the movies, it wouldn't matter cause that Wasp was plucked from the timestream at the time of Ant-Man and the Wasp.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Ummm I’m talking about characters from the comics man not actors. Like the original material

his point still stands.. In the comics Antman was Professor Pym and the wasp was Janet van Dyne

In the game/movie it was Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne (Janet's daughter)
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★

So... Michelle Pfeifer is an avenger...?! Awesome!
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Why isn't Starlord tagged as an Avenger? He's on the team in the latest AVENGERS movie isn't he
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Snizzbar said:

Why isn't Starlord tagged as an Avenger? He's on the team in the latest AVENGERS movie isn't he

As has been stated prior, there are specific characters that are PLUCKED from the timestream at a SPECIFIC time. Therefore, whatever happened up to that point will apply. Anything that happens afterword rarely ever changes the character tags or anything greater whether it be a cinematic influence or not.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Movies or comics don't matter. Disregard.
    She is not an avenger in this game
  • Dark89PhoenixDark89Phoenix Posts: 166
    Forget the actors & the movies. Let’s go based on the comics. The wasp is in the game, therefore should be an avenger. Period.

he's implying that the actor portraying the Wasp is Hope Van Dyne, not Janet. Therefore she wouldn't be a "Founding Avenger" and even if she was dubbed an Avenger later on in the movies, it wouldn't matter cause that Wasp was plucked from the timestream at the time of Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Forget the actors & the movies. Let’s go based on the comics. The wasp is in the game, therefore should be an avenger. Period.

Still not the same wasp, and this game is not based on the same world as the comics are based on, period.
    Have you guys ever read the avengers comics? Like the old ones? Hank Pym was an original Avenger. He worked with Stark, but the movie doesn’t touch on that. So if Lang is an Avenger, why isn’t Wasp?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019

This game is not based on the main Marvel Universe (Earth-616 continuity)
    This game is not based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-19999 continuity)
    This game IS based on the Battlerealm continuity of Earth-TRN517.

Trying to apply "This person is this thing in this form of media" doesn't work, as this universe is it's own entity.
    I mean they have Wolverine listed in the new avengers team that’s accurate from the comics. So they’re basing some of this off the comics.
    Lormif said:

Still not the same wasp, and this game is not based on the same world as the comics are based on, period.

I mean they have Wolverine listed in the new avengers team that’s accurate from the comics. So they’re basing some of this off the comics.

Lormif said:

some is not all. Again, different universe as the poster above you pointed out.
    This actually answered my question. Thank you kind sir.
    ItsDamien said:

This game is not based on the main Marvel Universe (Earth-616 continuity)
    This game is not based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-19999 continuity)
    This game IS baed on the Battlerealm continuity of Earth-TRN517.

Trying to apply "This person is this thing in this form of media" doesn't work, as this universe is it's own entity.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Who cares. Corvus doesn't need to be able to generate two charges against her. Or against War Machine. Both are barely usable on defense at it is.
    Someone here answered my question more accurately. I don’t know why people think they can come to my thread & be smart asses. I just was curious. This was supposed to be a fun post.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Someone here answered my question more accurately. I don’t know why people think they can come to my thread & be smart asses. I just was curious. This was supposed to be a fun post.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

1) I answered your question without making any derogatory makes, I was not a smartass.
    2) the forums get "why isnt x champ y tagged" like every 5 minutes, they are not fun.
    Simple. Stay out of them. Don’t respond if they’re not fun to you. Not trying to be mean.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

1) I answered your question without making any derogatory makes, I was not a smartass.
    2) the forums get "why isnt x champ y tagged" like every 5 minutes, they are not fun.
    Thanks for that information. I hope someone here finds it useful, because I don’t think this was one of my questions...

Who cares. Corvus doesn't need to be able to generate two charges against her. Or against War Machine. Both are barely usable on defense at it is.

Simple. Stay out of them. Don’t respond if they’re not fun to you. Not trying to be mean.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Sorry but you dont get to determine what is fun, and tell people to stay out of posts if they are not fun for them.. You asked for information, and were repeatedlly given accurate information, and repeatedly ignored said information.

if you want a post to be "fun" give more clues and context. If someone asks for information I will give it, if you make jokes ill ignore it. Dont try to redefine it after the fact.
    Thanks to all who weren’t rude. I don’t really like posting in forums anymore because you get attacked for not knowing some things. I thought this was the whole point of the forums. If you get annoyed by seeing a post, don’t read it. Thanks again guys for the information!
    Don’t be bitter my friend. It’s cool. We’re all fans here. Thank you though. I really mean that.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Sorry but you dont get to determine what is fun, and tell people to stay out of posts if they are not fun for them.. You asked for information, and were repeatedlly given accurate information, and repeatedly ignored said information.

if you want a post to be "fun" give more clues and context. If someone asks for information I will give it, if you make jokes ill ignore it. Dont try to redefine it after the fact.
    Also, I am glad you helped me. But you made me feel like I was wrong for not knowing. You’re not very friendly. But you’re also behind a computer screen or phone. & personally I don’t read things or even indulge in them if they’re not interesting. Waste of life you know?
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

• Tthunder2058Tthunder2058 Posts: 115
    Hank Pym did not work with Stark-father or son in the original comic book he and Wasp-Janet were original Avengers,MCU Nick Fury is not original comic Fury he was from the Ultimates comic line,the game is based on who the developers and Kabam says are Avengers.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★

Snizzbar said:

As has been stated prior, there are specific characters that are PLUCKED from the timestream at a SPECIFIC time. Therefore, whatever happened up to that point will apply. Anything that happens afterword rarely ever changes the character tags or anything greater whether it be a cinematic influence or not.
    Lol whoosh ☺️
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    Marvel decides the the tags that a champion has, not kabam. So if you want to have a go at someone, have a go at Marvel.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    JayCee said:

Marvel decides the the tags that a champion has, not kabam. So if you want to have a go at someone, have a go at Marvel.

I know Kabam has stated that Marvel has the final say on Tags.... but I actually wonder the actual validity of their statement. I'm always a bit cynical when it comes to Games Devs who pass the buck onto a larger company that people would simple go "Oh well if they say it's this company doing it, then it must be that". I'd love to see some actual confirmation from Marvel, not Kabam, stating they have the final say on the Tags for the game over Kabam. Straight from the Horses Mouth, so to speak.